I just ordered...

what's a body fat analyzer? I'm intrigued, although at 12 weeks pregnant and getting porky, I have no desire to know what my body fat is:p .

You will not regret the full size step and the high step. My husband surprised me with a used full size step a few months after I discovered Cathe and I love it.

I also love my high step. I don't know how I got along without it for so long. It is so versatile and I love the extra risers, because I can make my regular step higher for weights.

Maggie

The body fat analyzer determines your body fat percentage...scarey, I know! :p

Initially I was going to buy the club step and the high step instead but I opted to wait on them since I have a step (smaller size) and I do have the fanny lifter which I have been making due with until now so I figured I'd buy the stuff I don't have first.

I am afraid to use the body fat analyzer (LOL) but I'm excited to see how my heart rate measures up during a Cathe work out!

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

You will love them both! Which heart rate monitor did you get? I haven't taken mine off since I bought mine! However, I was a little disappointed in the numbers after doing some Cathe workouts. IMAX II had me in my zone for only 12 minutes...total!!! I think it was because I know that one like the back of my hand, so I save that one for rest days.

PS...I wouldn't use a body fat analyzer while pregnant. It sends an electrical current through your body to measure how fast fluids are moving within. The more fat, the slower it moves. I wouldn't, just to be safe! Won't be accurate anyway, with a baby in the belly. Just my 2 cents.

The heart rate monitor is put out by Timex.

"I wouldn't use a body fat analyzer while pregnant."

I wanted the body fat analyzer for a while but put it off until I had my son for that very reason! It was hard to wait though! :p

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

YAY Wendy.. you will love your HRM. I am a little obsessive about mine.... LOL.... I bore you all with my AvgHR, MaxHR, calories burned but I love to see my performance broken down into numbers I can see.

I don't have a body fat analzyer but had my body fat analyzed at the fitness center where I work last fall and it was good. I can't remember the exact number but it was well within the range I should be.

Sarah,

I have the same issue with IMAX1 and 2. I get into the anareobic range for most of the intervals but then my HR drops during the step intervals so that I am only in my aerobic range for a fraction of the time and am actually below my target HR for much of the step segments. It is not a great calorie burnee either. The perceived exertion for me is high but I think its because of the intervals and I use it to get some anaerobic training in but that's it.

Cathy,

Glad to hear I am not the only one! I think that I use to stay in my range longer but since I have been using my treadmill for the past 6 months my cardio and pulminary system is much stronger.

I did Gauntlet the other day and I was SHOCKED that I was only in my zone for 24 minutes. I would have guessed way longer. HOWEVER...it did wack off 330 calories!!!

Wendy
Keep us posted on your opinion with the HRM. I've wondered if it will help my workouts or not. It is hard to tell if perceived exertion is truthful or not!

Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"

Thanks so much Wendy! I didn't "broadcast" that I put new pictures up because I don't think the pictures show the changes very well from Phase I to the end of P90X...everything kind of looks the same. However, in person...DH and I really see a big difference.

Anyway...thanks a bunch, you are such a sweetheart!:*

I really want a heart rate monitor, but I just can't get myself to fork over the cash. It just seems like an indulgence. I can't even find one cheap on eBay.

Donna, It is a luxery, that is for sure! One I am spoiled with and can't go without!

Put it on you Christmas list, birthday list, Mothers' Day list, Anniversary list...you would love it.

I ordered mine through www.heartratemonitorsusa and found their prices to be extremely competitive. I have ordered from them a few times and had exellent service.

Wendy,How can I get the Ormronbody fat analizer? Is there a web site you could send me ...I'm like sick of my scale LOL .It Lies !!! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.