Janie1234!!!!!!!! :)

Not Janie, obviously, but that looks like loads of fun - all except for the swim part. I can't swim very well and I would probably drown! I wish they had a tag team event, so I could skip that part and hand it off to a better swimmer! Hope you get to do it!

Trisha,

If you look at the registration information, you'll see that there are 2 and 3 man relay options. Almost ALL tri's have relays available.

No excuses!!! :)

Go for it you guys!!!!!!! Triathlon is the GREATEST sport - so much fun.

Hi Travis, Mspina, and Tricia!!!
Travis, . . this was actually the event I was thinking of doing. There was no way I could raise the money for the Team in Training mini Tri in Monterey. I even attended a Team in Training seminar. The cost for this one is affordable.
It is right in my neck of the woods in Napa county. I scouted out the bike portion kinda hilly but doable. The run is hilly too, . . but from your posts and your 7 + mile run the other day you would smoke me!! Girl you are so my inspiration!! The lake water is cold but at least it is not in an ocean. No sharks! :)
I've still been scouting out for swimming lessons too! :eek: Right now because it is summer the cost is high since all the kids are taking lessons. I'm hoping by winter I can join the Napa Valley Swim Team for lessons. I've really gotta get over the fear of drowing.
I think that this is a very good goal to aim for. Yikes, . . .I'm shaking in my $2.00 Target flip flops!!
Travis, Tricia, . . .lets make it a goal to learn how to swim by the end of the year. Mspina keep cheering us on! It helps.
Hugs to you all!

Well then I consider that an affirmative answer :) I'll try to get into some swimming lessons this winter too and will put this on my "to be done in 2011 calendar"

Before October I have every intention of making it down to the bay area to run in a 10K or better so I'll let you know when I do and maybe we can get together :D

Hugs Janie!!

I guess I should have looked a little closer, but I was reading early in the morning during my 1st cup of Joe and wasn't quite awake yet!

If DH gets a job, I can hook up some swim lessons this year!

Well then I consider that an affirmative answer :) I'll try to get into some swimming lessons this winter too and will put this on my "to be done in 2011 calendar"

Before October I have every intention of making it down to the bay area to run in a 10K or better so I'll let you know when I do and maybe we can get together :D

Hugs Janie!!

That would be wonderful Travis!!! Girl you absolutely AMAZE and INSPIRE me!! Seriously, your sucess story is one that I talk about ALL THE TIME!!! How many races have you done so far? You've got me committed. I'm going to go on a STS rotation starting Monday and I'm starting my training, . . including the swiming. This all works out perfectly since my kids start camp on Monday which gives me more free time.
Travis thanks so much for lighting that fire under me and keeping me inspired!!! Hugs to you. Here is to 20111!!

I guess I should have looked a little closer, but I was reading early in the morning during my 1st cup of Joe and wasn't quite awake yet!

If DH gets a job, I can hook up some swim lessons this year!

Hey Tricia. I know this economy still really sucks and right now I'm just happy my husband still has a job. Hang in there. Anyhow you've got the running thing down. When you get to learn swimming you'll pick it up quick.

You go girls!

I'm hoping 2011 is the year! I need some good news! My STS rotation doesn't start again until fall, but I'm excited about some tabata training I'm going to include as cardio in my rotation!

You go girls!

I'm hoping 2011 is the year! I need some good news! My STS rotation doesn't start again until fall, but I'm excited about some tabata training I'm going to include as cardio in my rotation!

Okay Tricia, . . what is Tabata? Am I going to be enabled again? :)
By the way, . .I LOVE my Land Rollers! :)

I have yet to get out on mine this year, Janie! They are awesome, though! I'm glad you are loving them!

Tabata is a high intensity training method that uses either bodyweight exercises or exercises with DBs or KBs or whatever you have. You work each exercise for 20 secs. of maximum effort with a 10 sec. rest x 8 sets. A true tabata workout would utilize one exercise for 8 sets. One website I'm using for ideas is www.myomytv.com. The best thing is it doesn't cost anything!

I think my body has had enough of long steady state cardio, so I'm going to try this!

Okay Tricia, . . what is Tabata? Am I going to be enabled again? :)
By the way, . .I LOVE my Land Rollers! :)

That would be wonderful Travis!!! Girl you absolutely AMAZE and INSPIRE me!! Seriously, your sucess story is one that I talk about ALL THE TIME!!! How many races have you done so far? You've got me committed. I'm going to go on a STS rotation starting Monday and I'm starting my training, . . including the swiming. This all works out perfectly since my kids start camp on Monday which gives me more free time.
Travis thanks so much for lighting that fire under me and keeping me inspired!!! Hugs to you. Here is to 20111!!

So far I've only run one 5K, but I'm running a 10K this Sunday and then another 5K next month, and a 10K in September and then the 1/2 marathon in October. I'm looking for something to run locally in November and December just to keep me focused. I love it so much. I started my "run wish list" for 2011 and am searching out my options. After all the running this year locally I want to branch out to California and Washington next year and see what I can do :) (I already put the tri down for October!!) I am really addicted :eek: . . . I suppose there are worse things :D

I plan to get back on the STS rotation -- I'm hopeful I can start it Monday too (that would be good timing since I'll know you're doing it too!!) -- and then swimming will be the next thing to tackle.

We will keep each other inspired Janie!!

I'm excited!

So far I've only run one 5K, but I'm running a 10K this Sunday and then another 5K next month, and a 10K in September and then the 1/2 marathon in October. I'm looking for something to run locally in November and December just to keep me focused. I love it so much. I started my "run wish list" for 2011 and am searching out my options. After all the running this year locally I want to branch out to California and Washington next year and see what I can do :) (I already put the tri down for October!!) I am really addicted :eek: . . . I suppose there are worse things :D

I plan to get back on the STS rotation -- I'm hopeful I can start it Monday too (that would be good timing since I'll know you're doing it too!!) -- and then swimming will be the next thing to tackle.

We will keep each other inspired Janie!!

I'm excited!

Holy Moly Travis!! That is a whole lotta racing!! I get intimidated by the crowds and the super athletes. The only races I've done have been for fun. I did the Bay to Breakers 4 years in a row while in college but that was more for fun and that was about 10 years ago. :) I guess marathons are like chips "you just can't have one." :) I'd love to hear how your 10k goes this Sunday!

Holy Moly Travis!! That is a whole lotta racing!! I get intimidated by the crowds and the super athletes. The only races I've done have been for fun. I did the Bay to Breakers 4 years in a row while in college but that was more for fun and that was about 10 years ago. :) I guess marathons are like chips "you just can't have one." :) I'd love to hear how your 10k goes this Sunday!

I think that's something I love about running . . . . that super athletes run right along side us non-super athletes :) they inspire me --

I remember the Bay to Breakers! I was far from a runner when I lived in the bay area so I never even considered doing such a thing -- I plan to make up for that now :D

I'll be back tomorrow!!

You are just amazing Travis!

Fly like the wind tomorrow! I was thinking your run was today and I missed it! Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.