I'm totally burned out and don't know what to do!

same fate

I've already taken care of it. I stated my history to show that overtraining is a real thing. Medical intervention helped. But many of my *side effects* will be life-long thanks to my constantly pushing too hard. A lesson learned hopefully for more people than just myself.

Hi Mrsprincess07-- i sent you a pm-- would love to talk to you about your recovery as i am dealing with the same fate.

Today will mark my 13th day of pure stretching and yoga workouts. I'm really enjoying this, a little to much though...I need to get back to doing cardio!! I have no idea what to do next! I don't think my mind is ready to do Turbo Fire, I just can't get into all the choreography its a little to confusing to me and it drives me crazy that I can't master the moves. I let my daughter in law borrow my insanity workouts so I cant do that either. Does Cathe or any other trainers out there have like a type of workout like insanity that is like a 30-60 day challange? One more thing, I never wan't to go without gettting the propper amount of rest again...how often should I be considering getting some recovery time or time of from working out? I wonder if Cathe ever takes time off? Thank you all for your inspiring words, you have forever change my outlook on excercise and getting the proper recovery time.

Lourdes

One more thing, I never wan't to go without gettting the propper amount of rest again...how often should I be considering getting some recovery time or time of from working out?

I think it's different for everybody (regarding how often rest should be scheduled, that is). For myself, I workout fairly intensely 5 days a week and take one full rest day (usually Mondays), the second "off day" is either an Ellen Barret workout or another rest day depending on my schedule. Lately, I've made an effort to schedule a yoga/Ellen Barrett only week every 6 weeks or so. That's what seems to be working for me, at least. Hope that helps somehow!

Today will mark my 13th day of pure stretching and yoga workouts. I'm really enjoying this, a little to much though...I need to get back to doing cardio!! I have no idea what to do next! I don't think my mind is ready to do Turbo Fire, I just can't get into all the choreography its a little to confusing to me and it drives me crazy that I can't master the moves. I let my daughter in law borrow my insanity workouts so I cant do that either. Does Cathe or any other trainers out there have like a type of workout like insanity that is like a 30-60 day challange? One more thing, I never wan't to go without gettting the propper amount of rest again...how often should I be considering getting some recovery time or time of from working out? I wonder if Cathe ever takes time off? Thank you all for your inspiring words, you have forever change my outlook on excercise and getting the proper recovery time.

Lourdes

Lourdes,
I usually workout 5 days a week. I do an 8-12 week rotation and once that rotation is complete I take an entire week off. I'll only do some stretching and just try to relax and let my muscles heal. It is IMPORTANT to take time off. You won't lose muscle and you won't gain fat unless you go on an eating binge which I doubt you will.

So just make sure you take the time off your body needs.

Now since you've been resting, are you excited to start working out again? If so, then I'd say go ahead. You're body has rested and now it's ready for more punishment. :D

Just make sure you take at least one day off a week and then an entire week off within at least 12 weeks of training.

Lourdes,
I usually workout 5 days a week. I do an 8-12 week rotation and once that rotation is complete I take an entire week off. I'll only do some stretching and just try to relax and let my muscles heal. It is IMPORTANT to take time off. You won't lose muscle and you won't gain fat unless you go on an eating binge which I doubt you will.

So just make sure you take the time off your body needs.

Now since you've been resting, are you excited to start working out again? If so, then I'd say go ahead. You're body has rested and now it's ready for more punishment. :D

Just make sure you take at least one day off a week and then an entire week off within at least 12 weeks of training.

Thanks Debbie! I feel so much better, but I must admit woke up this morning not wanting to work out...I did anyways and it felt great! It's funny as I was putting on my shoes, I realize that I had not put on my working out shoes for 14 days, they felt a little strange at first. I will take in your advice. Have a great day!!!

Lourdes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.