Is a step necessary?

Elena

Hi! I'm new to Cathe's videos and would like to get one of the Pure Strength series. I cannot afford to buy a step at the moment. Is it absolutely necessary to have one in order to do one of these videos? Thanks for your suggestions!

Depends...

...on which tape you are using. Strong Legs uses mainly barbels and dumbells, Back & Biceps uses a bench/step for balance (chair would work). Chest does use a step, tho I use a bench for some of the cycles. Probably would be best to preview all the tapes and decide for yourself. I feel like I fake it sometimes, because I do not have exactly what is shown on the tapes. Still a good workout, though!

steps

Hi Elena! I am not currently using the PS Series, but I can offer a couple suggestions for the step. My first suggestion is to go to Sam's Club if you have one nearby. I was there last week and they have the EXACT one that Cathe uses in MIS/MIC, etc. for only $19.99!!! WOW! If you know someone handy with tools, the step I used for 10 years was made of plywood with a piece of carpet nailed to the top. Actually it worked super and I liked it better than the step I use now(the one Cathe uses in her MIS/MIC)because it was very sturdy and very quiet, although I couldn't change the height, and it wasn't quite long enough. Hope that helps.

piano bench?

If you are not too tall, a piano bench works nicely if you have one. Of course, you can't change the incline for the bench presses! If you do the bench exercises on the floor it limits your range of motion somewhat but you can still get a good workout. I haven't done a PS rotation since December so I am trying to remember what all the bench exercises are!! :0

Thanks!

Thanks for all your suggestions! It sounds like "Back and Biceps" would be my best bet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.