Inexpensive but cute workout clothes?

FourAM

Cathlete
I am always on the hunt for a bargain but I do not want to look like it. Does anyone know of a good source for cute workout wear that will not break me. I am looking for new summer clothes but can not justify spending 60 to 100 dollars on something that only I will see for the most part and they are shorts for goodness sake.:p
Anyone?
Rachel:D

Check out Marshall's if you have one near you or Old Navy. Most of my workout stuff comes from either of those. I refuse to spend a lot of money on workout clothes.

Kohls and J.C. Penney have cute workout clothes and some good sales.
I used to by all my workout clothes at Target, but I think they have gotten too expensive - as you said, who else will see it but me?

Check out TJ Maxx. They can be hit or miss, but I've scored some nice stuff from Marika and Nike there in the past.

Marshals, Ross, T J Maxx are all good sources. Unfortunately, good quality workout clothes come at a price and since I am ALWAYS in workout clothes I am always looking for bargain quality workout gear. Do you have an outlet near you? A few good quality peices are really all you need. A few good sports bras, capri's (not to short and not to long) but always good comfy shoes. I love Lululemon- super expensive and not always available but lasts forever (I envy everyone from Canada who has acess to the outlet). Beyond Yoga, I know Lauramax uses them too. On Amazon.com you can get really good deals but make sure you buy the right size because they pants don't have elastic in them and if you lose weight they'll fall off, Athleta has really good quality peices, and of course I love Nike.

In Canada, try Winners - you have to really hunt around to get the good stuff in your size, but all the top brands are there and they are half to a third the price of the other stuff. They have a lot of designer clothes as well at ridiculously low prices. I hate shopping there, it's a royal pain in the %%^&&, but they definitely have amazing bargains if you can take the hassle. It helps to keep going back, because they have different stock every day.

You get can the expensive workout clothes on sale!

Nike has some TERRIFFIC sales on their websites (check both the "sale" and "clearance" sections). I recently bought 3 long sport tops for $20/each. it depends on what you're looking for, but checkout the websites for the designers you like.
Retail is hurting, so you can usually find stuff nearly 1/2 off online.

Workout clothes cheap

Check out Marshall's if you have one near you or Old Navy. Most of my workout stuff comes from either of those. I refuse to spend a lot of money on workout clothes.

Marshall, Penneys, Nike outlet stores, sometimes ebay.

Love, love, love Old Navy! Very cute, inexpensive to start w/, but frequent sales and coupons just add to the attraction. Kohls is good too, especially w/ their sales and coupons. I like Target but find theirs are more expensive that Old Navy or Kohls.

If you're ok with shopping at Walmart they have amazing deals on really, really cute exercise clothes. I got an entire new wardrobe of clothes for spring for around $200. This is my confession, for that $200 I got, 1 jacket, 9 tops and 7 capri or bermuda bottoms. They are super, super cute and very stylish. The brand is Danskin Now. I usually make all of my workout clothes, but I really can't make them this cheap. They obviously won't last forever, but I will easily get 2-3 years out of them, and by then I am sick of them anyway.

This is my funny story about cute exercise clothes for the day. I forget that not everyone works out every day or dresses like me. I taught a yoga class this morning in one of my new super cute tops. When I was done I threw a jacket over it and ultimately went out to lunch with DH at an extremely casual place. During lunch I took my jacket off not thinking that it was a very business crowd in the restaurant. When I went to get a to go container I noticed several of the men staring at me with dropped jaws. It took me several seconds to realize that a woman in a yoga top is not what they see at work every day. DH thought it was pretty funny. Oh well.

Shayne

Hi-
Believe it or not, I just got some really cute workout tops at Sears... I ran in there on a whim, and ended up getting some long bra tops and tanks for about 7.00 each.

I would put their quality on the same line as Kohls or Target's lines of athletic clothes.

Lynn M.

You might try www.bodyc.com Body Central... they have some very very cute clothes and very cheap.

I have not purchased anything from them, but I get their catalog and I have been very very tempted!

xoxo, Denise ;)

try kohl's. they sell different brand names (nike, fila, addias) and everything is always on sale. If you have their CC, you also get 15% coupons all the time.
chrissy

I just remembered, Dick's carries a clothing line called Ativa (or Activa) that's very reasonably priced. Sweats, tanks, yoga pants, etc. I really like their tank tops.

Okay, this might be too personal a question, but do you wear undergarments with your workout pants/shorts? If yes what?

The only reason I ask is I can't find the style of workout bottom I like anymore and all the new ones seems as though they require separate undergarment be worn. Make sense?

Target

I LOVE the C9 Champion workout pants from Target. They are the most comfortable material ever and thick enough not to have to wear undergarments and they hold in the loose skin on my thighs. I have tried tons of other workout pants and these are the absolute best for me, hands down, they are $20-- a steal!! They come in regular/petite and tall as well.

I like the C9 tops at Target (16.99 regular price) Old Navy and Kohls also for tops and cute jackets. I just got some cute "yoga" tops at Old Navy with 30% discount they were $9.

Sandra

Hi

I get some of my stuff from www.sierratradingpost.com. They have pretty good assortment of items including shoes, sports bra, running shorts, etc... Sign up for their dealflyer and they will email coupons like 25% off already clearance items and such. I just bought some sports bra (Moving comfort - grace) for $15 and their sale price was $22. I also bought Hind running shorts for $4.

Check out the site; you have nothing to lose. :)

Penny

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.