Important News About Cathe Live

Hi MelanieC, The reason we have moved Cathe Live to Akamai is that Cathe Live was originally on UStream which was purchased by IBM a few years ago. At the time we started with IBM they were the best st streaming service in the business. But after the purchase of Ustream by IBM things started to go downhill as far as their service goes for a service like ours.

To make matters worse, about three months ago, and without any notice, IBM ended support for ROKU, Apple TV, OS, Fire TV, and Android and everything but the web. So your Apple TV and iOS apps wouldn't have worked much longer if we had stayed with IBM. Since IBM ended support for most of our customer's devices we had to scramble to move Cathe Live and all of our Apps to Akamai which we have used for years for our Cathe OnDemand service. Akamai is regarded as the gold standard for content delivery and who most major enterprise companies use. So staying with IBM was not an option as only the website version of Cathe Live would have continued to work and it would have its share of issues.

Our entire staff has been working 7-days a week on this move to Akamai and fixing issues and problems as quickly as we can. Several Akamai engineers are also currently working on fixing problems and improving our streaming quality. But these are complex problems and take time to study and to fix. There is just no easy way to move 283 videos and all the various apps we have and not have some issues. We understand your frustration and it's frustrating for us too. But Akamai engineers and our developers will figure out and solve the issues and when they're done Cathe live will have a lot fewer issues than it had when it was with IBM and will be a much better service.

Is this why my Apple TV and iOS on demand apps no longer accept my membership? I can log into my paid-for-the-year account via the web, but the apps no longer work on iOS or Apple TV - they want me to buy a subscription through the App Store - so it doesn't recognize that I'm a member already. This used to work just fine,.

No, we have changed anything regarding subscriptions. If you have a year subscription through us then you need to log in with this information. It sounds like you're clicking on the link to sign up through Apple instead of logging in using your yearly subscription login info.

I don't know if anyone is having TV is problem, but Cathe Live #300 is totally blacked out on my iPhone Cathe Live App. I can hear Cathe, but can't see her. Sounds like she is having a great time and having a great workout, but I can't see her!

Also, Cathe Live #301, Cathe is frozen in the beginning of the workout. She is frozen in the still, but continues on with her voice.

I don't know if this is a glitch to the new upgrade to the new servers, but it would be nice to see Cathe.

I know this transition to these new servers is tough. l wanted to point this out. I still love theCathe LiveApp and Cathe OnDemand App.
Thanks,
Jennifer Denny

Hi Jennifer, we upgraded the servers several months ago and we're not experiencing any known issues. I just tested both of the videos you mentioned and both are playing fine. Have you tried force closing the app by swiping it off the screen and logging in again? This will usually fix problems like this.

I
Hi Jennifer, we upgraded the servers several months ago and we're not experiencing any known issues. I just tested both of the videos you mentioned and both are playing fine. Have you tried force closing the app by swiping it off the screen and logging in again? This will usually fix problems like this.
looked at Cathe Live and the problem has been resolved!! Thanks!! The app rebooted on its own! Now it works fine!!! Thanks!!

Jennifer Denny

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.