Important questions on Hardcore

Disclaimer put on Hard Core workouts

Hi Cathy,

Love ALL the workouts and especially the pre-mix options which set your workouts apart from ALL others. It is perfectly understandable from a business point of view that the more discs you offer, the more money you probably will make. That being said, many people here have voiced their desires to have At Least the gym style workouts on 1 disc. So many people would really be grateful for this. We understand that this would require layering and that some people have experienced delays in their dvd players while changing between layers. Would you consider putting a disclaimer on the dvd box stating that it's perfectly natural for some dvd players to experience such a delay? It would reassure the user that there is nothing wrong with either the disc or the dvd player, and may alleviate the confusion some consumers are having about the delays they are experiencing. You have asked for feedback and thank you for welcoming it, this is another suggestion to ponder... THANKS again for all the Excellent quality workouts we have come to count on from you Cathe! I will be preordering just as soon as the page comes up on this site..

Thanks again,
Rosheen:)

As the saying goes,"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." These threads always crack me up.

I'd love to have the gym style workouts on one DVD. These are the only workout I'm interested in. I've never had a problem with my Pure Strength and Slow & Heavy DVDs. I think the problems started for many people when premixes were added. If you keep it simple (no premixes) on this DVD, I would imagine the play issues would be minimal if at all.

Crystal

I agree Crystal it makes sense to have the Gym Style w/o's on one disc similar to P&S and S&H. Too bad that doesn't seem to be the way it is going to be.

I don't have any difficulty with the dual layering change on a weight workout because it doesn't throw off my rhythm. I do find it a little disconcerting during a step or cardio workout because then it can potentially affect the flow during that moment.

>I agree Crystal it makes sense to have the Gym Style w/o's on
>one disc similar to P&S and S&H. Too bad that doesn't seem to
>be the way it is going to be.
>
>I don't have any difficulty with the dual layering change on a
>weight workout because it doesn't throw off my rhythm. I do
>find it a little disconcerting during a step or cardio workout
>because then it can potentially affect the flow during that
>moment.
>
>
>

Hedygs, these is exactly how I feel. The slight pause is not a problem in weight lifting workouts (never had a problem with PS or S&H), it is, however, an enormous pain in the $%^& and extremely frustrating when you are doing a cardio workout and it starts to pixelate and pause and skip. That's where the problem lies.

About the "noisy few:" I am sure that if the person that said this would have had the same problems a lot of people experienced, she would have become a part of the "noisy few" and would have objected to that type of statement.

With the prices that we pay for Cathe's dvds, we expect them to be 100% playable in 100% of all players and not to have to go through the pain of going back and forth with SNM to get a playable disk.

We need to measure our words before posting about the "noisy few" who are actually very many of us out there.

Edited to add: BTW, I want to add that I like Cathe's workouts and, even though I have had problems with the push/pull dvd (the only problem I have had), I have continued to purchase her new workouts.:+

As another person who loves all the pre-mixes, I'd rather have the gym-styles all on one DVD. I tend to use the premixes at least as often as the original workout, so knowing that these will be on separate DVDs and that we are looking at way less premixes for this set, I think I can minimize my buying of this set.

Cathe- I understand you need to make the decisions that are best for your business, but please understand that the pre-mixes and abilty to re-form our own workouts are a big draw with many of your fans. As they say- you can't please everyone. And, this change will displease a lot of us who never had a problem with your DVDs and haven't complained or returned any workouts.

I'll just wait till the end of the pre-sale and see if you do or don't change your mind and order accordingly. And, no- this isn't a threat- just my way of taking my time to make a wise purchase.

>I don't care about the slight pause between layer changes,
>but I have experienced a lot of start/stop and pixelation
>problems - and ONLY with SNM-produced DVDs. However, if
>little or no pre-mixes are used, perhaps that would solve the
>problem, and the three gym-style workouts can be put on one
>DVD. I'm glad the others are on single DVDs - makes good
>sense as they're very separate and distinct workouts.
>

I agree about putting the three workouts on 1 DVD, with chapters, but no premixes.
Having them available this way, with good chapter points, would allow us to mix and match our own workouts. Also, PS and S&H were packaged this way, and I personally have had no problems with any layer change pause in these, nor with any earlier three-workout DVD's. Are they single layered, or is the layer change positioned in an "invisible" spot?

This may be a really stupid suggestion, especially from a business standpoint...but could there be any way you make two sets? if it is easier to make them individually, do that and sell those to the ppl that prefer that and then sell a combined dvd that is layered with all three workouts and charge extra for those who want the premixes? I may not be speaking for everybody here, but it sounds like many people would be willing to pay a little extra for the premixes and those who have problems with them wouldn't have to worry about it?????

I too would vote for all three gym style workouts on the one DVD.

And the "noisy few" refers to comments made by SNM on a thread re: premixes where SNM explained that they are reducing the features available on the Hardcore DVDs (or at least thinking about it) because of the very audible complaints about these features on the BB series. As SNM explained, these people, although very vocal, were a monority, but made enough noise for a majority! SNM's point was that they only seemed to hear from those who wished to complain and never from the majority who experienced no difficulties at all with the advanced technological features of the BB DVD's. So the poster who used the expression "noisy few" was indirectly quoting SNM and she knew what she was talking about and was not, I don't think, intending to throw mud around.

So, can we all calm down now please?!?!

Clare

All gym workouts on one DVD Pleeeeeeease!!!!!!! I don't see why a lot of the workouts can't be combined onto 1 DVD. I think that each DVD should have 2 or 3 workouts. I too have bought a seperate DVD type notebook case for my workout DVD's as I have for all of my DVD's which really saves space, but that isn't the issue. You said earlier that you wanted to be known for your great high quality workouts and half the reason that you are known for your high quality workouts is due to the workout blenders and premixes and the ability of the customer to mix and match workouts. I think people eventually get over these pauses. It might be a shock to them at first, but it actually gives people time for equipment change. People will always find something to complain about, but they get over it. As with the PS series, I like to do upper and lower body seperately so I premix the shoulders and triceps with back biceps and abs. I want to be able to do the same with these. Please consider pairing up 2 or 3 workouts per DVD, atleast the gym workouts. Otherwise, why not just put these on VHS? I was just buying VHS for a while, until you started coming out with the premixes and workout blenders, then I started buying the DVD versions and am considering re-purchasing what I have on VHS on DVD. What's the incentive for putting them on DVD? This is the 21st century, use technology to its max.
Have I said enough?:eek:

Quote: So, I guess I’m saying from a business standpoint we can put the workouts on separate disc and actually charge more money and
have fewer headaches since there are no layer changes.

Chris:

In making this statement I hope you are referring to charging more money since it will cost more money to produce each DVD? It's really too bad since PS and S&H have never been complained about. Perhaps the layer changes in BB was a little more noticable to some since there were so many premixes and other features.

I hope you will reconsider 1 DVD as opposed to three. I think you may find that present and future sales for this particular workout will reflect your decision. For me, I can't see spending $20 each now or $27 each after they are released. That's a lot of money. I would not hesitate to pay the same price as PS.

Thank you for allowing us to present our opinions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.