INSANE PARTY - Wed, 9/16

HaveFun

Cathlete
Good Morning Y’All!! :eek:

MIC is done for the last time in this rotation - whew, that was a tough one. My pace was normal the first round, doggin’ the second and powering through the last :p

Dawn ~ I’m glad you’re feeling the power of M2. Angel is on her way :p

Colleen ~ I found I could not skimp on sleep or diet during Insanity and would immediately notice if I lacked on either during the workouts :)

Regina ~ Overall impression of Insanity is it gave me the exact results I was looking for and it delivered. I leaned out all over and was pleasantly surprised with my upper body results with my shoulders and arms getting more defined. It also burned off that bit of cellulite on my booty/back thigh area. It also inspired me to get 2 pairs of skinny jeans which I have not worn since high school (an 80s thing). I really like the Upper Body Weight workout as well and see myself using that one often although I only used it 3xs during the recovery week of this rotation. I plan on using Insanity only in a fully dedicated Insanity rotation when I want to break through plateaus and will probably use the deluxe workouts mixed in with my other workouts outside of an Insanity rotation. DH has been doing Insanity with me and is going to start all over again when we are finished - I think he is nuts!! :eek: ^5s on balance push-ups :D

Becky ~ 10 miles!! You are truly an inspiration!! :eek::D

Brenda ~ I like MIST, also!!! :D

Marinanne ~ I understand the WOW turning into WOOF!! :p

Sandra ~ Welcome back!! Sounds like a great weekend!! IA is 33 minutes and is an extended CA with the typical warm-up of standing & jumping, then C-sit work then plank work :)

Have a super day everyone!!!

Good Morning,
Whoa, MIP, I'm tired because that was tough. I woke up hungry (I'm playing around with my eating habits). I did have 1oz of an energy gel (about 90 calories) and that did seem to kick in the second round of the 1st circuit and the endorphins kicked in. However, I started to lose steam and my endorphins at the end. Good thing tomorrow is recovery. :D

Sandra, Welcome back!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I have done Hip Helpers and I love it so Thanks. I noticed I probably should have done it last night when I got to switch kicks. :p

Colleen, I hope you got a better night rest last night.

Regina, Sorry, but I can't say I agree with you. MIP is probably my least favorite. :p

Becky, I agree with Marianne, a 10 mile run is Insanity.

Brenda, I forgot to mention I tried your power through screaming technique for the planks yesterday and then during the balance push-ups and it did help. Okay I wasn't screaming just making a large exhale, but while my balance push-up form wasn't great, it was much closer to a balance push-up then in the past, and my planks punches were much better too.

Marianne, See I was hoping the angel would use her wings to help lift me up. ;)

Jennifer, Wow I can't believe you are almost done. How does it feel?

Last edited:
Good Morning,
MIP is in the can and I am feeling that post workout glow of accomplishment and strength. It is amazing how doable the exercises are now so deep into this program. I am not keeping up with Shaun and the crew on some of the exercises ( power pushups are slow for me in order to keep form) but there is definite improvement and awesome cardio stamina gains. This last week of Insanity has been a strong one for me, perhaps knowing the end is near has given me the kick in the pants my sore hamstrings have needed to power through these workouts.
Tomorrow is graduation day for me: MCC and then I am released from the asylum !! I plan on a week of alternating power yoga and Cathe's Terminator DVD workouts and then a mosh of Insanity workouts and Cathe's heavy weight workouts until Shock cardio is released and then I will start a STS/Shock/Insanity rotation. Let's hope Shock is released by the end of the year!!!

Y'all have a great day
Brenda in Indiana

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I slept so well last night that I overslept. I am planning to switch my workouts do Max Recovery tonight and MIP tomorrow morning. I just don't like getting all sweaty in the evening plus DH may want to go out to dinner.

Jennifer, I am glad you got the results you wanted from this workout. I can't believe you are almost done.
Dawn, glad you pushed through despite being hungry and tired.
Brenda, are you pleased with the results of this program? I hope STS Cardio is released by the end of the year. I would like to start in January.
Sandra, welcome back. Sounds like you had a challenging weekend!
Marianne, the diamond jumps remind me of plie jacks in Cathe's workouts.
Regina, ^5 on the balance pushups.
Becky, a 10 mile run would definitely require a nap for me.

Jennifer- DH is doing Insanity again! Way to go! He must be made of steel. MY DH looked at how soaked I was after doing Insanity and said I must be Insane. Now that he is seeing the results that I am getting, he said that he may try it. Thanks for your review of Insanity and I am glad that you achieved the results that you wanted. My resting heart rate has dropped and my cardio endurance has defintiely improved. Almost everyone that has reviewed Insanity speaks of greater shoulder defintion. My shoulder defintion has defintely improved.

Brenda-Funny!!- I too must try your screaming technique. I love the Terminator DVd--especially the Gauntlet.

Dawn- good on your improvements doing the balance push ups. I usually have a protein shake prior to going to bed if I am going to do Insanity the first thing in the morning. I find that this helps me power through.

Everyone have a great day!

Regina

Ha! You ladies are funny! I honestly can't believe I can run 10 miles either. what shocks me even more is when I look at my watch and see that I just ran for an hour and fifty minutes, more or less. That's INSANE to me too!:p

Someone asked about muddiness...if you want to see pictures from prior years, go to usmcmudrun.org. Apparently I will be cleaning mud out of my ears, hair, etc for days!

I have gone into hibernation mode for the next 3 days. I'm doing cycle tonight, teaching tomorrow night and lots of yoga and stretching. I'm not sure when I'll get back to INSANITY because I've heard that moving may be a challenge for several days next week!

I am amazed that even though my INSANITY experience has been waaayyy more fragmented than the rest of you, I can feel improvement in other areas. Also when I do the workouts I AM getting better. Probably not as quickly as I could be if I were following a strict rotation. I am hoping and praying that in October, after the 2 races and my vacation, I will actually have 60 days to be consistent!

Have a great day everyone!

Becky

Hello all-
Did MCC for the first time today. That sound you here is Shaun T kickin' my butt.
Those football drill/drop downs at the beginning--oh my! I was soaking wet by the end. But I try to remember I felt the same way when I started the program. I know I will get there even if it is a long hard climb!

Jennifer- I'm so happy you got the results you wanted. And please check in on us laggers once in a while.

Brenda- Congrats as well! Check in us slow pokes. And enjoy your beachbody

Colleen- that good night sleep is making me jealous. My dog woke me up at 3:30 am wanting to go outside!

Have a great insane day everyone
Marianne

Good evening everyone!!

Life is INSANE!!! I love it!!

Max Interval Plyo is done for the 2nd time. It occurred to me, as I was doing my zillionth push up since Saturday, that I would probably benefit more from doing STS Meso 3 Plyo Legs. Between doing the STS Meso 3 upper body workouts, teaching 2-3 strength classes a week, and doing Insanity 6 times a week, I'm getting more than enough upper body work (especially push ups!). I thought MIP was great, and I like how creative he is in working the upper body in that workout, but I think it might be overkill for me. So, the next time it comes up in the rotation, I may do Meso 3, Week 1 Plyo Legs instead.

Jennifer - WOW!!! You're coming into the home stretch!!! MIC for the last time....you lucky girl! I can't wait until I can write that! And your results sound perfect! Excellent job! You need to get yourself a t-shirt: I've gone Insane, Ya'll!! Oooh, IA aren't exciting me at all. I barely have time to do the 50-60min M2 workouts, never mind tacking on another half hour. Maybe I'll do them on Saturday or Sunday, regardless of where they are put in the rotation.

Dawn - I'm glad you liked Hip Helpers!! If it weren't so long, I'd do it more often. At the start she says we should do it FIVE times a week! Who the heck wants to do that for an hour every day?! I'd like to do it 2x a week, though. Someday....Power through screaming, hey?

Brenda - One more day!!!! FABULOUS!!!

Colleen - Mmmmm, isn't a deep sleep a wonderful thing? I hope it gave you great energy for the day!

Regina - A lower resting heart rate is a TERRIFIC outcome! NICE!

Becky - Whew! Good luck with your next 3 days! When is the race? Running is so not my thing! I get to 30mins, and I'm ready to be done. Boredom gets me, and then I start to notice every little sign of discomfort. Kudos to you for being able to go on and on and on.......

Marianne - MCC is my favourite of the M2 workouts, because nothing gets repeated. You do it, get it over with (good or ugly) and move on!

Well, good night folks! Sweet, Insane, dreams!
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.