Jan Rotation substitutions

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Hey, Ladies, I hope I'm not out of line here, but I have a suggestion for those who dont have STS Strength but want to do this rotation. I'm subbing STS Strength workouts with other ones I already have. It probably won't always line up perfectly, but it's something to think about.

Like Meso 1 is endurance type work (think Muscle Endurance), Meso 2 is definition and muscle building and Meso 3 is Strength - I think I got that right. Read the info the STS workout page and on the workouts you already have and substitute.

Good luck

I'm doing the same thing since I don't have STS. My goal through January is to do the GS workouts and increase the weight amounts each week.

Thank you both for using these suggestions. Some of us don't want to purchase STS but would like to use what we have....leigh:)

I'm in the same boat...I plan on purchasing shock cardio in a week or two since I'm about to go into labor any day now and want to start this rotation ASAP. However, I contemplated buying STS also but it would be too much at once. I completed P90x last year and got good results from it however, I'd rather stick with Cathe - she's just so much more user friendly, haha.

As mentioned above, Meso 1 focuses on endurance so perhaps we could sub muscle endurance? I don't know if doing this for 4 weeks 3x/week would produce the same results though...thoughts??

Meso 2, which focuses on definition and building, I was thinking of maybe Pyramids or the Gym Style series?

Meso 3, which focuses on strenth, I was thinking sub in Slow & Heavy?

Suggestions more than welcome....hope I can figure this out :p Thanks!
~Tammi~

Last edited:
These are great suggestions, I just really wish I could affort STS. One day I will. I want to own all of Cathe's stuff. Like now, she has some of her dvd's on 'sale'. I'm contemplating getting KPC/Legs/glutes because it's 30 % off.

Hmmmmmmm......

I hear ya! Spending close to $500 on both the sets at once would NOT make my husband a happy camper, haha! But grab KPC if you can - it's always been a favorite of mine and so much fun!!

I think I am remember sometime a bit before STS was finished that a few Catheites created an "STS" rotation using current Cathe workouts.

Try doing a search - I believe they took the types of workouts (like a couple of you mentioned) and created a rotation from those.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.