I'm new and I need help

ctripp

I am new to the Cathe videos. I own three of the workout videos which are

All Step
Imax 2
Ab Hits

I have the all step video practically memorized, but I recently got Imax 2 and the Ab Hits video. I am having trouble keeping up with the Imax 2 video. Some of the choreography is confusing, but I am trying to learn it. My question is... I work out on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. I follow the weight watchers diet also. I am trying to lose inches off of my flabby love handle stomach. I have noticed some results. I am 5'5 and I maintain my weight between 135 to 140 pounds. I just want a flat and toned stomach and I don't have a clue of how to get there. Is there a special diet I need to follow or do I need to work out more. I am clueless on how to achieve the body I want. I am getting married next year and I want to be able to wear a bikini for the first time (in public). Can you please help the workout challenged? Is there a certain way I should rotate these videos for better results?

This is going to involve spending some sheckles, but you seriously need more videos or DVD's, preferably increasing your mix of cardio modes to include more step routines, hi/lo, and kickbox, AND you also desperately need to bring in strength training to your program.

My suggestion would be to invest at first either in the Cross Train Express series (a 6-workout series that includes cardio AND strength training components) or the Timesaver DVD from the Body Blast series, which also includes step, hi/lo, kickbox and strength routines.

Having a flat stomach is all well and good, but having a flat stomach and weak muscles, as well as only two cardio routines that you do over and over, is not going to do you much good. Total body strength, as well as physical skill among a variety of cardio modes, is what you want to shoot for.

HTH -

A-Jock

I'm in the same boat, I know I have 6-pack abs but they are just buried right now-can't wait to find them! Great advice from A-Jock! I'd also incorporate running(or jogging) or even walking fast enough to get to your target heart rate.

Also if your on weight watchers(and following it) your diet is probably pretty good and there's not any special diet that will help spot tone your abs, or any other part of your body. If you start strength training you will see results - when I first started working out I didn't strength train because I didn't understand how important it was. Now I strength train 2-3 days a week and my muscles keep getting stronger and more defined and trust me keep with it and you will see results.

I'm new to the group too and everyone is so supportive and this is a great place for advice, motivation, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted! Wendy

I am certainly not an expert in this department, but I concur with Ajock. You need to add a little more variety to your workout schedule. If you could incorporate strength training on Wednesdays and Fridays and continue your cardio on Mon., Tues., and Thurs., you most likely will see some results. Welcome and Good Luck!:)

Thank you very much for the help. I will look into buying some of the videos you suggested. I'm sure I will be having more questions as I am making changes. Thank you for the advice and support.

I concur with everything that everyone has written so far. You need to incorporate some strength training. Look at Muscle Endurance and the Power Hour to start. Great total body workouts with good abdominal sections at the end. Also, for abs I work mine 5-6 times a week, you need to work the muscle to define the muscle. Once you get your abs where you need them to be, it is pretty easy to maintain. I will also recommend Kari Anderson, Curl. This workout is ab training in 20 minutes flat and it works. Good luck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.