i am hooked on p90x

aseay

Cathlete
i did cathes chest/tri and did not finish the dvd!my arms were too shaky. i think its because she does 3 sets of 12 reps instead of doing 1 set of each body part then repeating with different workouts. so much variety. am i the only one who feels this way? i do think i will still enjoy many of her circuit workouts like bootcamp
off to do p90x+abs!

laura

Yep, I think you get more rest since you're alternating body parts. I like lifting heavier for 8 reps now also instead of 12. Enjoy your A/C+!

I definitely prefer the circuit set-up of P90X over straight-set weight work. After my P90X rotation, I found it hard to get back into Cathe's usual style of weight workout (straight sets).

glad i'm not the only one who feels this way! i plan on doing a month of gymstle but doing p90x+ instead of gymstyle upper body
next month body blast:

sjp
kpc
l&g
p90x+upper
sb
p90x+ total

something like that

laura

>i'm sorry if i sound dumb , but what is p90x? thanks,
Carmom - a question is never stupid! :)

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?code=P90XDOTCOM

There is the website. It is a workout system of DVDs - a 90 day deal, I do believe. There are several versions, varying in intensity/difficulty as I understand. P90x seems to be the most popular. You can see some amazing transformations on youtube. The DVDs are led by Tony Horton - they include some weights, plyometrics, yoga, abs, etc. I don't have it but have read a lot about it on these forums. Others can give you much better info than me, but thought I'd give you something to investigate until then!

>i'm sorry if i sound dumb , but what is p90x? thanks,

Hey there. Feel free to click on the link below and email me if you have any further questions on the X. I'd be happy to help. :)

thanks ladies for the info. i've already looked at the sites you suggested and i've saved them to my favorites so that i can return to learn more later. thanks and have a great day! joetta

Yes, feel free to ask if you have more questions!
There are a lot of posts on P90X around here, it's an awesome program!

My hubby and I purchased P90X and were all excited to begin the program after reading all the positive feedback and seeing some amazing transformations! Well, we didn't stick with it because doing those extrememly intense workouts 6 days per week was just too much! It began to feel too much like an obligation instead of fun and I always found myself feeling like I wanted to throw up after each workout... not fun! But I know the saying "to each their own" and P90X defitely was not for me! Also, I can only take so much of Tony Horton's silly comments, and the repetitiveness of only working with 12 DVDs. I have no doubt it gives amazing results, but for me personally it was just not worth it. However, I do LOVE "ab ripper X", that never gets old and such a killer ab workout!!

I am so very happy I found Cathe - she is IT for me!! I love, love, love her intense, yet fun with variety, workouts!

-CC :)

I was doing P90X and saw definite strength gains. However, due to the nature of the exercises (124+ pushups in one shot - amazed I could do it, but...) but I developed rotator cuff tendonitis in my right shoulder. I attribute it to the P90X because I have never had a problem in my life, and this happened about 2 months into doing P90X. I am seeing a PT and haven't been able to work out much at all for over a month. :-(
I personally didn't care for AbRipper either. It was very uncomfortable on my back.
The upside, is I do have the variety available now (after I'm healed), but I definitely prefer Cathe to P90X. I believe that STS will make my P90X DVDs obsolete.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.