I've been benched

firemedic

Cathlete
I recently injured my lower back so I've been ordered not to do anything for at least a week to allow healing. This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, the only positive thing I can say is that I've been enjoying the olympics. Even though I'm from the US, I have to also chear on Sweden since that's where my grandparents are from and still have relatives that are there. Not beening able to workout, I've been getting my aggressions out by yelling at the tv when something goes wrong with my teams. My husband now thinks I'm crazy so he cannot wait for me to get better. But I'm happy for everyone in all the countries in the olympics and have enjoyed watching everyone. Hope everyone in the SE US is okay with the bad storm I've been hearing about.

Kim

I am so sorry too hear that you are injured. I so understand the frustration...i broke my shoulder two years ago and had to sit and sleep In a recliner for 2 MONTHs! Anyway, in retrospect, I wish I had just enjoyed my time off more and really relished it and enjoyed insofar as I could instead of pouted and felt sorry for myself! Looking back, I see that it was a good time for me to read, watch movies, have people wait on me:p and hang out with dog and generally just chill!

I am watching the olympics too! I love to see the athletic prowess and unity. Plus....the commercials, they make me cry:eek:

I hope your back gets better soon. Do NOT rush it. Its the only back you have!

Kim---Try to think long-term. You're taking one week off. It's only a week. If you didn't respect your injury, you might end up not being to workout for several weeks or longer.

In the mean, try to ENJOY the rest time. I had been sidelined before with injuries and understand the frustration.

Thanks everyone for your support. I know how long recovery takes because I had a rotator cuff repair 3 yrs ago and couldn't use my left arm for a month then minimally for another 6 wks after the sling came off. That sucked esp. since I'm left handed. My husband had to help feed me for the first few days till I got the hang of using my right hand with a fork. I will take it easy because I don't want back pain for the rest of my life. So in the mean time, I'm still watching olympics and spending more time with my dogs since they won't leave my side.

Wish you a speedy recovery ;-)

Hi Kim,

I am sorry to hear you are injured.

Wish you a very prompt recovery all the way from Europe UK ;). Take it easy and enjoy the olympics.

kind Regards,

Sorry to hear about your injury. Wishing you a speedy recovery & that you continue to enjoy your time off & the Olympics.

It's so strange lying around all day, other than taking my dogs out back once in a while. I'm finding my back is feeling better but my shoulders and neck are getting stiffer and find I'm now getting headaches from that. I know it's from not moving around as much and from not working out. It's killing me, I hate it. But I have now been enjoying the hockey, esp. the mens hockey. But I hate feeling like this but I know it's needed. Thanks again for all the support and sorry for sounding like a cry baby. At least we finally have cooler weather here in SW FL so I could finally turn my a/c off, but it's only suppose to last 4-5 days. I guess I'll take what I can get of the cool weather.

You want cool weather? Come visit me in the northeast! We just had yet another storm. This one dumped about 18 inches of snow.....forecast for maybe 2-4 more inches tonight with more in a couple of days. It's a nuisance for sure but makes for some sweet skiing!!! Trying to stay positive here.

I did Rockout Knockout this morning and beat the crap out of my bag.....good for all the frustrations.

Hope your back is getting better! Love to the pups!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.