If you had to give up high heels or cardio.......

LauraMax

Cathlete
which would it be? I was joking w/my podiatrist last night that I would NEVER give up my high heels, regardless of the pain they caused me. He asked if I had a choice, would I give up the heels or the cardio? I didn't even hesitate. I love my heels. I'm *ahem* vertically challenged, plus I just love the look. I figure I could stay slim by eating less & keeping up w/the weight training. :p;):D

What would be your choice?

I am vertically challenged (5'2") and I gave up the heels about 5/6 years ago. I have a bone in my foot that hurts in heels. I wear pretty flats instead. Heels don't really make you look taller. Its not like they are invisible. I would not give up my free antidepressant aka cardio. No way, no how.

Well, I'm 5'7 so maybe I don't have the same perspective as others, but for me, the reason I'd wear high heels is to show off the results of my hard work...I really don't wear them (even though I love them) because of the danger to myself and others when I totter around like a five year-old playing dress up. :eek:

Gave up high heels years ago but where I live you could kill yourself trying to walk in them plus you would look silly. That is just where I live--wish I had occasion to wear them.

I had to give up wearing heels about 2 years ago, so the decision has already been made-give me cardio! I'm vertically challenged too but it's better for me to be short than have the pain in my arse(literally!) that high heels caused me :p

I would absolutely give up heels over cardio. I'm 5' 2" and love feeling taller in heels, but after an hour or two of wearing them, I feel like I'm walking as if I've had a couple of glasses of wine - all wobbly and unsteady. I have found that wearing platform wedge sandals are much, much more comfortable that traditional heels. I get the height I'm looking for, and I can literally wear these all day (Aerosoles makes some really nice styles that don't look like, as my kids say, 'grandma' shoes) :)

Karen

I've had to make this choice. High heel shoes wreak havoc on my feet, causing bone spurs and arch pain. These aches and pains made me take many forced rest days. So I gave up high fashion shoes for my workouts and I haven't regretted it for a second!

But, to each her own. My grandma owned about 100 pair of designer shoes, so I get that shoes can be very important to people. :)

I'm short too (5'2) and always feel like I should wear heels more often: a) to make me look taller, and b) so I don't have to keep hemming my jeans, lol. But 9.5 x's out of 10, the flats win. I had to just realize that I am not a heels girl, except on rare occasions, so I buy the cutest flats I can find. (also totally agree about the platform/wedges shoes, I'm sooo takin advantage of those being back in style, I don't count those when I say "heels")

Buuuttt, I despise cardio! ( love weights!) so, I'm feeling like it's a lose lose situation here....

I'd keep the cardio and give up the high heels if pressed to make a choice.

Since I'm a little over 5'8, I don't need high heels for extra height. However I love the way my calves look when I wear them.:)

Oooooh, good question. I'm a stay at home mom so I don't have an excuse to wear heels all that often. I wear them to church and when I go out on date night, but other than that not too much. But, I do love my heels when I wear them. But I think I'd have to go with the cardio.

which would it be? I was joking w/my podiatrist last night that I would NEVER give up my high heels, regardless of the pain they caused me. He asked if I had a choice, would I give up the heels or the cardio? I didn't even hesitate. I love my heels. I'm *ahem* vertically challenged, plus I just love the look. I figure I could stay slim by eating less & keeping up w/the weight training. :p;):D

What would be your choice?

Cardio for me. Heels on rest days :p

I've pretty much given up heels anyway thanks to knee/hip/ankle issues. So, not even a question for me. It seems like I've fogotten how to wear them! :rolleyes: I often end up twisting an ankle or some such nonsense!:eek:

NEVER gonna give up my cardio!!

Pam

Ain't nuthin' gettin' in the way of my workouts! I put my back out yesterday morning during a rowing workout and still walked to work - and then did my push up challenge this morning! 40 push ups - and didn't hurt my back! High heels aren't worth it. I stopped wearing them 22 years ago. Sure, I'd love that sexy look, but trust me, it ain't the shoes that make the woman. My feet and ankles don't deserve that torture and I'd rather be running.

Last edited:
cardio cardio cardio

I haven't worn heels in a long time. I teach college biology, so walking around the lab in heels always seemed like it would be too: uncomfortable. And since having kids...date nights are rare. Having little need (or motivation to buy heels) is a good thing since I have developed knee and feet issues from years of pronating. When I had to give up cardio for about a month last year because of my knee, I thought I would go insane!

So even if I could wear heels comfortably, I think I would go for the cardio.

p.s. I am in the vertically challenged club (5'2" on a good day).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.