I Am Trying A New Approach To Working Out!! Eeeek!! (kinda long)

RE: I Am Trying A New Approach To Working Out!! Eeeek!!...

And you didn't order it from me??? Just kiddin'! I hope you enjoy it! I'm going to try it out too!

just wanted to know how you were doing with your rotation. i'm too going this route. i think back to the way i looked when i did 3 full body circuits and 2 cardios per week and i loved the way i looked then. i have a bit more muscle now and i want to tone it down a bit. i just got the squeeze (wathcing it as i write). it looks amazing. can't wait to try it thrusday. i'm going to stick with cathes full body routines, the squeeze, and jari love. i want the long and lean look. this may sound pathetic but i have been watching the reality show on the dallas cowboy cheerleaders "making the cut" and i love their look. they are slim but have muscle tone and are petite. i want petite muscles if that makes sense. so this will be my current schedule:
monday: circuit/full body workout and 30 min cardio
tuesday: 45 min run with abs
wednesday: legs only (one of cathes leg tapes) and 30 min cardio
thursday: 45 min ellipical and abs
friday: circuit/full body with 30 min cardio
I'm thinking of getting winsor pilates but unsure. what do you guys think of these workouts?

Well, so far so good I guess. We have been traveling (we go back and forth from San Diego and Las Vegas). I have a great room I exercise in at in Vegas, but in SD, we live on a boat while we are here, there is enough room for The Squeeze workout which I did yesterday!:) And they have a marina gym that offers classes like yoga and Pilates, so I will be doing that too. I have the Windsor Pilates and its okay. I am going to have to get used to the different types of workouts for sure.

I walk for 45 minutes in the am when in San Diego, good exercise, its my main form of cardio here. When in Las Vegas, I use Cathe, and yes, I agree, I am going to fit in ME in my routine at home. Your rotation looks good, you let me know how its going. It is hard to change things, but lets see what happens!

Hi Tracy -

Please tell me which yoga dvds you used to chisel your upper body. I am also contemplating more yoga and less Cathe heavy weighted workouts.

I just purchased Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power yoga series.

thanks in advance! edie

Christine:

I have been reading about how yoga and pilates have helped you with your running, cutting down on recovery time, etc.

Would you mind telling me exactly which DVDs by Rodney Yee and Baron Baptiste you use to help you with your running?

Thank you,

Clare

Christine, this sounds really great. I had the same problem when I was lifting heavy. I ordered Slim Series and noticed a nice difference. I ordered Cathe's newer w/o's but will also lift light. I like the fact that she has the premixes where you can lift first then do the cardio in the same w/o. Sort of like BBC.

But I love your idea of alternating workouts.

Can anyone tell me if Squeeze falls in the same line as pilates?

Carrie:)

Is there a check-in for this newer approach to working out? I would absolutely check-in daily if there were enough people who wanted to give it try.

Carrie

I've also been trying a new approach. Originally, when I thought I'd receive Cathe's tapes at the end of Sept, I was going to alternate a Squeeze rotation with Cathe's new DVD. So that means I was going to do one week of a Squeeze rotation like this:

Day 1: Full Squeeze
Day 2: Stretch
Day 3: 30 min. cardio, upper body squeeze w/abs
Day 4: 30 min cardio, lower body squeeze w/abs
Day 5: 30 min cardio, power squeeze
Day 6: Stretch
Day 7: Rest

Then the next week, do Cathe's new DVD's with an extra day of lower body legs and a Stretch, then a rest day.

Since her DVD's won't come until mid Oct., I will do the Squeeze rotation above until the end of the month and then switch to Cathe's in Nov until my Aruba trip the last week of Nov.

I'm really excited about this...I love Squeeze...Tracey does not bore me and I feel more toned with her workout. I also can't wait to get the new Cathe's because I loved the CTX series...but what I'm really excited about with this series is that it is 4 days, which allows more recovery time and extra stretching and it's heavier.

Cathy

tneah,
hi, just wondering how everything is going. i haven't started my light weight workout yet b/c i'm afraid on going to loose my muscle yet i want to have smaller muscles. makes no sense i know. i just wanted to know how it was going.

Hi tneah

I too am wondering how you are going. I am thinking of trying this way of exercising too, right after I enjoy Cathe's new offerings though ;)

Kim:)

I bought both NYC ballet tapes and thought I would love them....but to be honest, I was never so bored in my life. I wanted to love them sooooo much because I used to take ballet, but I wound up selling both.

Not tneah, but I posted earlier about my new approach to legs, which was doing legs after cardio twice a week, mainly so that I didn't have to lift so heavy because my back was bothering me. After 3 weeks of that, I found that, my running improved and I had more endurance and my hill climbing was a lot better and more comfortable. The downside, was that I had no power when I rode my bike last week. So, I'm going to change again, and do 3 weeks heavy, 3 shorter workouts per week, then 3 weeks with moderate weight, and more reps twice a week. I didn't loose any lifting strength doing what I was doing, but I did loose functional strength.

I also commented on the impact of yoga. I use Brian Kest, and I like to tack on Tone after an upper body workout, plus I like Eion Finn and Shiva. Fluid Power by Shiva requires you to move your body weight a lot, and this has really helped my overall fitness. I have only done specific core work about 10 times since last January, but yoga consistently, and my core is the best it has ever been. Not to mention the faster recovery times and calmness.

Tracy

How is the Slim Series working out?
Which system did you, or anyone else purchase?
Is it challenging enough?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.