I need spin bike info

momto4

Cathlete
So I've been wanting a spin bike for a while and I'm thinking of purchasing one in the near future. While I haven't decided on one in particular yet, I do know that I don't want to spend a fortune on one. I am wondering, what kind of maintenance am I looking at? Will I have to replace things, oil things, etc. I've done a bit of research online but would like to hear from someone with first hand experience.

My DH and I just purchased one in November. So I can't tell you much about maintenance. But this is the one we got and then my mom decided to buy the same one 2 weeks ago. It doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles. Such as no cup holder and the handlebars don't adjust forward and back. They do go up and down though. And it's a chain driven one so a little noisier than the more expensive ones. But if you're bringing it during a Cathe spin DVD workout you don't hear any noises at all except your own breathing :eek:

Amazon.com: Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike: Sports & Outdoors

I got a Sunny from Amazon, last year. Not fancy, no maintenance yet, and I use it about twice a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.