IMAX With All Floor Cardio!

sanchiababy

Cathlete
Cathe, how about making an IMAX workout with all floor cardio? What does everybody think? It would be a nice change from the stepping routines but we could still get in a great aerobic blast!

What does everybody think?

Sanchia

I would love for Cathe to do an all floor cardio workout. It's not that her step tapes aren't good, it's just that there are so many step tapes out there. There are so few really good floor cardio workouts. I don't mean doing a half-hour of jumping jacks but you know some interval cycles mixed with kickboxing, or other types of moves which also requires us to keep our core solid while doing these movements so that you get double the workout. Well, you should always keep your core intact, but you know what I mean. I definitely agree with you. You kind of get tired of using the step.

Such a great idea!!
Because of my love of step (Cathe's step workouts in particular) I find myself having to make sure I'm doing different things. An IMAX w/ just floor cardio would be wonderful!!! :)

I think that sounds great, except I'm getting tired of the same plyo jumps. Some different anaerobic moves would be awesome. But please no mambo cha chas. Cathe that is the only thing you do that I don't care for. Other than that I know what ever you do will be awesome. keep it advanced. You are one of the few (probably only) that can challenge me the most aerobically.

A bootcamp2 would be another good one! I love, love, love that workout.:)

I would love this. I am so clumsy on the step. But, I did Bootcamp today and forgot how much Cathe can work you without a step. also. :eek:

I don't know--step has completely gone out of fashion in health clubs. If I want a floor workout I'll go to the gym. The only decent step workout I can get these days is from Cathe. My request from her is step, step & more step!

YES, YES, YES. this is my first post. i'm very ashamed to say being a fitness instructor and enthusiast, i only recently stumbled upon cathe on fit tv! aaack! the first class i saw of hers was IMAX 2...i was HOOKED! she is INCREDIBLE. creative, impecible cuing, good energy (not annoying), beautiful form, etc. etc. etc. the only thing is that i'm not a real big stepper (though her classes make step seem fun...not too dancy...and working hard) and i wished that she had a hi/lo floor version of IMAX!!!! so, sanchia...i am soooo glad to see your post and that others agree!!!! the little hi/lo (not the kickboxing, which i'm usually not a big fan of either, but cathe does well) that i have seen cathe do was GREAT and i was dying for more...please, please, please come out with an IMAX floor workout!!!!!! like another poster said, there are so few good cardio floor workouts out there...if cathe could do a couple of these i'd be in heaven!

You know what? The more I think about this idea, the more I like it! I was never a huge step fan until I found Cathe, but she has made a LOT of them, and a change would be nice.

Carol
:)

I would love to add this type of video to my Cathe collection. What a great idea. I agree that it is difficult to find a challenging floor only workout.

I totally agree with the idea of an IMAX 3 all floor cardio - AWESOME IDEA! Can I preorder that one now:) Oh wait, it hasn't been made yet, I guess I will have to wait - Darn itx(

Yep, count me in too! Like you always say, change is a good thing. Need an Imax3 to shock us in a whole new way! Plus, I love to steal your ideas for my class. ;-)
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Yes, yes, and yes again! The market is so wide open in this area. An intense floor cardio workout that's not step and not kickboxing would have customers lined up around the corner. I'd be the first in line!

I prefer IMAX with step.

I find working out in the basement that it's a lot better for my joints to be doing power moves on the step. I have to keep everything on the concrete floor low impact which means it's impossible for me to get into my target cardio zone if it's all floor cardio. I even do my plie squats and jumps on my step.

I would like to see an IMAX workout with lots of kickboxing incorporated.

I want to cast my vote for this idea--why didn't I suggest it? Well, I'm glad someone had the sense to suggest it! I would love to see power moves, plyos, shuffles, lunges, power scissors, the list goes on. This would be a geat workout--no one else has even made a workout like this besides Mindy, & her hi/lo intervals are only short sections on her predominately step interval workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.