How to spell this word

Armywife

Cathlete
Can someone please tell me how to spell this word. I am spelling it sache but I don't know how to spell it. I am talking about the move that we do in step aerobics and I know it is a dance term but do I have it spelled correctly. Your help would be greatly appreciated as I am using that term in a paper I am writing for class. Thanks!!!

It's spelled correctly the way you have it but you are suppose to have an accent sign over the "e". Not sure how to do that on the keyboard, though.

Oh, I just found it online finally, it is chasse with the little accent over the e. Yeah I don't know how to do that on the computer but at least I'll have it spelled right and not look like a dork! Thanks.

you usually insert the accent with e by actually inserting it as a symbol. Not sure how to do that if you are using Word since I usually use WP (word perfect).

Some instructors do say "sashay" instead of chassé (though 'sashay' is more like walking with attitude, like in Rue Paul's song "Supermodel". and I'm not even sure how the former is spelled!).

Yeah, and I'd add that sashay is an English word and chassé is French. Of course they sound similar and both have to do with movement so the two words get mixed up. But the def. of sashay is:

a. To walk or proceed, especially in an easy or casual manner.
b. To strut or flounce in a showy manner: sashaying around the dinner party in his fancy new clothes.
2. To perform the chassé in dancing. (interesting!)
3. To move in a sideways manner.

So I think Rue Paul is using it to mean "strut" on the runway.

Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.