I'm a Cathe Retread

runninggal

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and Cathe-ites,
I am new to this forum, but not new to Cathe. I go back to the Step N Motion years, with the Dance France leotards, lace tights and big hair. I was an Aerobic-aholic all through the 80's and most of the 90's. Then, in 1998, I left The Step behind, chucked my drawers full of leotards and returned to running (my first love).
Over the past 5 years, I have incorporated strength training into my routine, both at home and at the gym. However, I wasn't getting the results I was seeking, even with a "Personal Trainer".
Then, out of the blue, I flip by a new channel on my TV (FitTV) and there is Cathe, looking fabulous, buff and performing strength training routines! What a thrill!
I have since ordered 4 DVD's. I am currently doing Pyramids and PH. Love it!
I'm forty-something, have 3 little boys and I am in better shape now than I was in my 20's.

It's great to be working out with you again, Cathe :)

Hi, runninggal! Retread, I like that, LOL! Running's long been my first love too but I've had so many foot woes, well, won't bore you with the details but I am happy that Cathe's fantastic workouts perfectly compliment the few miles I get away with these days. Impact on the step is less a problem and the strength workouts have given me some lovely muscle that help prevent recurring injuries. I am a pro at modifiying and recently discovered, thanks to the beginner intermediate workouts where I upped my step height, that this long-legged gal can do 10 inches, further reducing impact and getting a k-k-k-killer workout! LOL! It's a perfect fit! Welcome back!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver

Thank you for the warm welcome, Bobbi. I too have suffered with various running related injuries (PF,post-tib tendonitis, and most recently, ITBS). Unfortunately, these maladies seem to go with the territory, especially as we "mature." I was running 30-40 miles per week for years. At present, I am running a very conservative program. I run every other day and run by total minutes, instead of miles. This injury has been very frustrating, BUT it forced me to cross-train and find other activities to enjoy, not just running.

You are so right about building muscle in order to avoid injuries. That is exactly what I am using Cathe's tapes for.

Keep sharing.

Sarah

;-)

I hear you, Sarah. I've one achilles tendonitits, ITBS and PF,w hich was my worst and the one that has me running half as many miles. I no longer wear my watch and fret over my time and I am content with 20 miles a week! Cathe's workouts are wonderful and I feel lucky to have such a well-rounded program and to have learned that it is better to strive for longevity than intensity! :)
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.