How was I to know that Circuit Max....

RE: comparing CM to Karen Voights Cardio/Strength

I love Karen Voight, but her Cardio/Strength is easy compared to Circuit Max.
But have you tried Karen's Energy Sprint workout? Do it with ankle weights and you'll be crying to stop.

RE: A Rare, Respectful Disagreement

I must disagree with RhiannonW's suggestion to perform Energy Sprint, or indeed any cardio workout that incorporates the legs, with ankle weights. Even 1/2 pound of additional weight at the end of the long leg lever is significant, and can completely alter your balance, gait and joint movement of the low back, hip, knee and ankle in a highly risky manner. Most exercise physiologists frown on using ankle weights even for moderate-paced walking, just as most exercise physiologists warn against using weights in the hands while performing a step routine; the risk to all of the involved joints and the spine is just too great.

Just my $.02 -

Annette

RE: A Rare, Respectful Disagreement

Thanks Annette and RhiannonW.

I have Energy Sprint and really get a good workout when I do it. I interchange it with IMAX and Intense Moves. Don't worry, Annette, I have a bit of extra on my body alone that I wouldn't want to add any more. ;-) I appreciate your concern about people getting injured.

I am looking forward to Circuit Max, in fact I may not wait and just go ahead and order it tomorrow!

Thanks again guys

Susan http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/comic19.gif[/img]

Susan,
In my opinion (just to chime in here, I know you've already got several replies), C/S and Circuit Max have but one thing in common-the fact that they are circuit workouts. Oh, and they're both fun, too! But CM is way, way up there on the intensity scale compared to C/S. I wouldn't put them in the same category intensity-wise. I just did CM for the second time last night and IS IT FUN! Gosh, Cathe has you completely worn out at the end, mentally and physically. There is so much going on with the different styles of cardio that it is completely, thoroughly entertaining. The strength portions are very short and add to the interest of the whole workout. The one thing I will say is, because the cardio segments are so short, there is not alot of choreography build-up. You sort of have to catch on to her moves as she is doing them, but it isn't too hard because Cathe's cueing is so fab. I'm a newly-brave, former-choreography-challenged sort of person, just so you know where I'm coming from (my only two other Cathe cardio's right now are Cardio Kicks and Wedding tape but pretty soon I'll have many more to choose from).
hope this helps.
Kathy

Thanks Kathy for your views of the differences. I know I'll be wiped when I do CM but Cathe has such a high fun factor I'm sure it will push me through. I'll save doing it till I have nothing else in the day to do but that workout and nap!

I just ordered both Circuit Max and Powerstrike 2 from CK Sales so the wait won't be long for me to try it out now.

With only a few Cathes you have a lot of wonderful workouts to look forward to doing. :)

Susan http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/comic19.gif[/img]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.