I have Electricity....I HAVE POWER!!!

jtlane25

Cathlete
Okay...so the nasty hurricane "Ike" plowed through Houston....damaged all kinds of things....and there are so many people still surviving without power. I lost my power about a week after the storm. But, because of the loss....I was low priority to repair...so they told me yesterday that I could be NOVEMBER before my power was restored. Talk about angry!!!!! So, this is soo cool for me to say.....I finally got mine back!!! I did lose a lot of groceries.... 2 refrigerators....I have been a mess!!! But, all of my frozen food I did find a home for to help me save that stuff (Although we did lose all of our ice cream = 6 different containers full of that delicious stuff to toss---I was bent!) I had 3 freezers full, including a deep freeze! Ugh.... I am soo grateful to have my A/C back! I checked this AM...and with windows open inside the house....I had 88% humidity!

I missed my DVD workouts! I did free style weights to the candle light in the mornings....and my cardio was a mix between me fiddling on the step making my own routine (to no music----don't point and laugh)...and then my recumbant bike. Fortunately, the bike has a battery operated console.

It's so funny...the power guy came to the door and I was on my bike doing my thang....and after the lines were up and running again he nicely asked me on a date! I had to politely decline because my hubby would have frowned on that! Although, I wanted to jump and hug this guy for coming to our rescue!!!!

Walking away from computer saying "I still got it"!!! ....Giggle....

Hey Tanya,

Oh, you poor thing! I hadn't realized that you had been without power! And of course you've still got it! ;)

I cannot believe you got through all of these weeks without power!! :eek: How did you do it?? You are amazing to have such a good attitude. I'm so glad your power is finally back.

sorry you and others had to go through such a difficult time. i remember my first xmas in VA we were without power for nearly 2 weeks and i was 4 months pregnant. talk about miserable out in the middle of nowhere country b/c we had well water, there were no showers thank god for baby wipes!!!

nowhere near what you guys went through but i do understand and big ((((hugs)))) and glad to here you are okay

kassia

Congratulations Tanya.
My mom was with out power and she and my step dad lost all the food in their Refrigerator but they got their power back on the 4th day so they didn't suffer as much as you.

I know my mom said during the daytime she was trying to move as little as possible because it was so hot.

Saundra

I definately learned about playing with cards by candle light and telling spooky stories with flashlights. Also, flashlight tag was funny!!!! I believe that God has everything happen for a purpose....it brought us as a family closer by using each other as entertainment!!! Oh, life was simple...just wished it would have have been easier on us....and everyone else around here!

At least I got the luxury of enjoying my workout room by candle light....with the new paint job and all........

Saundra--where is your Mom?? Poor thing...it is HOT and humid here. Moving as little as possible helped. Houston is nice in sooo many ways...but the temp and humidity can detour anyone from moving here or visiting here Ugh.......

Thank you all for your well wishes. It's sooo good to be back online and back in the A/C world along with the techno world!!!!

sorry you and others had to go through such a difficult time. i remember my first xmas in VA we were without power for nearly 2 weeks and i was 4 months pregnant. talk about miserable out in the middle of nowhere country b/c we had well water, there were no showers thank god for baby wipes!!!

nowhere near what you guys went through but i do understand and big ((((hugs)))) and glad to here you are okay

kassia

Oh good Lord....I know those days from living in the country. You understand exactly huh??? And to be preggos...you poor thing Bless you!!!

Tanya thats FABULOUS!!!! My MIL had to "move in" for 12 days because she was w/out power til' last Thursday.... I cant imagine!!! We were down in my area for 24 hours...... ENJOY the A/C, the ICE and every other wonderful gift that electricity gives us!!!

Tanya thats FABULOUS!!!! My MIL had to "move in" for 12 days because she was w/out power til' last Thursday.... I cant imagine!!! We were down in my area for 24 hours...... ENJOY the A/C, the ICE and every other wonderful gift that electricity gives us!!!

Items I missed:

Coffee
Ice Tea
My husband having the fan in the bathroom for "potty time" ~~wink wink~~
A/C
Warm showers--cold just made it not so enjoyable
DVD workouts
Cooking (soo tired of eating out)

I'm just soo excited...I ordered SLEEP NUMBER bed...it's taken a month for a firm delivery date due to hurricane and power outages etc. And it's suppose to arrive on Monday. I was sweating it...literally). I didn't know if we would have the power to "gear" it up or not. Sigh.... But, yippie....looks like I'll get a good night sleep starting Monday night!!

Last edited:
You actually had the discipline to lift weights by candlelight? (Bows down, face to the floor...) I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Seriously, if you were able to do that much, then you are my hero. I live in Houston, too, but we were actually on vacation when the storm hit. By the time we got back (one week later) our power had been restored. I couldn't have timed it better if I'd tried. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.