I found a pair of awesome running shoes!!!!!!

karenvictoria

Cathlete
Finally, after many miles on many shoes I think I have found a keeper. Here are my issues. I overpronate, have heel spurs, and planter fascia in left foot. I have also had IT band issues in the past. So the thing is to get shoes that help in all those areas and the shoes are: BROOKS ADRENALINE GTS 8. Took a 5 mile run on them this morning and nothing hurt or felt bad. I had an awesome girl fit me at the running store the other day and she was spot on. I'm so happy and now so are my feet.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Oooh, Karen, thanks for the reccomendation! I have pretty flat feet and overpronate. For the life of me I can't seem to find a great pair of running shoes. I've even put running on a hiatus for fear of pain. I think I'll give them a try. Enjoy your new shoes!

Oh Carole, I'm so glad you remembered me. I have been doing so much better. I had a bad year last year. My Mom and Dad had many health issues as they are fighting some now and it just was a lot. Somehow I got lost. My dh and kids are doing great and they are my constant when dealing with my parents health issues. I"m doing so much better and ready to run again. I had taken a long span off of running to fix some injuries but I think now I'm ready to go again. Even with injuries I didn't give up wanting to run but LIFE just got in the way of giving me the strenght to run. Stress can really do a number on the body. I'm living proof. But now that my stresses have gotten into prespective I can being to realize why running is the perfect medicine for me. I signed up to do some 5k's and the Baltimore Half Marathon in Oct. I'm so glad to feel like I can go the distance again. Thanks so much for asking. My Cheetahs never let me down.

I'm really hope you like your shoes. Man they make all the diffence.:)
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Of course I remember you!! I am so happy to hear you have been doing better...:)..I can only imagine how your parents health issues can be stressful. Seems we all have to deal with that at some point. Glad your DH and kids are there to support you through some tough issues. Stress for sure can do a number on the body. I hear ya about the injuries! I have had my share during the last year. I am getting a grip these days myself. I have had some heel pain off and on so I thought when you mentioned these shoes, they might be good for me. It normally does not hurt when I run, mostly when I get out of bed in the morning. I have been doing some strengthening exercises for my feet which helps too. Good job signing up for some 5K's and then a half mary in Oct!!

I will let you know how I like these shoes when I run in them the first time...:)

Karen..I ran in these shoes today. WOW, they felt great and I ran farther than I have in 6 months!! Thanks so much for the recommendation...
5.gif

I am going to go try these shoes on since I can't find any Mizuno Wave rider 9's anymore. I'll let ya knoe if I like them. Thanks for the rec.

I'm so happy to hear they work well on your feet. I have to say they were really a find thanks to the girls at the Running Store. Just got back on the forum today. Yeah!! Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.