iPhone ?

NY25

Cathlete
So, I'm thinking of getting an iPhone. Anybody have one? Likes/dislikes/comments? Hidden charges/calling plan charges? Thanks!!

I have an iphone, and I love it! What's so great about is the updates. You know when a newer phone comes out for any other type of phone, if you want it, you have to buy it. With the iphone, the style is pretty much similar and you can plug it into itunes and it;ll update the phone with the newest software.

The apps are another great part of it! Lots of games, cool fitness applications, like a distance meter, a workout guide, tons of stuff!

I pay $30/month for internet, to be able to check my mail, use Safari, all that stuff. I even go on Cathe.com sometimes while in class haha.

It charges quickly...well ok it's just the best phone I've ever had! I love it!

It is amazing!!! I can download anything is seconds and there are always new features. It is wonderful!!!1

iPhone

I LOVE mine. And this is coming from someone who has always been SO very anti-Apple b/c I've been Windows PC brainwashed. :confused: I don't have the newest... I have the 2nd generation device. I think the iPhone is the coolest PDA on the market. Of course, one has to be prepared to pay for the data plan associated w/it, but it's a really wonderful tool. I LOVE IT!!! Good luck with your decision. :)

Oh I love it too. I initially got it because work cut off personal email and I wanted a way to pull my email when I wasn't at home and it is great for that.
I used it for just about everything. And I practically have gotten rid of my planner. The different APPS give it a lot of functionality. You can do everything from listening to music, watching videos, surfing the net. The list goes on.
My iphone bill is about $83.00 and that has been pretty consistent since I got it. In September it will be a year since I have had it.

What everyone else said! I've never been very techy, but between my Mac and my iPhone, I feel like a genius! They just make it so easy to use! Love, love, love my iPhone! I also keep track of my calories on it with a free app! So, I can always manage that wherever I am! My DH has the newest one and it's fantastic! So much faster on the downloads and it has the GPS, so he uses it when he rides his bike to track his location, speed, etc. and it will save his route through a free app.

I just can't say enough good things about this product!

The only drawback is that you have to use AT&T as your network. I believe they are going to end that relatively soon, though.

iPhone

The only drawback is that you have to use AT&T as your network. I believe they are going to end that relatively soon, though.

Actually, I bought one from craigslist recently and had a friend who knew how to 'jailbreak' it so that I could stay with T-mobile and use it. Plus the data plan in order to use it with T-mo is $9.99. The drawback with that is I had to get the older (first version) of the iPhone but that's fine with me. The same friend who 'jailbroke' the phone knew how to install something so that I can film and send/receive photo texts. Plus, I've always been a bit behind the times technology-wise anyway (just got a DVR about a month ago also) so I don't have to have the newest, fanciest version. I've had mine for about 3-4 weeks now and LOVE it!

Team iphone!

I love mine! It is perfect for my needs and so much. I find it extremely user friendly! I vote...get one! :D;):p You won't regret it.

Cool - the only thing stopping me now is that I no longer have internet access at home (hence the desire for the phone). And I get a discount on the service plan through work, so it's really reasonable. As long as I don't need the computer/internet at home to make it work (like the iPod I returned), I'm good.

I don't think you need a computer to use it! It's a little computer in itself. When updates become available, which is usually only when a new version comes out, I bet you can take it to the apple store and they'll do it for you!

I have the Ipod touch and its great. I have wireless so we use it like a computer. I bought the $6.00 app for texting and my girls text like crazy with no charges. Its just another option if you don't need the phone. No monthly charges ...Peggy

My DH has one and loves it. I wish I could justify getting one for myself but I can't. I do play with his phone once in a while and love it. It has lots of great features. My vote is that you get one.

Haha yeah, my mom has one now too! I'm the one to blame for showing her how to text as well....both of my sisters and I had to upgrade to unlimited texting because of her! LOL

Just be careful with it. There's a problem with the iPhones and iTouches where condensation can build up inside and kill your device. Apple will not repair it if that happens. Try not to take it through too many temp. changes or use a skin for it. Take care when you're in a humid area. That kind of stuff. You'll probably be fine, but take care so that you don't end up with one of the bum ones.

Have fun with your new toy!

Thanks, guys! I bought it - went all out and got the 3Gs. So far, so good. I think I'm going to like it. It was cool being able to download a podcast and watch it during jury duty. And it has Pandora, so I don't even have to use the iTunes part, although I'm sure I eventually will. Thanks for all of your feedback and advise. Yea!!

If someone asked me to chose between my Cathe DVDs and my iPhone, I'd have to sit down and think... And honestly, I'd probably pick the iPhone. I LOVE mine!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.