job interview help!!

wendyjpa

Cathlete
Help please!!
I have a very important interview in a week and am so nervous!!
The company is one i already work for, but this is a different department (healthcare). The interviews are not your typical "tell me about yourself". They are largely situational and very tough questions. They take usually two hours. Does anyone know of any good websites to prepare for such interviews??? I hate to say i have to study for it, but i do! I've taken one before and the questions are so difficult to answer.

Links, websites, ??? Help!

tia!
Wendy

There is a ton of stuff on Monster.com. I highly recommend just going to this site and reading everything they say about interviews and interview skills. I have done this in past and not only did I learn good stuff, it reassured me about a lot of things.

Good luck!

I've recently been job searching. I made it to the final 3 on 4 jobs. The first 3 I didn't study. Figured I had it down..didn't get any offers. Then I went through the stuff on monster.com and got the last job I interviewed for. So for me, it really paid off :)

Colleen

Monster.com has some mock interview questions. You should ALWAYS practice for an interview. Good luck!

I practiced for my last 3 interviews. One I got an offer for a different position with the same company, but it wasn't something I was really interested in. The second I was offered a position, but it had changed from what we originally discussed. The last was for the job I just started last Monday. Definitely do not ever try to "wing" an interview. By being prepared, you put yourself ahead of the "wingers".

Hey Wendy: I have no better advise than you have already been given but wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK!!!!!:) With a week to prepare luck won't have anything to do with it, you will rock the interview because you've done your homework and put your heart into it!!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.