ICE results? Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm new here....

kathydaffy

Cathlete
Hi all! Based on the posts I've read everyone is so inspiring! ICE Upper Body is my first Cathe DVD and I was wondering what sort of results people have had? I'm able to make it through the main workout without a problem (well, push-ups are still a work in progress) and with heavier weights but I was just curious as to what everyone thinks. Rock'm Sock'm and the Metabolic workouts are arriving tomorrow - I'm a bit nervous after watching the previews? Is it do-able for a newbie like me? I don't have a lot of equipment but after the upper body ICE I was inspired to try others. Any feedback would be welcome! :)

Hi Kathy! I'm new to Cathe as well. I purchased the entire ICE series and am in the middle of my second month, level 2 rotation. I absolutely love it! ICE Upper Body is one of my favorites. Actually I think they are all my favorites. I prefer the step Cardio 2 to Cardio 1. I am following the rotation so I have done Rockm Sockm 3 or 4 times. I finally made it all the way through including the MM this week. Metabolic was today and its a wowzer! I thoroughly enjoy the workout. I have found that I have to tell myself to get through the first half because the second half seems more doable to me. I'm not sure why though. Good luck!

Thank you RanchMom! It's encouraging to hear that you love the program - I don't really know how to add a rotation when I only have 3 of the ICE DVDs but you've cheered me on! We'll see how I feel after I try Rockm Sockm and the Metabolic routines (I'm guessing totally sore and exhausted!) - if they're anything like the upper body I'll be buying more! I understand what you're saying about getting through the first half - to me it's sort of like HIIT. When you manage to do the first two rounds you have to stick around for the second two or three! Thank you so much for your feedback! I've been a regular follower of Jessica Smith for years and love her but I felt I needed more weight training; I watched a few Cathe ICE videos and while I know I'll be modifying big time I'm really impressed with the upper body and Cathe's sweet personality. Thank you again and I'd love to hear about your progress! :)

Kathy,

Welcome! You are going to want the whole series because every workout is great.You will have so much fun with Rock Em, Sock Em. Like RanchMom, I'm in the middle of Level 2 Ice rotation. I have MTB with chest on the schedule for today-so I must be a day behind her. Cathe will increase your ability and desire to lift weights and build muscle. She has lots of great lifting programs. One of my favorite dvds is Pyramid Upper and Lower Body. Check it out!

Beth

Thank you Elise and Beth! Where can I find the rotation schedules (yes, I'm clueless!)? As I said I don't have all the DVDs but I didn't realize that were levels in ICE! I would guess I'm at level - 0 LOL but if anyone can let me know where to find the level details that would be great! Thanks so much! :)

Hey Kathy, here is the link to the guide for ICE which has many different rotations included in it:

cathe.com/ICE

Level 1 is the easiest/beginner rotation, and the levels get harder with more add-ons included.

I absolutely LOVE Rock'm Sock'm so I hope you do too. Metabolic Total Body is definitely tougher. I'd say stay with the lighters weights the first time through just to get used to it.

I'm so glad you found Cathe! I had known about her for many years but only truly discovered her a few years ago. Honestly, a life-changing discovery. She is wonderful!

Thank you Catwoman for the link and the advice! I just got both Rock'm Sock'm and MTB today... not sure which one to try tomorrow but I'll take your recommendation regarding MTB since it does look pretty tough. :)

I just did Rock M today, and I loved it completely. All segments, all the music, all the way through the stretch, then I meandered into the Premixes and was all glittery-eyed at the combinations. The one timesaver premix I am definitely going to use is just the warm-up and the combo's, no blasts,etc. Kickboxing is the best warm-up for weight lifting for me, not entirely sure why, but I think it has something to do with raising a bit of aggression for the heavier lifting.

Btw, welcome to the forums and your dog is my adopted dog of my next door neighbors (if that makes sense).

Thank you DirtDiva! I LOVE the pre-mixes on Rock'm - I just tried one that was punching only since I was short on time. Can't wait to check out the others on all the Cathe DVDs I've ordered since buying my first ICE routine! She's got me hooked (no Rock'm pun intended)... I'm now doing the XTrain Super Cuts, Burn Sets, Chest/Shoulder/Back, Bis & Tris and love them all!

I have two golden boys - that's Murray in the picture (looking humiliated). The other is Moosie. Furballs are the best! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.