I need advice from the pro!

Hi Cathe,
I have bursitis in my shoulder and can't do any upper body weights.
Should I do leg routines three times a week with a rest day in between, or only twice a week?

Also, I am new to your workouts and working out at home.
I Have all of your weigh programs, STS, GS, PLB, PS, 4DS SH.
And all of your cardio curcuit DVD except CTX (on my wish list).
Should I do the STS leg DVD 2-3 x each week? Or perhaps something like...

Week One: PLB M/W/F
Week Two: GSL M/W/F
Week Three: PS (lower body) M/W/F
Week Four: PS (lower body) M/W/F
What would you suggest?

Thanks so much, you truly are an inspiration!
Mary:D

thats what i would do. can you do biceps/triceps/abs without your shoulder getting irritated? if so i would do 2 leg days, 2 days of the above with some HITT cardio, and 2 days of steady state cardio

I think you can safely do strength training--lower body only--2 or 3 times a week. Just listen to your legs and if you feel excessive fatigue doing 3 days a week, take it back to 2 days a week.

Regarding a rotation, I have had wonderful results doing one STS lower body workout once a week and then a second lower body workout that same week of a different kind. For whatever reason, this has completely transformed my lower body. So if you want to incorporate STS, you might be able to do something like (note: this is for a three day a week rotation):

Week 1 -- STS Disk 3 (I think that's lower body)--M
PLB--W
STS Disk 3--F

Week 2 --STS Disk 6--M
GS--W
STS--F

and so on.....

This way you can at least follow the lower body STS rotation. These STS lower body workouts are tough, though, so you might want to consider just two days a week if you are going to use STS with the second workout being a non-STS workout.

Do you have Butts and Gutts? My absolute favorite thing to do during the first mesocycle of STS was STS one day a week and the B&G Leg Blast premix the second day a week. This is when I got my best results.

I hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Thanks so much for the responses :)
That STS legs idea is such a great idea!!!
I think that I will give it a go next week. I do have Buts & Guts, so I
will pre-view it tonight and try it next week.

Mary

Hi Mary! Good luck with your shoulder. Until it heals, keep doing your therapy work for upper body and train your lower body one to two times per week for the first month as to not jump into to doing too much too soon and developing an overuse injury in your lower body. Down the road, I don't think you need to do 3 times per week every week either. I would do 2 times one week an three the next week.

It is also a good idea to do cardio two times a week in addition to your leg workouts. Also, your leg workouts should be varied and non-repetitive within the same week. For example Mon: STS LEGS....Wed: Butts and Guts...Fri....Legs and Glutes. Be very careful not to use weights in your hands with these workouts as this will most likely slow down the progress of your shoulder healing.

Also, if supporting your weight on the stability ball ever involves upper body, be very careful that your shoulder isn't compromised...if it is, pass on that exercise.

Good Luck!

Hi Cathe,
I have bursitis in my shoulder and can't do any upper body weights.
Should I do leg routines three times a week with a rest day in between, or only twice a week?

Also, I am new to your workouts and working out at home.
I Have all of your weigh programs, STS, GS, PLB, PS, 4DS SH.
And all of your cardio curcuit DVD except CTX (on my wish list).
Should I do the STS leg DVD 2-3 x each week? Or perhaps something like...

Week One: PLB M/W/F
Week Two: GSL M/W/F
Week Three: PS (lower body) M/W/F
Week Four: PS (lower body) M/W/F
What would you suggest?

Thanks so much, you truly are an inspiration!
Mary:D

thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you Cathe for the great advice. I would never have thought to NOT include hand weights while I exercise my lower body. I am really glad to hear that I shouldn't do the same workouts each week in a row, I may have just done just that if you didn't mention it! Oh, I have sooooo much to learn (lol).
Thanks again!
Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.