Important News About Cathe Live

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

As we mentioned previously we're in the process of moving Cathe Live to a brand new delivery network called Akamai. This is who we have always used for our Cathe OnDemand videos.

This is a very tricky and challenging move for us as there is just no completely smooth and easy way to do this. Since this move affects all of our various apps and requires approval from companies like Apple and Google it's very hard to do without causing some apps to have some downtime, but we will do our best to avoid downtime if possible.

Tonight, we have launched only our Roku recorded videos on the Akamai network - we will soon do the same for our other apps. The problem some people have had with having to press play numerous times on Roku now appears to be fixed. However, you may notice some freezing of videos when you play them for a few days. This is because our videos are currently on an Akamai storage server. As requests are made by you and other subscribers to play a particular video the video files will be cached on cloud servers throughout the world and we expect loading issues to be greatly reduced or eliminated after this happens.

So to recap, we will hope for the best, but plan on some stormy weather for a few days as far as Cathe Live goes. As the days go by we will begin connecting all of our apps to the new network. We hope to have all our apps on Akamai by the end of this week, but a lot will depend upon how quickly our apps approved by Apple and Google.

Hi dmerz, glad to hear it worked for you. There are about 12 Cathe Live videos on Roku that will not work right now. This includes #281 and #282, as well as any Cathe Live video over 60 mins in length. We hope to launch all of the new apps this evening and then we will double back to start fixing any issues like this.

Hi cks1025, it depends on which app you're using. Today will be a little crazy as we will release updates on all of our apps. We then have to update the server database. This means that some of you may not see the newest video now and others that do see it now may not see later on today. This is expected as we're switching Cathe Live to Akamai throughout today.

I tried to watch a Cathe Live video on my computer just now but none of the workouts are showing up. I did today's Cathe Live with Cathe while it was filming and had no problem. I can watch the On Demand videos with no problem.

Hi fitnation,

It sounds like you're just not logged in. I just checked and all of the Cathe Live videos are showing for me on the website. We will be switching Cathe Live on our website to Akamai later tonight or tomorrow, but as of now, nothing has changed.

Last edited:
Hi aqua, Glad to hear it is working. Are you using the Cathe Live app on your iPad or your browser?

I just checked mine on my firestick and they seem to play, but I did loose all my favorites that I had. I'll have to go back through them and add them back in. The firestick was a little slower than usual to load it, but the 2 I played, played fine so far.

Never mind about my previous message about my favorites. I cleared the data and cache first and I still didn't have my favorites. I uninstalled then reinstalled the app and my favorites are there now. It is also a bit faster after this as well. Thanks for the improvements.

I'm guessing this is the best place to report bugs/issues with the new live site...

I'm noticing the audio being out of sync on at least some of them (LIVE 197 Cardio Kickboxing and Cardio Barre, for example). I'm on a MacBook Pro with Mojave v 10.14.6 running it in Chrome Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit). Video seems to be slightly ahead of the audio.

Hi fitnation,

It sounds like you're just not logged in. I just checked and all of the Cathe Live videos are showing for me on the website. We will be switching Cathe Live on our website to Akamai later tonight or tomorrow, but as of now, nothing has changed.
Hi,

I was definitely logged in (I doubled checked) but everything seems to be working fine now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.