I finished my first Triathalon today....what a feeling

JUJYGRL

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I did it! It was unbelievable. 2000 women all together. I am so pround to be a woman. Everyone was so nice and Danskin did a super job organizing the event. They divided us up into 20 seperate heats. Each wave of woman wore a different color swim cap and started every 4 minutes. A chip on your ankle band timed everything.

My goal was not to walk during the last seg run. As rubbery as my legs felt, I kept going. It was the best feeling in the world at that finish line. It's been years since I've felt this proud of myself.

I highly recommend it! Thanks again to everyone who wished me luck.

~Chrissy~

I'm so glad you're proud of yourself and all the others there- you deserve to be! Congratulations on accomplishing a tough task.

Thanks everyone! Heather, fortunately my legs didn't cramp up. I ate a bannana right after and made sure to do some stretches.

RE: I finished my first Triathalon today....what a feel...

Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment!! You should be proud.

Chrissy...http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble1/19.gif[/img] hearing how well you did and how good you felt gets me one step close to a tri!!! I am really proud of you for pushing yourself...:)...Carole

Congratulations!!

Do you think that having a goal like this causes you to have a better focus when working out? I sure do.

What were the lengths of each of the three legs?

Which one was your favorite to do?

Congratulations again!!!

Way to go, girl, enjoy your high, you worked so hard for it. Congratulations to you!

Congratulations Chrissy, I knew you could do it, and I'm glad you managed to keep running that last segment, as that's the hardest one.

Kit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.