Insanity Recovery Week :)

Travisli

Cathlete
I just completed the Insanity Recovery Week and it's amazing to me that (a) I've been working out with Shaun T for 5 weeks, (b) that I love it so much and (c) that I notice a real difference in my ability from that first workout.

I have not lost weight, but I don't need to lose any weight. I have gotten great definition in my abs and my cardio ability has increased 10 fold. The recovery workout while not as hard as a regular insanity workout was challenging and when I did it the first time last Sunday I didn't do ALL of everything. Today, the last day of the workout, I DID IT ALL! Quite proud of that, thank you very much.

My goal for these next four weeks with Shaun T is to tighten up my diet and really watch my abs take shape -- then its back to STS for me with running as my source of cardio :)

Lovin it!

Glad you are enjoying it! Insanity produces great results as you are now noticing! :D I lost a few pounds, leaned out and also saw increased ab definition. My cardio endurance also shot through the roof w/the program! I finished the full rotation quite some time ago and have just started adding 2 w/o's a week into my current rotation. I plan to keep them in my upcoming STS rotation. Excited to see what kind of results I get!
Congrats again and great job!!!!!!!!!:D

This is so exciting to hear! I just finished my first week of Insanity (today is my first rest day). I can hardly believe I got through the week and don't have residual aches and pains in any of my joints. I just love the program so far, and I've been very pleasantly surprised by the thorough (and effective) stretching we do each workout. I'm already noticing a little bit of a difference in my cardio performance since doing the fit test last Saturday - just small improvements so far but I'm looking forward to seeing the kind of results you ladies have seen within the next few weeks! :) :)

Stebby

Good work! I never made it past 4 weeks. The level of impact was too much for me, but I have been using it twice a week with P90x and I love it!

The part that really amazed me is that he's always saying it will improve speed and I kind of rolled my eyes. But he was right, my movements are so much quicker than when I started, especially on the 1-2-3 heisman. When I first saw them do that at full speed, I never thought I could step that fast...but now I am right there with them and it feels great!

Keep it up!

I am glad that you are enjoying your Insanity rotation. I did an insanity rotation last fall. I got great results with it. My resting heart rate dropped tremendously. My cardio endurance vastly improved. My legs leaned out. I have greater definition in my leg, abs and especially my shoulders. I now do Insanity workouts one or twice weekly. I did Max Interval Sports Training today! MIST is a favorite of all of the Insanity workouts

I hear that Shaun T is coming out with a new workout called Assylum.

Travis, congrats on making it 5 weeks and it's great to hear that you are enjoying it so much.

Stebby, we are on the same schedule with Insanity! Today is my first rest day also. I could tell a difference yesterday in Plyo Cardio, I still ended up in a heap on the floor but my i took shorter rests (I need to take longer rest than what the Shaun does though.)

I want to do either STS or P90X once I complete Insanity but I haven't decided. I think I'm leaning towards STS.

Again, Travis, I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying it, I'm not to the point where I can say that...yet?

Oh, and can anyone recommend good sneakers for Insanity. I have a pair of Sketchers DeLites that I love but they are just not doing the trick for these workouts, my inner calves are screaming.

While I liked the challenge of Insanity during the first week, I did not LOVE it. I was sure Shaun T was trying to kill me. :) But stick with it. It will definitely grow on you. But I still HATE mountain climbers. . . .

I'm looking forward to this next four weeks (they start tomorrow) and I know they will be tougher. Quite frankly I didn't realize I could sweat that much!

As far as shoes I wear Asics with Insanity and they seem to work well enough.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.