I Did It!!!

Cheryl63

I did my first Cathe step tape today! I bought the Wedding tape on clearance and decided to give it a try. It was a lot of fun and I managed the choreography just fine. I am new to step and was wondering if anyone can recommend another workout that has a similar level of choreography. I can't handle complex moves. Thanks!:)

Try her DVD Step Classics or Step Hits. Or, if you want something a little less dated you could get the Cardio and Weights DVD. C&W is probably the easiest to learn of her more "advanced" step workouts.

Congrats!

there is Maximum Instensity Cardio. It's 26 mins of hi/lo(mostly very high LOL) and 33 mins of step. Pretty basic choreography just very high impact hence Maximum Instensity. It's on the same dvd as Rhythmic Step and IMax. Imax is a very easy workout to follow but very intense as well. rhythmic step is a little more tricky foot wise but after a while i was able to complete it.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

I love Low Impact Step. It is a lot of fun and isn't as intense as some of the others if you are just starting out. It's also not as long, it's 40 min. The basic step + body fusion isn't as fun, but it's very basic if you want something like that. I'm not very coordinated, but I've found that it is possible to learn to do the more complex choreography. I now love Step Blast which is definitely a harder one to learn. It just takes practice. Have fun with your new workouts and I would definitely recommend Low Impact Step.

Amy

Hi Cheryl,

I also agree that LIS is a good choice. I would also suggest The Classics. The choreography is pretty basic and easy to pick up.

>Don't forget Basic Step and Body Fusion!!!:)

Do you think this would be too basic compared to the Wedding step tape? I have Kathy Smith's Step Workout and Power Step and Gin Miller's Simply Step and can do them without any trouble. How does BS/BF compare?
Cheryl

Excellent! If you didn't have any problems with the Wedding tape then I would try Low Impact Step and Cardio Hits.

Jo

Just my opinion...Basic Step/Body Fusion is good, but I like Low Impact Step better. I think the choreography is more fun, and I love how the intensity sections get your heart rate up there. I've read that it will prepare you for Low Max, but I'm too chicken to verify that.

I also recommend Step Heat and Step Jam. The Classics are, in my opinion, an awesome deal for the price. I've been known to mix-and-match parts of each workout.

I have the Kathy Smith step DVD, but I don't think it comes close to Cathe's choreography. But it's still a great workout! I always start out thinking it's so easy, but midway through the 3rd section my heart is soaring.

Best of luck and welcome to Cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.