Ipod or Portable harddrive for downloads?

DebD

Cathlete
I ordered the downloads, and would like to know my best options.

I want to view my downloads on my TV, maintain the quality & easily
hookup to my TV:

Would you suggest an Ipod (how much space do I need) or a portable external harddrive? or another option?

Also will an ipod hold additional downloads I may want to purchase?

Thanks,

I just posted about an iPod Touch app that will run your movies (downloads) from your computer to your iPod without taking up space on your iPod touch. I believe it only works for iTouch or iPhone, but I am running over 100 gigs of movies through my iPod without using any of the disk space. This is just a suggestion.

You have so many options:
a. Apple TV - The disadvantage is that you cant "take" Cathe with you to say the gym. But if you are sure you only want to workout at home, this is an option. Also, I am not sure if Cathe's Workout Blender is supported on Apple TV.

b. You can directly hook your computer or laptop to your TV using the appropriate cable for your computer and TV. New models (if both TV and computer are new) will need a HDMI cable. For older models it depends on the "ports" your equipment has. It is relatively simple to figure this out. See what IN cables your TV has and what OUT ports your computer manual says it has, and google for a cable that will connect the two. Or take along your laptop model number and tv model information and ask the friendly assistant at Circuit City or Frys. ;) Advantage - Workout Blender will work and is relatively cheap.

c. You can get a streaming device that can stream video from your PC wirelessly to your TV. Advantage - Workout Blender will work.

d. You can buy a multimedia player (alternative to Apple TV) like this one. Workout Blender is not likely to be supported.

e. You can get an Apple iPod/Touch or any other brand of player that supports the format of video that Cathe.com uses (H.264). Again - not sure if Workout Blender will work.

Workout Blender is not likely to be supported.

From what I have read Workout Blender is just a desktop application that creates workouts. It will spit them out into a file.

How and where you play your files is irrelevant to how you get the files: downloaded or created by workout blender or ripped from a dvd.
What matters is that the format of these files is supported on the media you want to play it on.

From what I have read Workout Blender is just a desktop application that creates workouts. It will spit them out into a file.

How and where you play your files is irrelevant to how you get the files: downloaded or created by workout blender or ripped from a dvd.
What matters is that the format of these files is supported on the media you want to play it on.

:) I meant that the advantage of playing your cathe downloads off a computer is that you can tAke advantage of workout blender, and that you may not be able to use workout blender with other devices.

Hi Deb! I have nothing to say really...lol However, have you consulted Helene?? I'm thinking about getting exactly what she has...which is a Toshiba portable hard drive ( I think).....well someday I'm thinking about it.... ;)

Iris

:) I meant that the advantage of playing your cathe downloads off a computer is that you can tAke advantage of workout blender, and that you may not be able to use workout blender with other devices.

No, how you "play" the workouts is independent from how you create them. Workout Blender runs on your computer and creates workouts. Once you have created them they are just files the same as the ones you download. You can play them anywhere Cathe downloads are supported.

No, how you "play" the workouts is independent from how you create them. Workout Blender runs on your computer and creates workouts. Once you have created them they are just files the same as the ones you download. You can play them anywhere Cathe downloads are supported.

Aaah! I get it now. I though the blender mixes workouts "on the fly". I did not know that it generates a mix. Wow! This is good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.