Instant reaction to bad food

SarahM

Cathlete
I went to a Korean restaurant for the first time today, I enjoyed the salad bar, I had a mushroom salad, some other veggies too, I was fine. But as soon as I stated eating the less "clean" food, I started getting tired, light headed, I couldn't keep my eyes open.

This happens to me all the time if I eat outside, or if I eat prepared frozen food. My husband thinks that I must be allergic to something restaurants use, I think it is the salt and fat amount they use that makes me crash that way.
any ideas?

Does anybody have the same reaction?

Hi!
Not sure if they use "MSG" in Korean food, but that happens to me when I eat Chinese... not right away though, it takes a while but I get so tired and light headed, I feel like a zombie! You could be allergic to something, you should start keeping a food journal and note what you ate when it happened! Stick to your clean foods :)

-CC :)

I feel kinda "icky" whenever I eat anything out that is greasy etc. I always feel a bit sick if I eat McDonalds. I usually never eat there but sometimes were out and about and DH wants to take the kids. I've started relying on their grilled chicken and powerade so atleast I don't feel too bad. But a burger/fries/soda and I'll feel ill all day after that. blech.
that said I can make a mean healthier burger at home and baked homemade fries and LOVE it!

Sometimes on the weekends I get cravings for a eggplant sub and fries. One of the local pizza places makes great subs with their own fresh baked white bread. I used to allow myself to indulge once a month or so. However I have kinda lost interest because it seems to knock me on my butt for the rest of the day. Last time I had it I went home and slept for the rest of the night.

I get this reaction whenever I eat a lot of white starchy foods. It seems to be worse when I add grease on top of that. If I have fried rice and deep fried breaded anything, I might as well just crawl under the table and go to sleep.

Instant headache and fatigue for me. I'm not sure exactly what the culprit is...but I pay for eating the stuff for even a couple of days afterwards. It's like I get "heavy" and my runs aren't as good (distance) or my lifting isn't as heavy.

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.