Jari Revisited

Nancy, I haven't done 1000 in a long time (I find Jari very boring!) but my recollection is that she doesn't do any compound moves -- or not many -- she alternates cardio & weight work almost boot camp style. Maybe you could find clips somewhere if you're interested.

-Beth

I am 100% clutz and Ripped 1000 is very easy with regard to that. I do not mean to say it is an easy workout though! You do, as Beth said, one round of cardio, then one of weights, then another cardio, another weight, etc. Lainie has all of Jari Love's workouts in spreadsheets on her website. I sent her the info for 1000 so for those of you that may have printed out all but that, she has now added it (a couple of months ago). Go here for all of her amazing tools... http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/FitnessFig/Tools.html

Nancy, I haven't done 1000 in a long time (I find Jari very boring!) but my recollection is that she doesn't do any compound moves -- or not many -- she alternates cardio & weight work almost boot camp style. Maybe you could find clips somewhere if you're interested.

-Beth

Hmmm...no you are going to have to make me pull out my copy and look. I thought there were quite a bit fo the compound moves in this one...maybe that GRTTC and I'm getting the two confused.

I have all of Jari's workouts except her first Get Ripped workout. I will say I think that they are all good. I am not pleased with the music on most. I think they are mostly basic moves(nothing new). But I think they are effective. I think if I remember right Ripped to the Core is lots of compound moves. Ripped 1000 (what can I say) does not burn 1000 calories. Not sure where that came from. I try everything and maybe if I did it twice and went all out I could burn 800 or a little more.(I burned 422 trying to keep going on the lulls) Still all in all I think it would be a good fat burner. This is the only one of her workouts that I think is cardiovascular. But, she looks awesome and the workouts are good so I will still continue to buy them. All of them are more endurance based as well.
Ripped 1000 is as follows on moves
cardio
side squat lunge back
cardio
stiff leg deadlift/reverse fly
cardio
pulsing squats/lunges
cardio
push ups
cardio
clean and press/ overhead press
cardio
wide squat/bicep curl
cardio
tricep extension, leg abduction, squat
cardio
chest press, flys
cardio
abs
stretch

well thanks a lot fit44! i'm now 60 bucks more broke b/c i just ordered the slim series. with the advanced rotation you are doing (i think this will be the one i do) do you add additional cardio or do you find that you are getting results but just doing the videos?

well thanks a lot fit44! i'm now 60 bucks more broke b/c i just ordered the slim series. with the advanced rotation you are doing (i think this will be the one i do) do you add additional cardio or do you find that you are getting results but just doing the videos?

The SS does produce a cardio effect. I sweat buckets:)
I add 30 minutes of cardio after Firm it up. For some reason, that one doesn't have the same cardio effect as all the others.
I also do 60 minutes of cardio on Cool it off(stretch) day.

I hope you like them as much as I do! I really like Debbie Siebers. BTW, she is 48 years old!!
Many complain about the music in SS.
I usually do not like the music in any of my workouts, with one exception...Turbo Jam. I like the upbeat hip hop in that those:D

I did the Advanced Jari rotation. For cardio I either added Firm or Cathe's for the leg press aspect. I didn't lose any weight though. I toned and tightened a bit though. Perhaps lost 1/4 of an inch. I did notice more muscle tone especially in the arms and legs.

fit44, so i got and started the slim series yesterday. So far I have done shape it up (monday) and firm it up (this morning) These workouts are intense. I love debbie too. Its nice to have a fresh face in the workout realm. Anyway, i'm doing the advanced rotation and wondering if i should add in more cardio or just do it as is for 4weeks and see where i'm at? My HR does elevate during the workouts and I think i'm just so used to plugging away on the treadmill or elliptical it feels weird no doing it. Do you think there is enough cardio as is with that particular rotation? thanks for recommending the workouts, i really like them!

You can add cardio if you think you need it. I needed extra cardio on Firm it up days for sure. I would jump on my elliptical after Firm it up.

My suggestion would be, try the program as prescribed for the first week to see how your body recovers.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.