I made it through surgery!!!

nurse34

Cathlete
And it was not that bad!! Tore that lateral meniscus the first week of October and just had the surgery today. I have no pain at this moment and its been over 11 hours. I have a huge bandage over my knee that I can't move for 3 days, but overall I am okay. They gave me crutches but I really don't need them, but I know I want to follow the instructions like I am supposed to. I just want everything to go smoothly so I can workout with Cathe hopefully next month!! The interesting thing here is that it doen't hurt to bend anymore YEAH!!!

Go YOU ! But... (there is always a but) I did great the 1st day, walked without any cane, felt no pain, etc. But by the 2nd day I was screaming in pain when trying to make myself exercise the knee. But... by the one week mark I was able to walk pretty good. But... I have no meniscus left and my knee is not yet to the point of able to jog after 6 months.

But.. I hope you do great, best of wishes, and a speedy recovery ! Just take it easy and do the rehab exercises.

It was laproscopic- I was in there for about 45 min. Overall, I went in to the hospital @ 8:30 and was out by 1pm. Thanks for the encouraging words. How are you Beth? I hope everything is well.Talk to you soon.

Aren't you going to be thrilled when you can exercise (or even walk) without pain? I'm always happy when someone isn't in pain anymore.

How great to hear it! I hope that the healing process continues to go smoothly so you can be back to working out in no time!!

Great Lisa! I'm sure you are glad it's over and now, you can recover and get ready for STS! I hope your pain stays away and you're like new in no time! HUGS!

Qusetion about your surgery

Hi nurse34,

Glad to hear your surgery was a success. Hope you are feeling better and getting back to "normal" activities. I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions for me:

My husband who is just a few years older than you is contemplating surgey for his torn meniscus. But he is having difficulty making a decision because he would prefer meniscus repair versus removal. Was yours a repair or a removal? If it was repair, what qualifying factors were present that allowed you the repair vs removal? He was told he could get the repair if he wanted but ther wasn't a 100% guarantee that it would heal properly give his age. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Maria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.