iCycle? (iTrain)

cjbate

Cathlete
Anybody got any recommendations for me for what iCycle to try? I have several iTreads and although I am a walker wannabe-jogger, I really like them. I probably need to cross train though with something less stressful on the joints.

Does anyone have an iCycle recommendation for me? I am a total beginner at "spinning" and am thinking about taking the class at my new gym as soon as I get over the intimidation factor. Is there an iCycle that won't totally leave me crawling away never to try it again?

Thanks!
Jen

Hi Jen.

I don't have any recommendations for you as I only have one ICycle and don't do it very often but that's just cause I've fallen out of the spinning thing for a while.

Anyway...I just wanted to say that the work out I have and did a few times emulates a spin class wonderfully. I say just pick a shorter work out and go for it! You can modiy all you want and no one will know!;)

Don't be intimidated by the class though...any good spin instructor will stress taking it slow and modifying the first few times you spin until you get acclamated to it.

HTH a bit!:)

I want to also encourage you to try the spinning class at the gym. I am a spinning instructor and I encourage everyone to come to my class. Any good instructor should be able to give an appropriate class for both a beginner and an advanced spinner in the same class. They should be giving you modifications during the entire class to make it appropriate to you. Let your instructor know you are new and they should take care of you.

That being said, if you are still nervous I have a tip that I give all new spinners. No one knows how much resistance you are using during the class. You are completely in control of that so no one know how hard you are working. Go for it and feel proud that you are willing to put yourself outside your comfort zone and try something new.

Good luck.

Shayne

I have most of the icycle workouts. The thing that makes me like certain ones compared to others is the music. With that said, these are my favorites. I like icycle 11 (40 min), icycle 21 (40 min), icycle 20 (40 min), icycle 16 (40 min), and icycle 14 (45 min).

I would say most of these workouts are similar, like I said I just like the music more in the ones listed.

I understand about the intimidation factor about taking a spinning class, but it is really fun. People in the class are working so hard they don't even notice what you are doing, believe me! Let us know how you do.

I like both iTri workouts. The first (I think it was in the iTread 8 collection) is better than the second (Set 12 of iTread). They have treadmill, elliptical, cyle followed by treadmill again and take about 70 minutes in total. I have downloaded some iCycles, but prefer to tuck my cycling in with running and elliptical work rather than on its own.

Something for you to consider...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.