I do not feel good

I keep checking here to see how you are doing and I'm glad that chocolate holds some allure for you (LOL)

Best wishes to you and your continued improvement.
-joy

Hi Clare,

I am new on the forum and from the UK and was wondering how you are feeling ? I think it sounds stress induced, and actually very much like pregnancy !

I hope you are feeling better anyway, maybe try out aromatherapy baths when you feel under pressure ?

Anna

Hi Anna:

I have been following some of your potings too! We re both British, but you're still in the homeland and I'm over here! I am feeling so much better. I had panic attacks but also a virus that hit me the minute I had to begin teaching on campus again, surrounded by undergraduates' microbes!!!!!

I did veg-out totally for a week, and now am slowly beginning to exercise again, but I have lost so much after one month without working out, so I feel like a beginner again. I hate that!!!

Let me know if you find any decent weight training videos in the UK because I am desperately trying to find some to encourage my elder sister to start taking care of herself and it is difficult for her to get the time to go to the gym. If only she would get a DVD player I could send her some Cathe DVD's....alas, electronic goods are not as cheap in the UK as hey are here. Or are they? Do you know how cheaply a DVD can be purchased in the UK? Where would I send her to look?

And I am decidedly not pregnant, although you are right, the symptoms are exactly the same as what I experienced the first time I got the shock of being told "honey it's nothing a little nine months can't cure..."!

Thanks for the aromatheraapy suggestion, but my style of therapy is a little feel-good shopping! As a gift card I once saw said: "shopping's hard, but somebody's got to do it..."

Take it easy Anna-Bernard and look forward to reading some more of your postings.

Clare (Londoner, and I do miss it sometimes....)

Hi Clare,
Glad to hear you are feeling better - it is always the way, when schools start up again after the Summer break, the bugs come out ! With my 3 children it is always sickness bugs at this time of the year, so far we have been lucky. I know what you mean when a gap appears in your working out routine, it is a nightmare to get the energy levels up again.
I have to be honest, Clare, there are hardly no decent strength training vids and DVDs in Blighty. We get a rush of them, usually by British Soap stars, at Christmas, and they are usually awful. Before my DH treated me to a NTSC VCR, I was ordering videos from Australia (because they are PAL over there)- I was collecting the Aerobics Oz Style (www.aerobicsozstyle.com.au) videos, and the Aussie Fit videos (www.nzshop.com or www.vidzofoz.com.au) because even though they are just average, it was better than nothing, they are very tame compared to Cathe, though !
I always look at QVCUK (www.qvcuk.com) for good prices, they can usually beat the high street. I know they are selling VCR's with NTSC playback for around £99.00s, which I thought was quite good.
DVD players are coming down in price though since they were first launched. You could try Comet or Curry's for value on the High Street. My sister recently bought one for all zones and it cost her under a £100s.
A DVD player is something we have to invest in.
Whereabouts did you move to in America ? My DH and I visited America for the first time In July this year, we had a 4 night break in NYC, and we just totally loved it. We can't wait to go back !
I ordered my first two Cathe vids today, 'Mega Step Blast' and the 'Wedding Video' and I am scared, because Cathe is one tough cookie when it comes to work outs ! I ordered mine from CK Sales as the exchange rate is better in Canada. Even though I am scared, I can't wait for them to arrive.
Wish me luck ! Great to meet you Clare !

Anna

Anna:

Good to hear from you! How are your kids?

I have never done either of those two Cathe videos, I tend to prefer the newer stuff. I ordered Step jam to try some older ones and have never used it, waste of money. When you feel ready, you have to try Powermax. It is still, 5 years later, my favourite of all of Cathe's videos, and if you read interviews with her on her website, it is her fave step video also. The moves are powerful, they flow into eachother so seamlessly, and the fit tothe music is superb, one of the best moves/music fits she has managed. When I first did it 5 years ago in Michigan with my baby taking her very quick nap, I could only manage the first two segments, then worked up to doing it all. Now I usually repeat the "put it all together" stage of the third one because my adrenaline is pumping so high during this number I have to go for it again. Once I've finished Powermax, I am a truly happy, satiated, empowered person.

There, you have my recommendation for the week!

I am in Ann Arbor, Michigan, so if you ever come out this way, let me know!

And if you ever want to chat, get more recommendations (I have 20 Cathe vids I tthink!), just write! Let us all know about your progress, OK?

Clare

I didn't read this properly but can I recommend that you get a DVD that specifies that it can play NTSC I know Cathe's dvd can play on the UK system but one of the things that some of the larger manufacturers of dvd are doing is blocking this on their machines.

I bought my dvd from Argos for £99.99 it plays PAL and NTSC dvd's its a good bargin buy as it was so cheap I didn't take out warranty at the end of the day if it only lasts 2 years it will probably workout as my yearly cinema charge and I would have used it aleast 5 times a week.

Babs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.