Hungry...

beehappy

I know that if around 1600 calories of healthy food does not fill me up I should drink water and fill up on greens.

But recently I've been asking myself these questions:
(Gotta dig deep for 2013 right?:))

- Why I am hungry?
- What am I hungry for?
- Is it all stress?
- How do I dig deep enough to find out what is really making me hungry?
- What tools do I use to help fight the urge to have sugar during that time of the month?
-Does anyone else feel hungry even when they eat healthy?
-Has anyone else been down this journey?

I would love to hear what works for you!

I stay hungry. I've added green smoothies (around a quart a day) and the Engine 2 Diet kale salad to my everyday routine and I'm still hungry. After three hours, I'm starving for my next meal.

I recently went off birth control, and since then I've noticed my hormones fluctuating like a rollercoaster. Certain days I'm hardly hungry at all, normal hungry level, and then there's that week, or maybe just 2 or 3 days where I don't care what it is, I'm eating it.
Last couple months I end up gaining what I just lost that month in just days.

So looking forward to the responses. I think the only thing that helps when I'll eat the cabinet doors if I could. is to just be almost out of food at home. I almost always eat at home, so that would be the end of it. Unfortunately, many times the timing with when we need groceries doesn't work that way, have to think about the kids too.

I also have those days sometimes where I just feel so hungry! I call it the Hungry Horrors.

That's when I have more snacks of extra protein and fat... sometimes PB&J on toast, cheese and crackers, or a bag of microwave popcorn. Sometimes I just eat an extra protein bar.
Those things always satiate me on many levels and I'm back to my regular eating habits.

I hope you find something that works for you because I know how annoying it is to be hungry!

I agree with Jennifer....up your protein intake. Low fat greek yogurt is a great way to fill up without a lot of calories. If I get super super super hungry, I keep a bag of protein powder at work and I will make a shake. It's much better than hitting the snack machine! I use Jay Robb's whey protein powders. I have noticed that his are lower in calories than many of the other ones -- I think it's because he uses stevia. They taste amazing with juice! Particularly the pina colada and dreamsicle flavors....yummy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.