I've lost over 80lbs

RE: Welcome to the Wonderful World of Cathe!

I just left your site Tamikka and although the others have already said it, "You look wonderful!" Your story really touched me as well, it isn't easy finding what "works" for each of us, but hearing stories from those who find their way make it seem real and possible.
Thank you for letting us in your world! :)

Donna

You are all so motivating!

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone. (I'll have to share the good stuff with my honey, too:D )

Donna, You are such a celebrity around here. Your determination speaks so much of your character. You have set yourself apart from most other human beings. You have conquered the mountain!

Thanks again,
Tamikka

Update

Just wanted to share: I am now less than 5 pounds away from my goal. I have definitely been aided by Cathe's workouts and the information that I get from you all.

Thank you!
Tamikka

RE: Update

Tamikka,

Some how I missed your original post. I went to your website and you look awesome - very inspiring! Congratulations on getting closer to your goal!

Keep us updated on your results - they are motivating!

Margie

Welcome to the forum!! You look WONDERFUL!!!!! Way to go, girl!! Keep up the great work!!!

Carol
:) :) :) :) :)

Hi Tamikka!

I just spent ten amazed minutes enjoying your web page, and I HAVE to tell you - YOU LOOK SENSATIONAL and YOU ARE SENSATIONAL!!!! I love your attitude, your commitment, and all the self-love your approach to weight loss and total health shows! You rock, pretty girl!!!

So glad to have you with us -- "speak" up and tell us which Cathe workouts you're enjoying!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

RE: Hi Tamikka!

Tamikka! You look radiant, vibrant, healthy and oh so beautiful! Wow! Love your web page. It's in my favorites file to refer to when I need that little bit of encouragement. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Take care!

You look wonderful and your story is very inspirational! I am on WW online I started last July. I have lost 52 lbs. so far (20 pre-WW and 32 on WW). I have exercised pretty intensely from the beginning but just started Cathe workouts at Christmas (presents to myself) and I have seen amazing results too.

Your story was so encouraging. I still have 52 more lbs. to go, so it helps to see people who have made it! :)

WOW!!!!! You must feel sooo good about what you've accomplished! Thanks so much for letting us see your incredible success. It's inspiring!

Heidi

Congratulations Tamika. You are one stunningly beautiful woman. I like your hair at the current shoulder length, it softens your face, very flattering. You have a megawatt smile!

Clare

Mikkame,

I am a new member to this site and cathe and just like you I am definitely overweight and trying to do something about it. Of course, I have tried everything from the high protein diet, excersing, and trying to eat "right" with NO success. Needless to say I hate the way I look and feel. I am 5'6" african american, married with 2 boys, ages 9 and 3. A lot of the weight is from non activity of course, and I like to blame it on having babies of course. I have always like doing aerobics and step aerobics. I first say Cathe on fit TV and really liked her style. I then researched her on collagevideo.com and now her own website. I have never really been a big fan of Gym's. I am very content with working out at home with videos, and even recently started walking about 3 miles per day with my girlfriend across the street. We actually push each other in that aspect. I recently ordered cathe's cardio hits, and interval max. I haven't quite mastered any of the routine's yet because I try to walk with my girlfriend most of the time. My husband has a rotating work schedule and I try to take advantage of our walks when he's on days. I am probably about 230 lbs. I haven't been on a scale in a while. I know I'm at least that. I would give anything to loose 80 lbs. Here's my thing, I don't have the time to attend meetings, but I know this is something I can do. I absolutely LOVE doing aerobics and step aerobics, my problem is eating, diet, food intake. I am not a big breakfast eater, althought I kind of like protein bars and can even do a protein shake. I recently started drinking nothing but water all day everyday. If I'm not drinking water, I don't drink anything. I have truly tried to turn a lot of things around for me with no success. Like I said earlier, I can't make weekly meetings with my two boys(excuses,excuses) and my husband's rotating schedule, I have gone to your website and saw your great pictures. Not realizing that weight watchers could be done on line, what do you think about it???????? I am truly in a motivating state and I desperate to lose this weight. Any communication with you would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry this is all over the place, but I wanted to make sure I said all I needed to say.

Thanks in advance,

Nadine

Anyone else wanting to reply, please do so. I will listen to all advice.

Oh well, I guess a reply to me from anybody wasn't warranted.

Better luck next time to me.

Peace!!! and Exercise!!!

Hi,

Sorry you didn't get any replies, probably because no one saw your post. (I don't think the success story board get frequented as much as some of the others.) Try posting again on the open discussion forum and I bet you'd get a lot more replies. It sounds like you are taking the beginning steps to losing weight...that's wonderful. Keep it up, and again try posting on the open forum...you'll be sure to get a lot of good advice over there.

Good luck to you!

Nadine,

I just saw your post.

Wow, there is so much that you can do. First off, if you believe that you can do it, you will do it. I believe so much in my own success that I may get frustrated, but I NEVER give up.

Secondly, start slowly. Make small changes that you can live with like eating a light breakfast. This will set you up for better eating throughout the day. You said that you can do a protein shake or bar, that is a good start. Add a piece of fruit and you have a well-rounded mini-meal.

Set a specific goal (i.e. I will work out 3 days this week for 30 minutes at a time.) When you achieve your goal, reward yourself. Setting goals has been so important to my success. Without a goal, you end up wandering in the dark.

Look for opportunities to get more activities in. If you can take your boys to the park, don't just sit and watch, move around with them. You mentioned that your husband has a rotating schedule, maybe you can set up a rotating workout schedule that coincides with his schedule.

Don't look for excuses, look for opportunities to make changes that will allow you to achieve your goals. I don't allow myself excuses. There is almost always a way around

I work out when I can: morning, afternoon and/night. I plan my meals in advance whenever possible. I set myself up to succeed, not to fail.

Good luck!
Tamikka

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.