If your husband offers.....

Yay Debbie! Enjoy yourself knowing that your boys are enjoying themselves and benefitting from some quality time with dad! You deserve it!

Good for you, Debbie! Enjoy!! Believe it or not, this little break is actually GOOD for your kids. Kids need to learn to deal with change, and to not take Mom so much for granted. So, NO GUILT! :D

You will come back refreshed. Taking some time to take care of yourself makes you a better wife and mom. Twice my kids have been gone w/ my husband for the weekend. I love the time and the quiet house, but then I'm ready for the chaos to come back.

Good for you, Debbie! Enjoy!! Believe it or not, this little break is actually GOOD for your kids. Kids need to learn to deal with change, and to not take Mom so much for granted. So, NO GUILT! :D

Not to mention when they become adults they will understand that some alone time is a part of any healthy relationship.

H#$*##$*#LLLLL YES!!! hahaha
I am a SAHM too and I would get away right away. I finally booked something in a few months just with my girlfriends...my first "away" trip. You must do it for yourself. Being a sahm is the hardest and least appreciated job in the world!!!

Debbie,

I am a SAHM. My kids are 8, 6 & 4. DH works 6 days/wk 10-12 hr days so needless to say he is not a very hands-on Dad, there just isn't much time.:(

The very first time I EVER left them was last summer to attend the Road Trip. I can not possibly express into words how wonderful it was to not be Honey or Mommy but just Wendy. Don't get me wrong, it was great to come home just the same (I won't even mention the condition of the house:eek:). But I had to reach down deep to remember who I was without all those "hats-on". It was truly cathartic. I give thanks to meeting some really great girls, a little wine and a lotta laughs. ;)
Before I left the guilt factor was through the roof. But I realized that the kids need a break from me as much as I do them! They didn't even cry when I left. (I demand some tears!!) :p
The best part of all is that DH has a newfound respect for "what I do all day."

I hope you have a wonderful time all to YOURSELF because you deserve it!

Good for you Debbie!......:eek: Have a wonderful time and get yourself a full body massage and facial! This will be a weekend you'll never forget......Cheers to you!

You have a truly wonderful husband that would offer to do that instead of going away for your anniversary! Take him up on the offer and go away for the weekend BY YOURSELF! Both of my girls are now grown, but I do remember the day when I just wanted 5 minutes to myself! (Both me and my husband were working full-time jobs and with my husband's work hours/travel schedule, I had to do pretty much everything with my girls and it was very hard!!) Don't let the "guilt" factor creep in because it did with me as well, but you know that although you love spending time with your kids, you do need a break from time to time! You need that and your husband knows that and respects that. Maybe sometime after that you can plan for a romantic night together and celebrate your anniversary at a later date. You definitely need the break!!

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.