Insanity or Insanity Asylum

Insanity. I think I have Insanity Asylum still and I don't want it..PM me and I will check when I get home tonight. If I still have it I will give it to you.
Elena

Depends....how will you use it? Are you going to do the Insanity rotation, or use the workouts as cardio workouts here and there. I think the workouts are great...however, I think it's overkill and too much impact for anyone. I did the rotation, didn't lose any weight, but it didn't help me improve my running. So these are great for sports conditioning. But I can see where injury is common, especially if form is not good.

I did Aslyum too...better designed, but I can see where people would have a hard time grabbing the workouts other than to do the rotation.

I rarely grab Insanity or Asylum DVDs, because in my opinion, if something is hard I want it to be fun and have no dread factor to it. These are kind of "not fun"....so I typically grab a hard Cathe workout. You do feel great after these workouts...but sometimes there is major hesitation (me for, at least) before pressing play on the DVD player.

But like I said, it depends on your goals with these....

Thanks everyone, I kinda figured Insanity Asylum was taking it to a whole new level. And I appreciate your offer of Insanity Asylum but I don't think I'm ready for it. If anyone wants to sell their insanity, PM me and I'll take it off your hands.

Your opinions are always appreciated.

Insanity Asylum isn't near as hard as Insanity IMO. It has a few good workouts, but for the most part I was not impressed at all and struggled to make it through the whole 30 days. Haven't touched it since.

I have not done the Insanity Asylum, but I did the entire Insanity rotation. The good news is that I increased my cardio during the cycle, which made it easier to do the Cathe workouts that I used to struggle with. The bad news is that even with all of that work and a very clean diet, I did not really lose any weight, which seemed impossible, but it was true. I also did not enjoy the workouts. Not just because they were tough, but because they were so boring and repetitive. No matter how hard Cathe's workouts are, I still look forward to doing them and there is very little dread factor...and some of them are 3x as long as Insanity, which means I'm burning even more calories, and I'm actually having a relatively good time doing it. I was excited about starting Insanity, but in the end, I did not enjoy it and I could not wait for it to be over so that I could go back to my Cathe workouts. I started LIS in November and I've managed to actually lean out a little more. Insanity did not give me those results.

I really love Insanity, it has a vaulted place in my collection for quick workouts especially used with STS later in the day. Asylum is more game-based and used for speed and agility. I like it, but Insanity is what I reach for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.