Introduction

gizmo1974

Hi all,

I just discovered Cathe when I got Direct TV last month and have been truly inspired by her and this forum. I have actually never visited or posted on any forums before. My husband is avid about the benefits of forums but I just never had a reason before. I've found you all to be very motivating and supportive of each other. I just this weekend worked out my first rotation and we'll see how many modifications I go through to figure it out. Currently I only have Cathe's workouts I've taped from FitTv but it's a start. I've been working out for a few years ever since quitting smoking and gaining about 25 pounds. I went from a loose 4 to a loose 12. I'm only 5'1, so you can imagine that wasn't pretty. I’m now 30 and have gotten back to a tight 4, thank God for 2 way stretch :) But I've got a lot of toning to do. I played sports for a short time as a kid but never got into exercising or weights. I now feel sluggish if I don’t do something in the morning. I just wanted to introduce myself and get involved with you all.

Heather

Hi Heather,

I'm 5'0" and a tight 4 but a loose 6. LOL! There are several of us 'petite' types who workout to Cathe. I believe she is 5'2".

I was about 45 lbs overweight in high school so I know what you mean. I carry most of my weight in my hips so it wasn't pretty either.

Congratulations on your quitting smoking. I don't smoke but I understand that's one of the hardest things to do...and losing weight also. That's awesome!

The people on this forum are very knowledgeable and helpful so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Candi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes the hips are a big problem for me too. Nothing to do but keep going. I really am surprised by my mental transformation about exercise itself. Cathe is really a great instructor.

Have a great day!!!

Hi, Heather and welcome! You have come to the right place! We come in all ages, shapes and sizes here but one thing remains constant, we love to share each other's fitness journeys. I'm happy to make your aquaintance!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver

Hi Heather,

I'm new to Cathe too but wanted to say hello and welcome. Good job on quitting smoking, that's great!

Staci

Thanks all for the welcomes!

It's funny after I posted how motivated I was by Cathe, etc. I've been having trouble getting my butt in gear :) Anyway I'm still plugging along, enjoying the posts and everyone's enthusiasm.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.