Is BFFM *really* worth it?

PennStater

Cathlete
Realistically, I will never completely give up baked goods, but I have been exercising more restraint in limiting my intake of the sweet ones!

Knowing this one simple fact, is this book helpful for a person like me? Is the info in it really that much different than what you read everywhere else?

I know many of you have the book, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Allison

I have it. All printed out in chapters in a binder. Never read it though. Well parts of it I did.
How about you Shelley? Did you read it?

I am curious about this too. I read NROLFW, is BFFM a lot different from that? I probably would have it already if it was a regular book but have a hard time justifying paying for an ebook.

I thought it was a lot of $$ too but it really has a lot of information. It's over 300 pages and I have mine in a looseleaf binder. I found it to be very helpful. He writes in a very straightforward manner that's easy to understand. There's a load of information. Lots about diet - what to eat at what meals, how to figure out the amount of calories you should eat daily depending on how active you are, 12 best and worst foods, when to do cardio, protein requirements, zigzagging your calories, proper levels of bodyfat (and how low you should go), body type characteristics and what exercises and diet to do for each body type, etc. Any time I get off track, I always find myself referring to it.

Marcy

I think it's a great resource and worth the money. However, I just read in his blog that he is planning on putting out a hard-cover book at the end of the year, if I remember correctly. So, if the e-book turns you off, you might want to keep your eye out for the one he is currently working on to come out.

You can read a bit more about it on the website at http://www.burnthefat.com/. Of course, the website is more hype for the book than an actual synopsis of it.

I was a little leery of paying so much for an e-book, too, but I think that it's great! In my opinion, NROL4W focuses much more on weight lifting, whereas BFFM covers that info, but goes into much more depth about diet. He also talks a lot about the importance of maintaining your muscle while losing weight, and gives many strategies for how to do so.

I would recommend it! :)

I read it and I think it honestly changed my life. Between that and also reading Tosca Reno's clean eating book, I lost 25 pounds at age 50 and am in better shape than ever.

It is expensive, but I do think BFFM is worth it and that it's unique.

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing, and you'll hit it every time!

Depends on what your knowledge base is to begin with. If you do not know a lot about clean eating, zig zagging calories, what carbs to eat when eating smaller meals more often ect it is a good buy. I also liked that it was straight forward with no buy this supplement/protein powder sort of junk. It is a good book of solid information. However it does not contain any information that it new or not already published some place else.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.