Isn't it GREAT TO BE 40and OVER? 4/13-4/19

idream

Cathlete
Hi Thought I'd better start this thread off for the week.

Where is everyone?

last week I spent most of the week posting to myself!!

I'm lonley, come back everyone.

Howdy,

I'm here Andrea. Last week, as usual, I was sick. I actually took time off from work I was so sick. I am feeling better but still not recovered. I did not work out most of last week and am anxious to get back to it. I have one more week of mesocycle 2 to go and I am thinking of skipping the break between cycle 2 and 3 and counting last week as my recovery week. Any comments?

Murph

I'm here! Time seems to be getting away from me lately! I'm on my recovery week, so I'm doing cardio, yesterday LM, today, KPC. Walked the dog both days, in fact today I ran the last 10 min or so because I had to get home. It felt good, what an endorphin rush, I may start running the dog more often. Hopefully she can keep up, I had to drag her the last bit to the house today.

Andrea, how is the Cal/Mag working for you?

Murphy, I think that sounds like a good plan. I'm starting M3 next week, I'm doing the squat rack version this time. I soooooooooooo wanna do plyo but I DO NOT want to do 2 leg workouts a week (I think I'd die). So I think after I finish this rotation I'll start STS up again M1, M2, then plyo M3.

Hi everyone!! Hope you are having a good day. Haven't been around, with the holiday and such, hopefully I will get back to my regular routinE11 Started Meso 3 yesterday. I really enjoyed it, quite different from the other 2. I will do plyo legs tomorrow., I am going to try and do the other leg one on Sat.'s. We will see. Lisa, I did KPC today also. Lots of fun! Good for you with the running. I am a very bad runner! I find it to be quite painful! Murphy, Hope you are feeling better. I think that sounds like a good plan, but only if you are feeling better! Andrea, Hello! I am sorry you have been lonely! I will try to be better about posting! I thought about you yesterday, my little one LOVED Steve Irwin. He heard a song that reminded him of Steve yesterday, he was balling for about an hour. Well, to make a long story short, it reminded me of Australia, which reminded me of you! I was just flipping thru the shock cardio forum and saw your posts, I totally agree with you. I will buy whatever Cathe does and does she really want my input? Anyway, Have a good night all. Hi to all that follow. Mary

Hi girls.

Mary - I am so surprised at how popular Steve Irwin was. Kids loved him. I always thought, "this man is an accident waiting to happen" sounds awful I know, but he "played" with crocodiles!!

Murphy - I can't believe you are sick again. You need to go and get your self a full service and check up. Plus, take spirulina, colestrum, fish oil, flax seed meal, and grape seed extract. Spirulina is a very very good "whole food" full of good things for your body.

Lisa - I think my sleeping has improved! I no longer "need" the nanna nap as much during the day. Plus, I can sleep without assistance which is excellent!

I've allowed my cardio fitness to go to the wasteland. I tired Imax (origibal) today and could only get through 8 intervals and the last two intervals were a struggle. So, I'm challenging myself to get the cardio fitness back up. This is what happens when I focus mainly on weight training with the minimal cardio. NO MORE!!

Thanks for joining me girls. I was feeling very lonley and was wondering if it was something I said?

Hi all,

Glad to see so many people posting. Oh, and thanks for the input on the STS. Speaking of STS, I did not realize that legs was twice/week in meso 3. I need lots of work in that area so I will probably do the plyo legs. I had planned to do the squat rack but may just do it later, the 3 1/2 month program. I am looking forward to meso 3. I think the constant cold and constant sickness is making me blue.

Andrea - funny, I just started taking some of the things you suggested. See, we are "cathe-connected" (eerie music playing in the background).

Murph

I need a favor of you all. I offered to make my boss a fabric bowl for her to put her samples in at the gym. Well, I specifically asked her what colors she wanted. I didn't get that. So my question to you guys is, what colors are considered "jazzy and edgy? with a modern look "?? I'm thinking black and ? any ideas?

attached are example pics of a fabric bowl.

Now off to workout since this decision is in yall's capable hands! :p I had plans for CF, but I'm running so late, so I'm reevaluating.......

Attachments

• P4150001.jpg
    P4150001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 11
  • P4150002.jpg
    P4150002.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 7
Quick check-in...

I'm back from the cruise -- no pirates in the Caribbean because they're all off the coast of Africa!

But seriously, the cruise was fun and a much-needed break, but now I'm so behind at work, I brought home a ton of laundry, and oh -- is it April 15th already? Better start on those taxes!

I'll come back and read what I missed later, but wanted to say "hi" to everybody!

I need a favor of you all. I offered to make my boss a fabric bowl for her to put her samples in at the gym. Well, I specifically asked her what colors she wanted. I didn't get that. So my question to you guys is, what colors are considered "jazzy and edgy? with a modern look "?? I'm thinking black and ? any ideas?

attached are example pics of a fabric bowl.

Now off to workout since this decision is in yall's capable hands! :p I had plans for CF, but I'm running so late, so I'm reevaluating.......

Lisa, I wish I could help you, but nobody has ever accused me of being "jazzy and edgy!" In fact, I had to hire somebody to decorate the house because I'm so hopeless at it! Maybe it's not so much a color thing as a pattern thing? I wish I could be more helpful!

Murphy, I am so sorry for you! Is it respiratory again? Honey is supposed to help fight off those germs. Have you tried eating more yogurt (or taking supplements)? And last of all (try not to laugh): Are you getting enough sleep? (I already know the answer to that one!)

I can really sympathize because I'm easily catch all sorts of respiratory ailments and can't get rid of them. Hang in there.

Oops, the boss is coming; have to go! Bye!

Lisa - I have no artistic vision so I am no help either. I think you cannot lose with black. My personal favorites are red and orange.

Kathryn - Sleep? What is that? I think that is why I am sick all the time, stress and lack of adequate sleep. I am hoping that DH will take the kids out with the upcoming nice weather and allow me to get some rest.

Lisa- Jazzy and edgy. That would simply be, a plain color. White, grey, steel greys, and black. Can you make those bowls in different sizes? You put two or three together, one medium size and one large one. What colors are the gym?

Hi all! Just a quick hello! I did the squat rack legs with my weighted vest, still on the fence, will do plyo legs on Sat. then I'll decide Lisa, looked at the bowls, they are cute,what color is the area that they will be displayed? Maybe play off those colors? Murphy, better yet? You have had it rough lately! Kathryn, hope you had a great time time on the cruise! Disney is next! What dates will you be there? Well, shower time, for the kids. Talk to ya tomorrow! Mary

Mary, I will be at Disney May 24-29th. I forgot your dates, but I think you are there the week earlier. Are you staying on-property? We'll be at the Boardwalk Villas but usually stay at Beach Club Villas (we love the pool).

I love going to Disney -- it's such a great way to end the school year and we always have such a good time.

Girls, I just found out that my 30th (did I really say that?) high school reunion is this summer, so now the pressure is really on. If I wasn't motivated to eat clean and work hard before, this will be the incentive I need. Now if I can only keep the hormone fat from taking over... it really is so hard when you get over 40!

Well, off to bed to get some sleep (hint, hint, Murphy). DH and DD are both sick with some nasty respiratory infection, so I need all the help I can get. (Keep your fingers crossed for me!)

Good night, all!

Hi guys.
Quick Vacation story.

Kathyrn, a friend of mine has just got back from a cruise on the Queen Mary (i think) a Cunard ship anyway. She has spent two weeks in hospital in Singapore suffering from a "superbug". She caught the "Cunard Cough" from the ship, apparently, everyone on the ship has this cough, and she then had a UTI. From there it was all down hill. She had a hell of a time! Shes just returned to Australia and swears she will never travel by ship ever again (even though its her favoured mode of transport).

I am soooo envious of Mary and Kathryn going to Disney Land!! MY childs would love it. I'm sure I'd love it too.

Murph - how are you? Glad to hear you have started to take some of the power foods and vitamins. What are you taking?

Lisa - What did you decide about the bowls?

Mary - Why are you sitting on the fence?

Last edited:
Andrea, my parents sailed on the Queen Mary (last year, I think) and my mother got really sick with something too! It's supposed to be a beautiful ship (and very expensive), but she didn't have a very good time.

I was lucky to be sick only one day, but mine was from eating something that just didn't work for me. After that, I was very careful about what I ate (nothing too greasy, heavy, sweet) and I was okay after that. As a result, I didn't gain any weight on the trip (but DH gained 5 lbs!)

It's tough when you're sick at sea -- you're stuck on the ship and it keeps rocking and rocking... but it's a lot of fun if you manage to stay healthy!

Your girls certainly would love DisneyWorld (in Florida; DisneyLand is in California)! I was in my 20s the first time I went there and wished that I had been as a child! It's so beautiful and well-maintained. Maybe someday you'll get to the States and go visit Mickey and Minnie!

How is your back, by the way? I saw on last week's thread that you had injured it.

Well, off to feed the sick child who isn't going to school today.

Oh, and I did the 4DS kickbox only and 20 minutes of abs from CoreMax. And today, I am SoreMax!

Good morning ladies!

I spent yesterday pulling out lots of fabric and had my neighbor come over to tell my what jazzy and edgy are. Seems everyone's interpretation is different! I did come up with about 3 different ideas. I may just make 3 different bowls and let her decide what she wants.

Option 1 (I'm almost done with this one): A jazzy looking swirly print with purple, black, rusty red, and I'll applique a bright purple w/ black polka dots in the middle. The bottom of the bowl will be a white/black zippy print.

Option 2: a Mostly black w/ some white geometric print cut into triangles and alternated with red batik triangles in a smallish triangluar bowl

Option 3: a White/black zippy print (same one from option 1), with brights (blue/aqua--like water, limeish green, bright red, bright yellow with red polka dots, orange red swirly with yellow. Using these prints, I'll make a bigger triangular bowl alternating the white/black triangles with bright color triangles.

So, I know I'll get done with Option 1 this weekend hopefully, then I'll definitely do Option 2, then I'll see how I feel and decide if I'll do Option 3. I'll posts pics whenever I finally get done!

Now to exercise---I never got to CF yesterday (I rode on the spin bike) so I'll do it today. I'm soooooooo ready to start Meso 3.

Andrea, my sleeping has been eh, these last 3 nights. DH is gone, maybe I miss my bed buddy? This happened last time he left for business too.

Kathryn, sounds like you had a great cruise. I've only been on one when I was 18 (27 yrs ago)....oh, I got soooo sick, sea sick. That was before those wonderful ear patches. One day DH and I want to cruise to Alaska(or should I say I want to, he just always goes along with what I say---such a sweetie, seems I always get my way :cool::p).

Murphy, sending healing vibes your way!

Beccie2012, welcome to the group!

Ronne, are you back yet?

Mary, I'm really going to try to lift super heavy in Meso 3......hope I don't end up killing myself! :p

Time to get going before the day gets away from me again! I've been up since 3 and here it is 7 and I still haven't gotten a thing done!

Forgot to say, I used my 20% discount on shopcathe.com! I finally got an official high step, the 2lb weighted gloves, and the 3 different stretch bands. I'm not getting a weight vest since I can link together all my ankle and wrist weights and get to 10 lbs. I was linking around my waist but I think I may try so that it links around each arm and links in the back and then I'll use a string or a velcro strip to hold it together in the front once it's on. That's my plan, not sure how it will work, I'm sure I'll look funny!

Kathryn, sounds like you had a great cruise. I've only been on one when I was 18 (27 yrs ago)....oh, I got soooo sick, sea sick. That was before those wonderful ear patches. One day DH and I want to cruise to Alaska(or should I say I want to, he just always goes along with what I say---such a sweetie, seems I always get my way :cool::p).

Lisa, I saw lots of people with those behind-the-ear (scopolamine) patches. And ships are so much bigger and more stable -- you probably wouldn't have any trouble now.

I've been on probably 8 cruises since 1993 (and three different cruise lines). I really like Royal Caribbean (despite the name, they do go to Alaska). I like their ships (especially the newer, larger ones), their entertainment is good, and the food and service is very good. We were on Carnival for this last cruise. It's not my favorite, but it was free so we went anyway.

I've heard that the Alaska cruises are wonderful (we've only done Caribbean). So don't fear cruises!

Well, back to work. Bye!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.