<<<<<hump day CHEETAHS>>>>>

lederr

Cathlete
getting us started. will be back with personals later.

i have cut and pasted monday and tuesday's threads into a word document so i can do them at work. if the forums are also blocked at my high school, i guess youse all will be getting it in the form of an email.

I HATE THAT THEY BLOCKED THE FORUMS!!! do they actually expect me to WORK?!?!?!?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Good morning, everyone!
th_happy-038.gif
th_happy-038.gif
th_happy-038.gif

Wendy :: thanks for posting the list. I have been trying to incorporate different potassium-rich foods, taking a variety of program suggestions to find the magic number, but doing so and trying to keep my calories down seems to be the trick. Yesterday, I managed a C because I'd had potatoes for dinner, one banana, two yogurts (each with a serving of wheat germ), milk, and rye bread...Oh, and I forgot to say, my weight is at a standstill also, which is befuddling to me as I have been on the straight n' narrow with the program.

Dallas :: I feel full on the program...sometimes it is hard to eat all that I have planned...I don't think I'm eating MORE, I'm just eating better...The WP is not a new one. Released in 2002. Yes, Mari is in it. She doesn't bother me. There is one thing she says that makes me stop grimacing in pain and laugh. When she introduces a segment of her signature moves, she says, "I actually call this series fetal thighs." There is something about "fetal thighs" that I find comical, for some reason. I'm confused--why do you need to check out a week's worth of threads?

Today will be a circuit. Have a great one!

Good morning ladies!

Wow, does it feel good to be back home! I miss eating my own food *lol* and having my own "me" time to visit with my Cheetah girls.

All in all the show wasn't bad. We were reserve champion (should have been champion but ran into some wonky judging the first day). The positive thing about the show was that we were staying right in downtown Mystic Seaport and, since we done early each day, we got to enjoy the town a leetle bit. I say a leetle bit cause no one was in a hurry to do anything:rolleyes:. They wanted to sit in the hotel, eat bad take out, laugh at the synchro diving, and nap:rolleyes:. We were in the most beautiful and quaint little spot and you want to watch TV?!?! What burned me is that, had I known that, I would have said "to he!! with you guys...I'm going for a run along the water then going off on my own". But I waited, and waited, and waited for them to decide what they wanted to do and then it was too late to do anything by then. GGGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Venting done now:p.

I *think* I'm going for a run this morning. Since I haven't gotten a workout in since Friday's awesome class I want to do everything *LOL*. I can't decide right now.

Gonna go get a cup o' joe and dig into personals.

Cathy - So sorry to hear what happened with Ang and Di's flights:(:(:(. You were such a doll to take care of em and check up on them. I've always thought that Wp looked like some kind of medieval torture;)...probably why I won't even attempt it lol! ETA (and how could I forget?): how cool about Lance!?!?!?! I hope you have wonderful time in Chicago and get to possibly hang with Lance for a bit.

Judy - Thanks regarding the pic...you're too sweet! How was golf yesterday? I *might* go out with DSO this afternoon...we haven't decided yet. Sorry you had to go to a funeral yesterday:(. Great idea with HSTA!

Dallas - WTG on your half....WOW!!!! Speedy Cheetah...especially since it was longer than expected! Nice score on the massage chair...bet that felt great after that run. We're back to CT but not nearly as far and a nicer horse show.

Wendy - Hey there LD:p:D! So glad you had a wonderful time on the RT. Yeah, figured you'd be feeling *very* festive on Friday lol! Uh, psycho girl, you actually did a workout on Monday?!?!? That qualifies you for "certifiable":eek:! Oh, hon, WTG at bowling *doin the happy dance*!!! It sounds like you guys are putting yourself right into contention. Good luck! Killer workout yesterday...ouch!

Carole - Wowee, you're pulling some great grades! Are you some over-acheiver or something:p? Congrats on the continued weight loss! You are becoming a serious enabler, you know that right? If I wasn't so busy right now you'd have me sold.

Christine - Welcome home and Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Sorry I missed it:(. Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Unfortunately I still have quite the show season ahead of me. There *should* be a break with the bigger shows after this last one coming up next weekend but then we three HUGE shows from the end of Sept through middish Oct. These are some of the most prestigious in the country and it's hard to get into them. You have to earn points through the year to get in...that's why the one horse has been campaigning so hard lately...we're right on the bubble of the point cut off.

I know the phone's gonna ring in just a second so let me post this and I'll be back with the rest in a little bit. TTFN!

Last edited:
Good Morning Peeps.

I have personals to catch up on from last night still! Here we go...

Carole: You have inspired me to get the best grades I can...atleast for now. I pre-planned today's menu last night and was able to create another high score with out eating the exact same thing I did today! This is more fun then school ever was! LOL

Karen: Yeah, some of the food suggestions are a little batty but I guess "everything in moderation" comes into play with some of it. As fantastic as Cathe looks and as hard as she works I am SURE she does not have the PERFECT diet 24/7. Who could live like that ALL of the time? Perhaps she eats Cookie Crisp as a treat on occassion! It IS very yummy you know! :) Oh and yes, the bowling league gives out a cash prize to every team at the end. The amount is dependant upon the spot you finish in. There is one league that gives away vacation vouchers. Ofcourse the best vacations are given to the top spots but still. EVERYONE gets to go SOME WHERE. I'd love to bowl on that league but the day/time they meet every week is horrible.

Jackie: So are you doing a BBC rotation now? Ofcourse I have several ideas flyin' around in my head for after I finish 4DS. You just added another to it! Thanks alot! LOL

Christine: An entire WEEK at once!? WOW! I could handle pre-planning a day ahead. I planned for today last night but that's about as organized as I'll ever get! LOL I used the shopping list from the program as well to go shopping y'day and then just added the extras I needed on to it. It was very helpful.

Cathy: I had the original Winsor series plus another 1 or 2 work outs. They were goodies. I really enjoyed them. I had to stop doing them when I got pregnant and then ended up selling them. They were VHS. I would re-purchase some in DVD form but TBH I have enough trouble fitting everything in as it is. Adding pilates to the mix would send me into a tailspin! LOL I can't believe IMAX2 is out of stock! ACK! Well when you get it and are thinking of doing it, let me know. Perhaps I will give IMAX 3 a go the same day to keep you company and share in your pain! ;) Re running Chicago...I would have loved to but I was not mentally prepared to train for it. The 18 miler was a much easier "pill" to swallow for me and even that was iffy for a bit. I considered backing out of it for a short time. Thankfully Shelly committed with me. I think if it weren't for her, I'd may have bagged it! Now that I've begun training though I am glad that I didn't. Anyway, I just wish our races were on different days because I would have loved to meet everyone out in Chicago to cheer you on and hang out. The marathon I am eyeing is the one that runs up the Jersey shoreline at the end of March 2009. I will have to see if the time in between the 18 and the full is realistic for me to train in.
I am convinced that Potassium is just not gonna happen unless I swallow a bottle of supplements every day! LOL I got A's in everything else y'day and will have the same today so long as I follow the plan I laid out for myself. That's good enough! I was so full y'day! I had to eat 2 pieces of fruit last night and it was hard to get them down! LOL

Dallas: GBG is Great Body Gauranteed and no it's not new at all. It was released way back when. I had it on VHS years ago. I sold the VHS quite some time ago and just re-purchased the series on dvd. It's pretty easy stuff and very short work outs. Good for a quick fix or an easy week. The abs work out is a goodie. I was hurtin'! I've run races that I swear were not measured correctly. I ran a 5 miler that I think was short by some for sure. I guess it happens. So now that you've completed your first half, what's the next step for you? Is a full still in your future??

Wendi: OMG I could have written your post about your coworkers not wanting to do anything in Mystic! It makes me crazy to sit in a hotel room and do nothing when I go somewhere touristy! Sorry you had to put up with that. It would've been mad too.

Lori: Emailed personals? I like it. :) .... Oh and I know what you mean-the nerve of employers who actually expect you to WORK! LOL

Last edited:
:mad:UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! Lost my second round of personals:mad:!

Take two.....

DSO just called and it turns out we will be having lobster for dinner....YUMMY:9!!!

Lorie - Sorry I couldn't sneak back to say goodbye at the gym on Friday evening:(. I'll bet you were having too much fun to notice though *lol*;). It was soooooo much fun to finally meet ya! You are a riot...where on earth do you get all that energy:eek:!?!?! Glad you had a fantastic time. Thanks for introducing me to some of the OALers...my kind of people:). Sorry the forums are blocked at work...how dare they?!?!

Karen - Great job on the TM run. ITA about time standing still. Sounds like you had a wondferul time on your vacay. Cookie Crisp:confused:?!?! Okaaaaay *shrugs*. You and your family conitnue to be in my prayers.

Jackie - Are you doing the original (Academy) series BBC or the new one? I ask cuz I just couldn't get into the Academy one but the newer one looked a bit better.

Gloria - Hope the vet appt went well for Pip. Funny about the doc having horses...it does keep you in pretty good shape...especially UB:D. I'd give anything to only have 14 right now *lol*. I think we're up to 25 or so?

Has anyone heard from Shelly recently? I talked to her briefly on the phone Friday morning cuz she thought she was going to make the step class but she was just way too swamped with the move and all. Just hope she's doing okay.

Sendin a shout out to Posh! Where are ya girl? Hope all is well with ya!

Gotta find the butt glue remover. I still don't know what to do workout wise. I should just put my sneaks on and start a runnin:D. Have a great day ladies!

Hi Cheetah YaYas

I wrote a post yesterday and was sure i posted it, but looking back on yesterday's thread, it isn't there. I'll try to rewrite it now.

Here is the scoop. While on the treadmill yesterday morning, I was at the 5.5 mile mark ( iTread #24 run intervals ) when a sharp pain occurred in my foot near where the PF symptoms of pain occur. I had to get off the TM immediately and hobbled over to the bike to cool down. Trying to bear weight on the foot initially was quite painful. so I immediately iced it and took ibuprofen. I had to golf because it was a guest day and I had 2 guests. At least we took carts, but walking even short distances on the hilly terrain was unpleasant. Since 2000 I have been able to self treat flare ups of PF with common sense, stretching and rest. But I have never experienced a sudden on set of sharp pain while running. Sorry to rant, I am just so disappointed about this right now. TG we have an elliptical. I'll be using that and the bike for a while now.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wendi- i am with you I would not be watching TV in a quaint little town! Good luck qualifying for the later shows. And enjoy that lobster tonight

Cathy-Hang on there and do not worry about the scale, the pounds will drop soon.Ii have had that issue before with stating a new food plan. It takes me a week or two to begin dropping weight, then it does happen.

Dallas- so you ran further than a half!!! yikes! maybe it is better that you found out afterwords!

Lorie- I'll be looking for your email later.

Carole- Wow you are doing really well on the nutrition choices? I'm still curious, but as I said. it is not financially time. Did you say you were switching back to Gym Styles? I am surprised I actually have chest DOMS form HSTA, but idid go heavy on the flys and there are many of them!

Jackie- What' s up today? Are you planning on running with your neighbor this weekend?

OK, time to get organized for he day here. I hope to be on later.

Last edited:
Judy - UUUUGHHHH, so sorry about your foot!!!! You poor thing! I can't believe you were able to play golf like that yesterday:(. How is it today?

Wendy - You and Carole are too funny with the little nutrition showdown you've got going:D!

Okay, so here's the plan. I'll save the run for tomorrow as my left foot was giving me a little grief yesterday cuz I was walking around in flat-ish slides for most of the day (know better than that...am better off in heels, go figure *shrugs*) and forgot to bring my Aleve with me to the show. So I'll start with 4DS HIS/LIS step and then (stealing Judy's idea) will do HSC (no cardio). Now I'm pumped:D. See yas in a couple hours LOL!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy – For you it Potassium, for me Omega 6. I only get B’s there. Sodium is high as well, but as I’m not hypertensive, I really don’t care. But keep at it. The weight will come off. For me, it takes a week or two for my body to realize I am serious, then the weight comes right off. The KB swing workout is fun. I enjoy it. Funny you mention pilates as tough. On the VF forums, a women was stating that she was injured and all she could do was pilates, and was stunned to find out how strong her legs were afterwards. There’s something there …

Wendy – Sooo, can ya walk today? Wow! You are into some punishment, aren’t you? Great job on the GPA yesterday! WOW!!! Keep in mind that when I do the week, I’m constantly revising. For example today for lunch I was supposed to have a salad, but I have left over chicken chili, so I will eat that instead. I also tweaked the rest of the day so my numbers were okay. But, at least I have a good foundation to start, and I find I don’t mind eating what I have planned as much as I thought.

Wendi – Hey cutie! I enjoyed seeing your photo and finally being able to put a face with your name! Oh man, you’ll be busy for a while yet! Ouch! I have my fingers crossed for your horse! Enjoy your much deserved run today! Amazing about your co-workers! How boring! Enjoy your lobster dinner! YUM!

Karen – if not for falling of the wagon, I’d never get any exercise. :D It is motivating to see how well everyone is doing, though. Good luck today!

Dallas – the days DO fly by, don’t they? I’m finding the nutrition program has us eating more quality foods. When I eat high quality foods, I find I can eat more and still lose weight. Makes sense – kind of like water – your body is getting what it needs, and sees less need to hold on to what it does not.

Hi Lorie!

Judy – Oh, so sorry to hear about your PF pain flaring up like that! That is not fun! Hope it heals quickly!

Oh I have no clue what I’m doing today. I have “Have Mercy” on my rotation, and I might just do it. :p We’ll see. I’ll let y’all know. I’m so happy to be home and eating well again. I feel so much better. I hope everyone has a great day! Oh yeah - GO PHELPS!! He's amazing!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...a 3.65 is very good! Are you weighing once a week? I think there is some kind of chat room on Yahoo but I am not sure. Maybe someone else knows. What seemed to kick up my Potassium yesterday was brussel sprouts. But I had taken a few supplements to. They are fairly cheap. For Potassium I eat bananas, apricots and raisin consistently. Good job with the run and Pilates workout. Enjoy your circuit today.

Lorie..sorry about work blocking you from the Cathe site.

Wendi...I have to say that once I start to loose weight I do get anal about clean eating...But I think because so many of us are using the nutrition software it is inspiring to get good grades...:)..It is amazing how good you feel when you get in all the vitamins and minerals. Also nice not to have to take the vitamins I was taking as I am getting them in foods I eat! Enjoy lobster with your SO. have a good workout today.

Wendy...My friend told me that they only make Potassium supps in 99 mgs. Something to do with too much is bad for your heart? I do eat many of the things on your Potassium list. I think we have all been inspired to get good grades...:)...IA way more fun than school!!

Christine...I figured out the Omega 6! Safflower oil, you only need like 1/2 a Tbsp to get in your RDA for the day! Sounds like you had a good workout yesterday. IA Phelps is amazing!! Did you know during his training he eats between 8,000 and 10,000 cals a day??? Someone posted it on the OF.

Judy..so sorry about the foot pain. I do know how aggravating that can be. I went through a few injuries at once last year. Do you think it is PF related? Yes, I am doing GS for a few weeks. P90X+ is a good programs but you do use your body more for the weight instead of actual dumbbells and I missed that!!

Dallas...nice of the kids to help with the older toys. With the nutrition software I think I might be eating a tad more, but it is all healthy. Thanks for the link to the Nunn tablets. WOW, so you really ran a bit farther than the half! Yes, that has happened to me!

Karen...SNM did answer my potassium question. The RDA is 4700 mgs. I got there yesterday. I can usually get in "Vita E" without taking my supplement. I will have to see what I eat that has it. Good job with the 4 miles on the TM. Glad to hear your Dad came home.

Jackie...well the swimmers did it again last night. Phelps is amazing. The womens gymnastics didn't quite go as I had hoped. Yes, it would be great if Tony had a Total Body "weighted" workout. Thanks re my weight loss. Looks like you are enjoying the BBC's this week.

So...I got....for my GPA yesterday......3.96!!!!! I had all A's except for a high "B" in Omega 3 by one silly gram...:D!!!!!!

Today is GS C&T, a coremax segment and a 4 mile run. The temps are hot again, 110 or so...

Have a great day...:)

Morning

My workout plan is cardio, legs and stretch. This nice part is I get to plug in whatever I feel like doing. ;) I woke up at 5:30a by ds5, and never fell back asleep. I decided to get the landscaping watering out of the way early. Now I'm ready to work out. :)

Carole ~ Woo hoo!!! You're doing great!!!! Can you "feel" a difference by eating better? Have fun w/GS-C&T and your run. I'm using GS this week until I figure out what to do. It seems I use GS as a filler a lot. ;) I sure hope your race was not inaccurate on a marathon! :eek:

Christine ~ Sounds good about the nutrition program. Have fun with Have Mercy! The title doesn't sound all that fun. :p

Wendi ~ I have trouble with flats and high heels...what's a girl to do!?!? :rolleyes: Hope your foot doesn't give you any trouble during your workout! Oh no, :eek: I'm not speedy...I was so happy to cross the finish line! ;) I thought I was going to throw up at mile 12. :eek: I think GU gels don't like me. I'm sticking with Power Gel. However, the man at the running store said GU was a better quality. Guess my stomach likes the cheap stuff. LOL Have fun in CT! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Judy ~ Sorry about the foot. :( I know I got freaked when my foot started hurting not long ago. It did hurt to put pressure on it. Do you think you'll see a doc? As for your post, did you hit "Preview Post" like I did the other day. I came back and thought **where the heck is my post?**. Then it dawned on me. :eek:

Wendy ~ Yep, I'll do a full in the future. :) I want to get more half's, 10K's, and a few more races under my belt before I take on the mental and physical aspects of training for a full marathon. Mentally, I can't focus on too much more at this point. I'm glad I can still join TNT for Sat long runs, but at least the pressure is off now. There's just too much going on here. :( Thanks for explaining about GBG. You have so many workouts I've never heard of. ;)

Cathy ~ I think I may have owned the WP VHS once. Did it come as a set? Was Daisy Fuentes (sp?) a spokesperson? I remember that "fetal thighs" for some reason. :) I think it's been a week since I posted??? I didn't have much time to lurk when I didn't post. I just like to see what you all have been up to, so I don't feel out of the loop! Ya know!!?!

Lorie ~ You found a way around it....emailing personals. :)

Hi to Shelly (where are you?), Posh (you too!!?!), Jackie, Gloria, Sunny, Linda, Karen!

Well, better get to it. I think breakfast has digested. :)

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Question?

How long does it take for the race photos to show up? I just checked the CDC website and they're still indexing them? Hmmm. DD took one, I'll have to post that one later.

Hiya gals!

Back from my Cathe-thon workout:D. Okay, so my sadistic side came out and I did 4DS HIS/LIS step and then *all* of HSC. I couldn't help it...I was having sooooooo much fun!!! I think it's the leftover enthusiasm from the Friday class:D. Although, I will admit that HIS/LIS was kinda kicking my bootay and that's not normal...my HR was way high the whole time *shrugs*. I honestly think that 3 days on the road eating out all that time has a lot to do with it. While I enjoy eating at fabulous restaurants they start to really wear me down after awhile. I can't tell you how yummy my salad with hard boiled egg whites tasted to me last night:D.

Christine - As I just said above ITA about getting back to "normal" eating!!! I think "Have Mercy" is probably my favorite title of those Spinervals...makes me LOL every time I see it. Glad you're enjoying the Olympic coverage!

Carole - WOW...3.96 is impressive!!! I can't agree more with ya about how great you feel when you're eating right! You've got quite the workout lined up for today...enjoy!

Dallas - For me, a 3-4" heel is just perrrrrrrrrfect:D. I LOVE my heels...maybe because I had to dance in them for so many years it just became comfortable for me. Yuck! Way to get through that last mile:eek:. I'm very afraid to try any of those gels...not very appetizing to me. The longest I've run so far is 11.5 miles and I didn't need anything save for a few sips of water so I'm hoping that will be the case when I hit 13. Either that or I'll have to cut up a granola bar or something? Can't wait to see your race pics!

Okay, must get cleaned up, like, now! I've got a little housework to do then I'm meeting DSO for lunch. Have a great day chicas!

Wendi :: Mystic is very scenic...one of my cousins lived in nearby Groton for a time. Too bad you missed it...Shelly has not checked in in awhile...Probably crazy-busy with the move. And I believe she wasn't sure when her internet connection would be a sure thing out there.

Wendy :: Oh OK, the OD Marathon? That one looks good. Most of the training programs I've reviewed range from 4-6 months, so IMO, your 18 miler will allow for a smooth segue into training for the full. Go for it!

Judy :: ut oh...that doesn't sound good about your foot...I hope the flare-up passes.

Christine :: good point--my blood pressure is fine as well...I would like to see better grades in potassium & sodium, but my main concern is the weight! Very interesting about the pilates. So far it's not getting any easier! Phelps is a phenomenal athlete. Love to see him rackin' up the medals.

Carole :: holy smokes!! A 3.96. Amazing! I am weighing every few days and seeing lots of fluctuating but not the kind of loss I'd hoped for after what I thought was a good start. Running in 110?? Hat's off to you.

Dallas :: I purchased the Buns & Thighs and Ab DVDs separately from Amazon. Don't know about Daisy...Hope they post your photos for you soon.

Good morning girls. A little late getting to the computer but none the less I am here. Today was a 5 mile speed interval run. Felt really good for some reason. I think it is becaue the weather is not humid at all. I'm loving these fallish days. Trying to eat perfect today and not fall prey to the party mix. I hope dh eats it all so it won't be there to bother me anymore. I'm so much a salt eater and not a sugar eater.

Cathy- Enjoy whichever cirucit you pick out today. I know it will be a goody.

Wendi- So get this. Today I was trying to find a food for Vit E of all things and it said a Cheese Danish. How cool is that. First Cookie Crip and now Cheese Danish. Why can't party mix be on my list. That way I could get perfect scores.

Wendi- That sucks to be in such a nice place and be stuck in the room. I bet it was hard not to get out there and run and see the sights. I feel for you.

Dallas- I love gardening early before the bees and bugs come out to get me. My tomatoes are in full swing and I have had pumpkins that are bright orange already. Enjoy your workout.

Judy- On my goodness. Thank goodness you do have an eliptical. I feel so bad for you. I hope it heals right quick.

Christine- i can't wait to see what you do for a Have Mercy workout. I'm a little bit afaird.

Carole- Holy Cow a 3.96. I won't even count the B. I'm working so hard on mine. Hopefully today I will manage something above 3.5. So far fooling with it today my Vit-E is still a C. I don't know. I'm going to go back and read the potassium answer. Of course they answer when I don't look but at least they did.

Hi all others. I'm off to organize the office. Come run and get me if I dont' return.

Remember me? LOL

Hi there….stealth Cheetah checkin’ in…

As usual it is busy times for me, but I actually have been doing an awesome job managing my time and getting MORE sleep this week to reduce my stress. Only problem is I don’t get much time to post…:rolleyes:

So I pretty much ditched using the Cathe nutrition program initially because I kept having trouble logging even while using the tips suggested and this began to frustrate me as I don’t have much time to fuss with that sort of stuff. Soooo, in the meanwhile, I purchased the book “You Are What You Eat” and then checked out Gillian McKeith’s site. I joined up with her club, did the nutritional analysis and have started her bootcamp. I am so glad I did this and now believe it was divine intervention that I could not get into the nutrition program...lol. All I can say is since August 1, I have:

Lost 6 pounds
Feel 100% better and energetic
Not one headache
Not one heartburn
and drum roll please…… I have NOT had to use my inhaler one time yet during a run! I am so happy about that! :D

Ok, enough of that since I only have a few more minutes…. I ran 11 miles Monday morning before work with my buddy who is also running in Chicago, and yesterday was elliptical and weights at the gym, etc.. .this weekend is our 15 miles. We’re moving along playing catch up this month since the smoke etc really ruined our July training…

On to some speedy personals I’ve been anxious to post….

First, I did not forget …

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE!!!!! Here let me find you some cyber cake…hold on a sec….

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/glittergn/happybirthday/birthday022.gif

Glad you had a fabulous vacation! Do you think we’ll get to really meet Lance? hmmm….

Cathy – HEY AWESOME ON YOUR 16 MILES!! WHOO HOO! You had me ROTFLMAO with your description though…lol. Especially the lime and patron remark re: the salt. lol. That was real funny because before I have made the comment that a long run comes with an added spa treatment benefit: A salt scrub! LOL :D

Dallas – WAY TO GO GIRL! I KNEW you could do it! And WOWZA what a great time too! Love the link to the NUUN tablets – thanks! Yep, I’ve had the course measure thing come up before…lol…You’re doing great! I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers…((HUGS))

Lorie – Sorry you got blocked! We aren’t blocked at the college (yet) but I hardly have time to do anything at work anyway, except lunch…lol. Hey, did you start the Gillian bootcamp?

Wendi – Wow, you’re really a busy gal! I agree, I would have drop-kicked the TV to the curb in the quaint lil town… One year right after Christmas, we took our kids to Monterey, Ca and stayed at a conference ground called Asilomar – right on the beach – it was the off season for conferences and got a good rate. It was so lovely and there was no tv. No matter, because one evening the kids and I made a 90 second movie from a silly skit we thought up and I tell ya, it was/is the funniest thing ever and we always “show” it to everyone…lol….we never would have done this probably if there was a tv in the room!

Wendy – Youse gals are crackin’ me up with your GPA obsessions! LOL. Sounds like you’re doing great though! Hope you get signed up for that marathon next march!

Judy – Awe darn it!, so sorry about your foot injury! I so much hate when something like that happens! TG is right you have the elliptical! My house is getting geared up for school etc too. And my pocket book shows it too! LOL DS went back to high school today and DD starts her senior semester at the private HS in Napa next week. It is called Oxbow School and I’m so happy she got accepted as this will really help with getting into some of the art schools she’s interested in applying for.

Carole – Sounds like you’re doing great on the nutrition program! Congrats on your GPA! You are the class Valedictorian! Oh and ppl at work yesterday were going on about Phelps and what he eats. I guess if you’re working out for 5 hours a day you sort of have to put in the energy!

Karen – Glad it went well for your dad, sending thoughts and prayers for your Mum. Uh, hem.. your food suggestions are pretty strange! are you sure your nutrition program isn’t linked to nickelodeon or something? LOL.. I’m afraid to see what it might suggest for calcium!! Hagen Daas ice cream?? :eek: LOL

Ok, my time is up! off to shower, pack lunch, go get my massage ahhhaah, and off to work!

Hello to Jackie, Linda, Shelly, Peggy Sue, Jim bob, John boy AND OF COURSE HELLO TO GLOOOOOO-OOO-OOOoo-ooo-REEEE-UUUH! LOL

POSH!

Last edited:
Posh- too funny with the ice cream. I would really be healthy then with ice cream, cookie crisp and danishes.

Question- So far my nutirtion for today is 3.5 with an F for sodium. I looked at the analysis and it says 2496 mg. Noramlly I don't ever go over with salt but today I ate deli turkey meat so i know that sent me over. My question is do you think that will really hurt me any. I ran today 5 interval miles and burned at least 700 calories and lost some salt I belive. Dont you think it would be ok to go over the salt for today or am I just hoping this to be true. I know it really isn't that big of a deal but I am curious as to what you think.

Posh- HI FIVE:D:D:D! for making some healthy choices and feeling so much better! So What does Gillian have you eating? Wow, school starts early on the west coast!

Carole- 3.96? You are really:eek: focused! Excellent! I did not realize P90X did not incorporate as many DB/DD exercises as Cathe. Right now I am really interested in continuing with more emphasis on compound exercises. I did LIC today with the cardio segments on the EXT and bike and there are some good compound moves in the weights sections.

Karen:) and Cathy:)- thanks for the good wishes for my foot. I decided to sign up for spin classes with DS's trainer.

Wendy- did you get your food shopping in ? I am heading to our town farmers market later today to see what looks good. so, do ya have more DOMS :eek:today?

Hi Dallas:D- I forgot what you are up to today, but I am sure your family will keep you busy!

I managed to to LIC see note to Carole above and the Yoga class. I had some trouble with the standing balancing poses. But today is better than yesterday. The yoga instructor was helpful in making suggestions. Wearing cross trainers instead of flip flops should help too. I do not know what I will do if I decide to golf and walk tomorrow.

Shoot!:eek: there goes a big thunder clap and we just hung laundry out to dry! Might have to go rescue it!

Hi Cheetahs.

I'm feeling beat up this afternoon. I hate to do it but I think I will be taking an unscheduled rest day today. Lifting is just not in the cards and I don't need any more cardio then I already have on tap for the week!:eek: I suppose I shouldn't feel bad after going on the RT and then not resting on Monday but I still do. :(

So I have been wondering if perhaps my calories are not set high enough in the nutrtion program. I am not an active person beyond my exercise so when it asked me for my activity level I plugged in moderately active. I am wondering if I should change it to very active? Any thoughts? I am 5'3" and weigh 130 pounds right now. The program as it stands has me eating between 1200 and 1668 cals a day. I NEVER go below 1500 and am usually right up there at the top of my range. Sometimes I feel like I am still hungry at the end of the day and other times I have to force myself to eat it all (like yesterday!LOL)....Ok, I just tried it and when I raise my activity level up I get a cal range of 1413-1913. I am in the lower end of that range every day anyway so should I leave it and try to up my cals a bit? I can't possibly be eating TOO much as it stands rigth now, can I!?!?! TIA!:)

BBIAB!

I’m back!

*High Fives Carole on GPA* Saffron Oil? Wow! I think I even have some! How simple! I can add it to a salad and all will be well. Thank you so much! And 8000 – 10000 calories in a day – Oh my! I think I would explode. :eek:

Dallas – Isn’t it nice to be done with the half? Now you can do what YOU want. Enjoy this time. I enjoy Spinervals – they are tough, but I feel great and accomplished when I’m done. So what did you end up doing? Some races take longer than others. I guess it depends. But I usually have the photos in a week.

Wendi – I love “Have Mercy’s” title, too. :p It’s funny (and too true…). You were sadistic today, weren’t you?! Wow! ITA agree about eating on the road. I, too, enjoy a meal out occasionally, but I can’t do that every night.

Cathy – I think we do need to be conscious of sodium, but as my meals are all “real food”, I’m confused as to why they have so much sodium! I do add it, but not too much. *shrugs* Who knows.

Karen – don’t you just love when a run is “ON!” I think that feeling is what keeps us all running. Have Mercy is a DVD by Spinervals – Coach Troy is an actual triathlon coach and he puts out some tough competitive training videos. I just enjoy them because they make me sweat. :p Seriously – if you’re not hypertensive (have high blood pressure), you don’t need to be as careful. One day going over will not hurt you. It is good, however, to be aware of it.

Posh! Good to see you! CONGRATS! On your weight loss and energy renewal! That’s wonderful! I did have a fabulous vacation, thank you very much. I’m happy to be back though. THANKS for the cake! I would love to meet Lance. *drools* I saw him when I did the LiveStrong ride, but did not get to meet him. That is one good looking man.

Judy – hope the foot feels better! Is that the spin class with the adorable instructor? *wiggles eyebrows*

Wendy – hope you get more energy! Don’t feel bad – I’ll bet you’re simply exhausted!! You should definitely change your calories to very active. That’s not enough calories.

Well, ladies, I spent some time perusing my video collection, then finally settled on “Have Mercy, the Sequel”. I did about 75 minutes of it (it’s two hours). In case you’re wondering, this is what the workout that I did, consists of:

WU
3 – 30 second spins with 30 second recovery (mid tension)
5 – 1 minute spins with 30 second recover (varying tension)
One minute light pedaling
10 – 1 minute spins with 30 second recovery (light tension – high cadence spin)
1 – 10 minute tempo interval that starts light tension then increases tension every 2 minutes until it’s a medium high tension
1 – 30 minute interval that changes tension every minute and has a lot of standing and sitting (this one is tough – he has you stand several times in a light gear so it’s a rapid spin while standing – my HR soared during this one).
Cool Down

That’s what I did and I’m feeling good! It goes on, too for a full 2 hours. But it’s not the toughest one he has – that’s Tough Love – 3 hours of pure torture. How fun! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.