Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and ripped

shorty68

Has anyone tried the 30 day shred and 30 day ripped DVD's by Jillian Michaels? If so did you like them and what resulst did you get?

Thank you
Shorty

Hi there :)

I'm a big Jillian fan and have both DVD's. BC (before Cathe :D) I strictly did Jillian and Bob Harper DVD's and lost 55lbs out of the 65lbs I gained during my pregnancy. I believe Jillian w/o's helped condition and prepare me for some of Cathe's toughest cardio (IMAX 3 :eek:). With that said, both workouts are circuit-based. Jillian uses mostly compound exercises to burn a maximum amount of calories in the shortest time possible. Both DVD's have the 3-2-1 concept; 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. Don't think that because these workouts are short (30min) they are not effective. 30 Day Shred has 3 levels, with Level 1 being the easiest (but definitely NOT easy). Ripped in 30, has 4 levels. The levels get progressively harder, but you can always modify and go at your own pace. The weight sections require dumbbell's (the exercisers use 3's & 5's because it is low weight/high reps) but you can go lower/higher depending on your fitness level. The cardio segments require no equipment, just your body. It is mostly straightforward plyo (high knee's, butt kicks, squat jumps, ect). If you are not familiar with Jillian's style, she is a tough trainer. Some find her too brash, while other's (like me :D) like her bad-a** approach. She tends to swear sometimes, she won't sweat along with you (she is usually harassing the dancers), and she does not believe in water breaks :eek:. With that being said, you either love or loathe her. Her programs are wonderful for busy people who want results, but do not have the time to commit to 1hr+ workouts/day. I would further suggest to supplement Jillian's cardio/circuits with Cathe's strength training workouts, as Jillian's weight training factor is lacking IMO.

Good luck!!

Natasha

Thanks Natasha!! I did Jillian Yoga melt and I love her attitude. Are both of this DVD'S sold in stores? Also I've been looking at body revolution, have you tried that? Thanks Again!!!

Shorty

Hi Shorty,

All Jillian's w/o's can be purchased at retail stores (Walmart) except for Body Revolution. I have not done Body Revolution, but these are the workouts I do own:

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
No More Trouble Zones
Yoga Meltdown
Shed & Shred
Fast Fix Kickbox - meh, I didn't care for this one :(
30 Day Shred
Ripped in 30

She is also featured in several The Biggest Loser DVD's including Power Sculpt & Cardio Max.

Don't forget to watch her youtube show Daily Dose! It's excellent!

Natasha

Last edited:
Natasha, you mean "No More Trouble Zones", right? Just wanted to be clear so that Shorty wouldn't have a difficult time finding it. It is one of my favorites of Jillian's, along with "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism", and 30DS.

Another one of my favorites of Jillian's is 6 week/6 pack abs. It is NOT all ab work, but it does work your core in an excellent way. It also works arms and has some cardio benefit. I think maybe it's my favorite Jillian.

Along with the fact that Jillian gives you a great workout in a short amount of time, I also love the fact that all of her workouts are equipment friendly. I travel with them all the time. BFBM doesn't use any weights. I use a set of 5 or 8 lb dumbbells with NMTZ, and Six week/Six Pack abs only uses one 5 lb (or 8 lb) weight.

Natasha, you mean "No More Trouble Zones", right? Just wanted to be clear so that Shorty wouldn't have a difficult time finding it. It is one of my favorites of Jillian's, along with "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism", and 30DS.

Another one of my favorites of Jillian's is 6 week/6 pack abs. It is NOT all ab work, but it does work your core in an excellent way. It also works arms and has some cardio benefit. I think maybe it's my favorite Jillian.

Along with the fact that Jillian gives you a great workout in a short amount of time, I also love the fact that all of her workouts are equipment friendly. I travel with them all the time. BFBM doesn't use any weights. I use a set of 5 or 8 lb dumbbells with NMTZ, and Six week/Six Pack abs only uses one 5 lb (or 8 lb) weight.

LOL, Yup that's it. I had a brain fart for a moment there :eek:.

I also have 6 Week/6 Pack and I agree, that one is a core goodie :eek:

Natasha

I have some JM DVD's because of Natasha's rave reviews of them. I know Walmart carries a pack that is a pretty decent deal (I think three or four of them for like $20). Otherwise, I would suggest getting them on Amazon.com. I found that they had the cheapest price. HTH!

BTW, BFBM would be a great preparer for Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit IMO.

I love Jillian. Her workouts are tougher than they look. I love 6 week 6 pack, I love Shred it with Weights. I want to buy No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I like that the workouts are short. I will often pair them with a jog or some yoga. I like her attitude and I don't care that she doesn't do all of the whole workout. She is the instructor, not a dancer.

I don't care for her yoga dvd that much.

You can try them out on Netflix. Thats how I test most workouts (except Cathe.)

I don't have Body Revolution (yet, there is always Christmas!!!).

Results are usually a combination of the workout and your diet. So, just watch both. Also, they are short workouts, at max 200 cal. burn usually. So, this won't give you a calorie deficit if that is what you are looking for.

Hi ladies,
I am curious about Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs. Since it is always the area I love to work the most I figure I should give it a shot and see what it's about.

I also want to try Yoga Meltdown, too (uh hum, Natasha:D), since I want to like yoga but just can't get into it.

So checking out YouTube and Netflix will allow me to try the workouts?

Hi ladies,
I am curious about Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs. Since it is always the area I love to work the most I figure I should give it a shot and see what it's about.

I also want to try Yoga Meltdown, too (uh hum, Natasha:D), since I want to like yoga but just can't get into it.

Jennifer, I have Killer Buns and Thighs and I love it. It's a bun burner and it spikes your heart rate. Like her other workouts, it's done in circuit fashion and involves no weights or light weights, and quick transition from one exercise to the next.

Last I checked, Netflix doesn't have ALL of her workouts, but it does carry quite a few. That's how I first got hooked on Jillian's workouts. I think they are a nice compliment to my Cathe rotations.

Hi ladies,

That is the only one along w/Shred It With Weights I have yet to try. I was looking at previews on Jillian's website and it looks very good. I recognize a lot of the moves from her other w/o's.

I did her Yoga the other day (as you know :)) and I almost forgot how much I loved it! If you did level 1 and 2 (30min each) you will find yourself in a pool of sweat, especially if plank poses are challenging for you. And like I said at our check-in, it's more "athletic" as opposed to "spiritual" while still getting the full benefit of Yoga (flexibility, strong core, toned legs & arms) with the various poses :)

I did her Yoga the other day (as you know :)) and I almost forgot how much I loved it! If you did level 1 and 2 (30min each) you will find yourself in a pool of sweat, especially if plank poses are challenging for you. And like I said at our check-in, it's more "athletic" as opposed to "spiritual" while still getting the full benefit of Yoga (flexibility, strong core, toned legs & arms) with the various poses :)

Thanks for the warning and the challenge, girlfriend!:D

That is the only one along w/Shred It With Weights I have yet to try. I was looking at previews on Jillian's website and it looks very good. I recognize a lot of the moves from her other w/o's.

I love her yoga workouts...they make me feel powerful and balance!

30 day shred in on youtube: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1 - YouTube
The other levels are on there as well. I did it a few years ago and got somewhat stronger (no weight loss) since I had to increase my weights but I do not care for Jillian and it got boring since it's the same workout for 10 days in a row (or at least that is how I did it-10 days each level). It is a good workout, I used it for about a week earlier this year while waiting on my first cathe dvds to arrive; it's nice it's only 30min but I have to mute it now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.