I love my Mina Fina activewear!

lorrayne

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Well, I had to share this with you. I received a gift certificate from my sister for fitness clothing at a local shop. After chatting with one of the people there, I decided to try a Brazilian manufacturer called Mina Fina. It's a one-size fits all (apparently, several of the Brazilian manufacturers do this). I was skeptical but decided to try one of the outfits. It fit like a glove. The fabric is wonderful and appeared to keep my pretty dry (I even wore it during L&G!). It even had some support in all the right places! Of course, I had to shorten the pants a couple of inches. However, it was only two instead of 4 inches for my KOS USA pants!

Anyone else try Mina Fina activewear? I got mine from http://www.sandiegofit.com/mina-fina.htm.

Lorrayne

One size fits all? That is an interesting concept. What about heavier-bosomed women. Will you need extra support during cardio?

Marla

Hi Marla,

According to the website, all Mina Fina pieces are one size fits all (Fits most bodies sizes 2-8). I'm narrow around the torso, but am full in the bosom. I would go with extra support with these pieces....

Lorrayne

Thanks, Lorrayne. I try these out.

You know? This forum is dangerous. You guys sure know how to make me part with my money.:eek:

Marla

Very nice collection, although, some of the tops look better suited for posing in than for working out in, I mean, your boobs will be spilling out all over! Should definitely get some attention at the gym when you lean over to do one arm rows!! And some of them look suspiciously like they have a "push up" element factored in!

Clare

Clare,

I thought the same thing initially when I looked at the photos and when I initially put the top on (I purchased the long twist top with matching shorts and pants). I had to readjust myself a bit so I wouldn't look like I was spilling out all over.

However, I feel like I'm falling out more in the KOS USA tops than the Mina Fina top!

>Hi Marla,
>
>According to the website, all Mina Fina pieces are one size
>fits all (Fits most bodies sizes 2-8).

Cynical and nasty, I know, but sizes 2-8 is not "all". It's "some". Wah. :( They need to change their marketing.

Susan L.G.

Susan,

Unfortunately, it appears that several of the Brazilian manufacturers are targeting these sizes for their "one size fits all." On the flip side, those that have actual sizes tend to run small; hence one has to get a size larger than normal. If this is the case, I wonder what one has to look like to actually wear their size small????

You're probably right! Have you ever seen the measurements for Bluefish Activewear? They think people with a size 28" waist is a size large! However, medium fits nicely for those who where a size 6-8!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.