I envy you who have hot summers

It rarely gets hotter than the upper 70's here in the summer. I took my kids to the pool the other day and froze my a%# off. (Of course that's figuratively speaking because there isn't ANYTHING I can do to get rid of my a$#.)

But I envy you people who have real summers. My kids didn't even notice how cold it was when they got out of the water but even though I paid $21 for day passes I couldn't take it any longer after 2 hours, so we left.

Oh well, at least I don't freeze in the winter.

I would gladly trade with you, Elaine! I just got back from the grocery store and as I walked inside I had sweat dripping down my face and back. Ick!x( I hate that you can't go anywhere (even with an air conditioner in your car!) without breaking into a sweat! I feel for the unfortunate people here without ACs! I think it's near 100 if not already 100!

I'm in Texas - where are you? 70s sounds REAL good right about now....;)

> I took my kids to the pool the other day and froze my a%#
>off. (Of course that's figuratively speaking because there
>isn't ANYTHING I can do to get rid of my a$#.)

LOL Elaine! You're too funny. There is not a thing this side of heaven that I can do either!!:p

Where do you live? It is still sticky here. The cold front is coming in tho as we type.:D Only supposed to be 80 tomorrow and Sunday!

Hey. The grass is always greener, but the lawn still has to be cut!

Kali

The grass is always greener... isn't it? You want to have hot summers like I have, and I, on the other hand, would LOVE to have mild summers like you have. ;) When I lived in CA, the weather was my favorite part of living there.

Today is a nice "cool" day, topping out at 84. But it will be back up in the mid-90's soon enough. Trust me, it ain't no fun! It's too hot to go to a pool - the concrete is hot enough to burn your feet, and the water isn't much cooler than the air temperature. And with the humidity so high, any water you get on your skin can't evaporate anyway, so there's no cooling effect. It's truly miserable. x(

I'm one of those unfortunate people with no AC..well in my car. Rush hour traffic is the worst...I get seat belt lines of sweat across my shirt....GROSS, I need a breeze. I love it when it tops out here in florida in the 80's ...that feels nice and cool aahhh. The rain is even hot x( yuck!
But I guess I'll try to be thankful for the blazin', scornin', fun summer sun :)
~Angel

I'd glady trade you. It's 100 here and the hard part is we have no spring to get ready for summer. It seems like one week it is raining and cool and then WHAM 90 and 100 degrees. I'm in Northern Calif. with A/C.

Colleen

Blimey! I'd swop you in a trice. Temps in the 70's are absolutely perfect, no more than that is required. You come live in steamy Michigan Elaine, and I'll take your humble abode. I'd rather freeze in the pool that sweat standing still in my own house.

Clare

I hear you Elaine, but I'll keep my hot summers, thank you very much. I'm in Cleveland and we've had a run of low to mid-90's and a lot of "moaners and groaners". But I LOVE 90's even coupled with the 90% humidity - and I don't run my air conditioners. I open all the doors and windows and turn on all the ceiling fans. It's just the smell and the feel of summer. Way I look at it - I waited all winter so I'm just gonna' suck it all in while I have the chance. I'm sorry for your 70's - that's chilly to me too.

Lorrie

As hot as it is here today, I will not complain as I hate the cold. I can't stand the cold weather! The heat doesn't do much for my appetite though as I have to make myself eat more. LOL!
Hope it warms up for you some.

Charlotte~~

>But I LOVE 90's
>even coupled with the 90% humidity - and I don't run my air
>conditioners. I open all the doors and windows and turn on
>all the ceiling fans. It's just the smell and the feel of
>summer.

I have to agree with you, Lorrie. I love the summer, even with the heat and humidity. I can't stand being in air conditioning all day, and much prefer windows and a fan. Wish I could get my office to agree! Only time I really want or need AC is when I'm working out (especially cardio) and *maybe* for 10 minutes after I've come back in from a really hot day. Otherwise, though, it just doesn't feel like summer to me.

You can switch with me!!! It's 115 here in sunny AZ. It's like an oven. The breeze feels like a huge hair dryer blowing on you. When you drive somewhere your car doesn't cool off until you reach your destination and when you get out of your car the back of your shirt is wet with sweat. I'd love some nice 70's weather!:7

Katie

Hey Elaine..come on over and run with me....In Shasta County Cal...my thermometer says 106 as I type...http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/6.gif[/img]...Carole

Okay Carole! I'll concede that the one positive thing about summer in the Arctic is being able to run any time of the day instead of only before the sun comes up!

I like an occassional hot day, but it's been unusually hot so far this summer - and it gets very humid here. I haven't been able to exercise and that's not cool. My pants still fit, so I'm not too worried, and it's only supposed to be in the 70's this weekend. So hopefully I'll get myself back in the mood tomorrow!

Please don't.:) Super hot here in Texas. We have pollution watches here in the DFW area as well. It's level orange today, which means pollution levels are mighty high, and people like me who suffer from allergies and asthma shouldn't be out and about. As much as I love Texas, I HATE this, not being able to go out much. I could trade weather forecasts with you today.

Yeah, it IS always greener on the other side of the fence.

Pinky

>Hey Elaine..come on over and run with me....In Shasta County
>Cal...my thermometer says 106 as I
>type...http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/6.gif[/img]...Carole

Waving hello from Sacramento :)

Colleen

>
>Oh well, at least I don't freeze in the winter.

I live in the North Georgia mountains-an hour plus from Atlanta. Hot 90 summers and yes it can get really cold in the winter. I love the heat but envy your winter! I do not like cold-esp. two years ago when it was below zero. I think God meant me to live on a beach in the tropics!!

Cheri

Carole - do you actually run in the summer time? If I do, it HAS to be early AM or it's just too freakin' hot I'd probably die! I don't know how I did it, but the year I started running (about 4 years ago???) I started in June and was so determined, I ran the whole summer. I'm a wimp now - there's no way I could do it these days...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.