Instyler Rotating Hot Iron

I would say save your money. For some reason, they sell them in two's, which made NO sense to me (I was wondering if they knew they broke easily or something), so I bought just one on ebay. I used it once or twice, my hair never really looked all that good with it, and it seems as if it is very damaging to the hair. I mean, when I blew out my hair like normal, and then used it as a finishing touch, it helped straighten it a bit but give that little bounce at the end, I have long hair a few inches below by shoulders. But I could not get that great curl like they did on tv. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

I don't have one, but my SIL bought it. She said it ended up costing her WAY more than she anticipated for it. They tack on shipping and handling and some other charges. She ended up finding a friend that wanted one and split the cost with her.

I would say save your money. For some reason, they sell them in two's, which made NO sense to me (I was wondering if they knew they broke easily or something), so I bought just one on ebay. I used it once or twice, my hair never really looked all that good with it, and it seems as if it is very damaging to the hair. I mean, when I blew out my hair like normal, and then used it as a finishing touch, it helped straighten it a bit but give that little bounce at the end, I have long hair a few inches below by shoulders. But I could not get that great curl like they did on tv. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

Thanks, this is the kind of stuff I want to hear. If it's safe for hair or not. If it works like they say or not. Thank you for your input!

I don't have one, but my SIL bought it. She said it ended up costing her WAY more than she anticipated for it. They tack on shipping and handling and some other charges. She ended up finding a friend that wanted one and split the cost with her.

Well, I won't order it from that website. I will get one, and only one, from Ebay. But still, the cost on Ebay ranges from $50-80. I don't want to spend that much unless someone can tell me this thing really works, is safe for the hair (as they claim) and will not break after the first or second use.

I'm a hairstylist, and that thing looks like exactly like what we've been shown NOT to do in my Frederic Fekkai training class. Those bristles will undoubtedly wear down and split and then split the hair.

Ask your stylist to cut your hair in such a way that your natural texture works. Also, your stylist should also show you exactly how to style your hair, and give you options. If he/she won't do it--get a new stylist. For special occasions, it would actually be better for your hair, and easier to use a professional grade curling iron or flat iron. They really shouldn't be used every day, though. Everyone should have a haircut where their hair looks decent without any power tools. Not that we need to completely abandon appliances, but we all need a "5-minute style" as well as a "5 minute face" as a fall-back plan, so to speak.

I guess i am in the minority, I bought one about 6 months ago and i absolutely LOVE it I wouldnt part with it for the world, in fact i am keeping both of mine just in case something happens to the one I have been using ( so far it hasnt clunked out). As far as damaging my hair i dont use it everyday maybe twice a week and i havent noticed my hair looking damaged at all, actually i think it is no different than using a curling iron. I have fairly long hair (its past my shoulders) so i dont know how it would work for shorter hair, it takes a little getting use to but once i figured it out it is the best. I would definately go for it.

I just broke down and ordered one a few days ago, so I can give you my opinion in about 2 weeks. I did see an article about alot of imitaions being sold on ebay (no idea if that is true or not).

IGNORE THIS POST. READ THE ONE BELOW THIS!!

I guess i am in the minority, I bought one about 6 months ago and i absolutely LOVE it I wouldnt part with it for the world, in fact i am keeping both of mine just in case something happens to the one I have been using ( so far it hasnt clunked out). As far as damaging my hair i dont use it everyday maybe twice a week and i havent noticed my hair looking damaged at all, actually i think it is no different than using a curling iron. I have fairly long hair (its past my shoulders) so i dont know how it would work for shorter hair, it takes a little getting use to but once i figured it out it is the best. I would definately go for it.

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to be able to just style my hair with what God has given to me. LOL! Believe me, I've tried. However, one side of my head is poker straight and the other side is so curly it's ridiculous. My hairdresser said if she didn't know me or my background any better (she is my cousin) she would say I have ethnic hair on that side of my head. It is course and horrible to work with. So the only choice I have is to try and straighten it with either a round brush or a flat iron. I use both but not on a daily basis.

I was just hoping that what they claimed in the ads were true - that this is safe for the hair. I've read a lot of negative reviews about it since I started this thread, though. I've decided not to get one.

Marianimal, yes, please check back in here and let me know how it works for you.

Last edited:
SORRY! I POSTED TWICE BECAUSE I WAS ANSWERING THE WRONG QUOTES. DUH!

I'm a hairstylist, and that thing looks like exactly like what we've been shown NOT to do in my Frederic Fekkai training class. Those bristles will undoubtedly wear down and split and then split the hair.

Ask your stylist to cut your hair in such a way that your natural texture works. Also, your stylist should also show you exactly how to style your hair, and give you options. If he/she won't do it--get a new stylist. For special occasions, it would actually be better for your hair, and easier to use a professional grade curling iron or flat iron. They really shouldn't be used every day, though. Everyone should have a haircut where their hair looks decent without any power tools. Not that we need to completely abandon appliances, but we all need a "5-minute style" as well as a "5 minute face" as a fall-back plan, so to speak.

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to be able to just style my hair with what God has given to me. LOL! Believe me, I've tried. However, one side of my head is poker straight and the other side is so curly it's ridiculous. My hairdresser said if she didn't know me or my background any better (she is my cousin) she would say I have ethnic hair on that side of my head. It is course and horrible to work with. So the only choice I have is to try and straighten it with either a round brush or a flat iron. I use both but not on a daily basis.

I was just hoping that what they claimed in the ads were true - that this is safe for the hair. I've read a lot of negative reviews about it since I started this thread, though. I've decided not to get one.

Interesting... I'm glad it's working for you.

I just broke down and ordered one a few days ago, so I can give you my opinion in about 2 weeks. I did see an article about alot of imitaions being sold on ebay (no idea if that is true or not).

Marianimal, yes, please check back in here and let me know how it works for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.