INSANE PARTY - Wed, 9/09

HaveFun

Cathlete
Good Morning Y’All!! :eek:

MCC & IA is done and I was seriously doggin’ it during IA. My upper body is feeling really fatigued for some reason and I had a tough time keeping myself in all those plank moves. Also, I went to dinner with a girlfriend last night so I got to bed late so that could be it as well as this was the 3rd day workout which always gets me - excuses, excuses :rolleyes:

Sandra - Yeah on MIP and glad your power push-ups are better than mine ;) M2 is definitely about strength. I had DOMS that first week which felt just like I did a weight workout. Welcome to M2!! :eek:

Happy day everyone and I’ll check in later !! :cool:

Good Morning All,
Jennifer, I had to laugh when I read your post. As I was coming up from the basement after MCC, my EXACT thoughts were that I dogged the workout. I was still happy with myself for pushing through, but I was grabbing for energy that just wasn't there. My excuse was that I was running around doing errands yesterday and missed one of my meals. :p Note to self: don't skip meals when doing Insanity (esp. M2 workouts :eek:).

So M2W1 D3 MCC is DONE!

I hope everyone has a great day and workout..

Good Morning Everyone!

I did MCC this morning too along with a 15 minute run. I thought this was going to be easier than it was. My muscles are fried and I am hoping that recovery tomorrow will mimic month 1 recovery workouts with lots of stretching.

Jennifer, I haven't previewed IA yet but I was thinking of trying it this weekend.
Dawn, I felt low on energy too in today's workout and my muscles just gave out in a few spots.
Sandra, the M2 workouts I have done so far seem to have more strength moves than M1.
Becky, I thought PC was crazy hard until I started M2 workouts.
Regina, I hope I can say that MIP is a favorite soon. Right now my body is still in shock.
Marianimal, I previewed CCB first because I was shocked by CR. I am glad I did it because I expected it to be no cardio - just stretching.
Eunice, I just keep thinking that I will be prepared for Shock Cardio when it comes out.

:eek: Eek...don't tell me things like that about month 2! LOL! ;)

Plyometric Cardio Circuit is done and so is Week 1! It only took me 10 days! Haha!
I've decided I'm being too spastic about trying to do everything, so I'm committing to the INSANITY series along with my running and I'll worry about P90X or STS after month 1 is over!

Thanks for the yoga link! I will definitely be ordering some DVDs!

Have a great day!

Becky

Hi everyone! I just finished previewing Max Cardio Conditioning. I'll be doing it in 45mins. I have to say, it looks half decent. I MUST be getting conditioned to these workouts, because I watched it thinking it looked like the most sane of all the workouts so far. I may change my mind after doing it! I like that you get such a long "recovery" section right in the middle, and that the majority of the workout is done vertically. And not all of it is high impact. I even watched Shaun take a break during the ski abs. Oh! And I really appreciated that he announced that he was taking his shirt off! I always miss that moment. A girl needs some motivation!

Jennifer - Those aren't excuses, those are reasons, and they're very valid. You did the workout despite all that, and you should be proud, regardless of your performance. And I'm pretty sure that Shaun knew exactly what he was doing when he put the three workouts on consecutive days; I'm sure the layering effect is half the challenge. Cathe's toughest rotations do the same thing (especially her fatloss ones). I think I'd have been much more stiff and sore today if I hadn't done 30mins of stretching/yoga before I went to bed last night. I'll have to make sure I do that every night. I felt better this morning than any other morning in recent memory.

Dawn - I can't imagine skipping a meal when doing daily Insanity workouts! LOL! In fact, tomorrow morning I'm supposed to go for routine blood tests, and need to do a 12hr fast. So, I'm going to eat an extra meal tonight, so I don't pass out on my 6am client during her training session. I don't do fasting very well.....

Colleen - Oh dear. Am I in for a rude awakening when I do MCC today? :)Oh well. It is what it is. In 47mins I'll be done. That's all that really matters.

Becky - My Month1 weeks were 8-9 days long, too. Who would have thought that deciding to do Insanity would be the most sane decision? LOL! Seriously, I'm glad you've decided to focus your energy on your nutrition and food intake, and are going to stop beating your body up for a few hours every single day. I am SO dreading my last 2 weeks of Insanity, where I'll be doing lots more instructing. I may wind up extending my weeks to 10 days, just so I don't wind up injured or mentally fried.

Well, I'd best go do this workout. I've rejuvenated with a cup of green tea. My legs are still tired from the last two days, but I'll do my best.....and forget the rest.

I will do Max Recovery this evening. I am pleasantly surprised that Insanity is getting easier. I completed MIP without stopping ( except for the water breaks). I think that STS cardio will be a little easier after Insanity. I am hoping that STS cardio will be released by the time that I finish Insanity. I absolutely love nose bleed workouts! My DH looked at how drenched I was after finishing MIP and said that I must be insane.

Regina

Oh Dawn.... Great job doing Insanity AND meso 2!! I don't believe I could do STS and the 5 Insanity workouts per week!! When I start STS again, i am thinking about doing 3 hard cardio/ plyo workouts and 2 endurance cardio workouts each week. GREAT GOING WITH PUSHING THROUGH.

Dawn: I'm with you in hoping STS cardio will be easier since we've been through Insanity. My husband has gotten used to me looking completely soaked and very happy after every workout. When he peeks into our workout room and sees some of the stuff I'm doing he just shakes his head and says " You know this is for much younger people" to which I reply, "I'm going to keep doing this as long as I can!"

Well today was MIC and I tacked on Cathe's No equipment abs. Tomorrow is the last day of week 7 (or 8 if you count the recovery week) 1 more week to go. I can't believe I have stuck to the rotation and frumpfered through some days when the will wasn't there. Shaun T is right, this program makes you dig deeper and go more

Have a great evening ladies
Brenda

Hello All-
Jennifer and Dawn-- I think even doggin' it counts as what most people would consider a great workout. So pat your self on the back!
Regina- you give me hope when you say that Insanity is getting easier for you. Good for you!
Dawn-- you hubby's comment cracked me up! You should tell him "You know you're right but my next husband will be much younger!"
I'm still in my RW. Did CCB and then Legs & Glutes today. By the end of L&G man were my legs burning.
Have a great night everyone!
Marianne

Yup! Maximum Cardio Conditioning is the most sane of all the M2 workouts, but it's still intense :p. I had a great workout. Really enjoyed it. An hour after finishing I was lying face down on the physiotherapist's table, getting poked with a bunch of needles from neck to ankle. Ouch! But the results should be worth it.

Have a great night! Tomorrow is Max Recovery for me. I'm not naive enough anymore to imagine that this is going to be an "easy" workout. I'm also going to do STS M3 WK1: Shoulder, Biceps & Triceps. I'll do those earlier in the afternoon. After dinner I have my cycle class to teach.

See you tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.