It has been years

Welcome back, Bobbi!

I don't post a lot anymore (I was mostly a lurker to begin with!) but I do remember you from the "old days." I'm sorry to hear what you've been going through, but glad that you are back.

Beginnings

I am definitely a beginner and keep telling myself to forget having been advanced and able to go high impact. No more. I did Basic Step, easy as pie at six inches. When I go to 8 next time, I hope my knees cooperate. I have 3 of the low impact, high intensity workouts and they scare me so! All in good time. It is so nice, so familiar to work out with Cathe, whom I think is the greatest instructor in the business. Her sage words of encouragement,her perfect cuing. Being a beginner, I don't love but it will not always be so and if I can have the intensity, I can live without the impact. Losing running broke my heart but hearts mend. What happened with my husband left me helpless and I learned how little control I actually have over anyone but myself. That being so I am going to become an older, creakier advanced low impact goddess with great muscle tone. I am on my way. Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement. That's what I loved about these forums and it's lovely to be back. My husband's struggle which he lost was the most difficult thing I ever faced and knowing that I survived that, I know I can take on working out and adjusting to my limitations. I am stronger than I ever knew and this is a very good direction in which I go.

Bobbi, it's been a long time since I've been a regular on this forum. I read your story and just want to say what an amazing woman you are!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.