Jari Revisited

PhyllisG

Cathlete
A while ago I asked about Jari Love and got so many positive resonses that I bought and traded for 4 of them--skipped the original Get Ripped because I had it and traded it. Well I am really happy with the others. I have been doing them for a few weeks just cycling thru all 4. Haven't had DOMS like this for awhile. Have to admit I had to go lighter than I anticipated but I think that will change as I get more accustomed to the higher reps. So a big Thank You! to everyone who replied.

I just finished the advanced Jari rotation with great results-really helped me slim down. Jari's forum mentioned that she just finished filming some new workouts, but I couldn't find any release dates or anything else about it.

The advanced rotation--is that the one where you use just R1000 an R & C alternating with cardio? I thought about doing that but wanted a chance to try RTTC and S & L also.

I'm going to revisit the advanced rotation during one of my worst months....October for the dreaded Halloween candy!!!

The advanced rotation is a real calorie burner!

Glad to know it went well for you Phyllis:). I really like Jari's workouts. I can't wait for her new releases:D

The advanced rotation uses Ripped 1000 and GRC. I did this and added a cathe leg w/o and cardio coach. I believe there's another rotation that uses Slim and Lean and RTTC.

Fit44- I think I read on this forum that you started the Slim Series after the Jari rotation. If so, how's it going for you? I just purchased this series and was wondering what would be the best rotation.

Happy mom,

I've been doing the SS difficult rotation. It's lower body intense. My legs have been sore for weeks!

Here is the difficult rotation:

Mon- Shape it Up
Tues- Firm it up /Squeeze/ volume 1 cardio coach
Wed- Mix it up
Thursday-Cardio Coach/stretch
Friday-Tone it up
Saturday- Tear it up
Sunday- off

I add squeeze in place of Debbie's pelvic tilts in Firm it up- Squeeze does pelvic tilts with feet on wall. I think they are much more intense.

how many times a week are you ladies doing jari's workout? i have them all but haven't used them yet and wanted to know if i should do them 2 or 3 times per week?

Kariev,

I began rotating all of Jari's ripped series 3 x's a week. I then moved on to the advanced rotation.

Monday- Ripped & Chiseled
Tuesday- Ripped 1000
Wednesday- 60 minutes cardio
Thursday- Ripped & Chiseled
Friday- Ripped 1000
Saturday- 60 minutes cardio.

Here's what an intermediate rotation looks like...

Do RTTC on Mondays
Do S&L on Wednesdays and Fridays
Do cardio 3 times a week on non-Ripped days totaling 30 to 50 minutes

Cynthia, that advance rotation looks like a killer! I can't lift overhead or do pushups anymore - years of overuse in shoulders - so I'd have to modify the chest/shoulder stuff - but still - looks like the thing to do after RCR!

icumom,

It is a killer rotation! I used it for summer prep. It helped me shed my winter pounds quickly;)

i thought muscles needed at least 24hrs between workouts to recover???? in the advanced rotation they are being worked just about everyday. don't you feel overtrained or risk overtraining doing this?

I have been doing Jari's workouts 3X a week but alternating with cardio. Also since I hadn't really done any of these I alternated all 4. I am afraid I would get too bored just doing 2 of them over and over. That said I am liking them! First time thru OK. Second time thru much better. But as I said I had to go lighter--at least the first time. The second time I could go heavier on some but not all. Also I like Jari. What bothered me in GR was that little inspirational speech at the end about your family and taking care of yourself etc. Drove me nuts after hearing it just too many times. I traded that one long ago and I don't think I will be getting it back. Looking forward to any new ones coming from Jari.

Happy mom,

I've been doing the SS difficult rotation. It's lower body intense. My legs have been sore for weeks!

Here is the difficult rotation:

Mon- Shape it Up
Tues- Firm it up /Squeeze/ volume 1 cardio coach
Wed- Mix it up
Thursday-Cardio Coach/stretch
Friday-Tone it up
Saturday- Tear it up
Sunday- off

I add squeeze in place of Debbie's pelvic tilts in Firm it up- Squeeze does pelvic tilts with feet on wall. I think they are much more intense.

What is SS and where do i find it?
Thanks

I've just discovered Jari, and I really really love her workouts!! I am disappointed that its taken me sooooo long to find her. But I guess thats because Cathe is so good, and Im very happy with her.

Thanks Fit44 for posting that advanced rotation. I was wondering if it was O.K. to do two ripps in a row.

I'm hoping her new DVD is similar to Ripped 1000. I can't find any info when the new ones are going to be released (I can't wait)

SS is the slim in 6 series from www.beachbody.com

No, I was referring to Slim Series.:) It came out after Slim in 6 and it's the next level up. Slim in 6 is more beginner- low intermediate. Slim Series is intermedidate- low advanced.

You can get the entire series from Beach Body. I had Slim in 6 a long time ago, but sent it back. It was just too easy.

sorry for the misinformation fit44. i was wondering if you are challenged by the slim series. i was thinking about buying it but not sure if it would be challenging enough. is it comparable to jari?

sorry for the misinformation fit44. i was wondering if you are challenged by the slim series. i was thinking about buying it but not sure if it would be challenging enough. is it comparable to jari?

Oh no problem! Both Slim Series look the same. In fact, Slim Series has Slim in 6 logo on it. It's very confusing.

Slim Series is very challenging for me because I'm using the "difficult rotation" (I posted above). If I rotated them every other day, I would think they were too easy.
Slim Series is similar to Jari's in that they are low weight, high rep. Jari's upper body is more intense.
I'm using Slim Series in Freestyle training fashion (working lower body 6 days a week). Freestyle is working your lower body similar to a dancer or gymnist would. Everyday to 70%, so I'm not using body weight or 10lb weights for my lower body.
It sounds easy to go low weight, but when you work the same muscle group everyday, it's challenging!
I've been noticing more definition in my quads. I eased into the Freestyle with Jari.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this. I have Get Ripped and Slim 'n Lean and they are both mainly weight training DVDs, although Jari seems to think they incorporate some cardio. I like them both. After that, didn't Jari get into even more of a combination of weight training and cardio at the same time, a la the old Firm workouts? I was afraid of Ripped to the Core because combination moves done quickly cause me to lose my form and get myself injured. So even though I have it, I've never tried it. Then Ripped 1000 came out and I didn't even buy it. Am I assuming correctly that a klutz like me should steer clear of Ripped to the Core and Ripped 1000 to avoid injury? I can only imagine what Jari must do to burn those "1000 calories"! :eek: Just curious as to what those in the know think.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.